ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Destiny

GTD, Lupo
I went for the Xim4 (£122 from ADZ) Corsair CGM65 mouse (£52 from Amazon) and just a standard Microsoft keyboard.

The Xim4 looked like the best option to me, a little pricey but it will get a lot of use. In pvp it will give you such an advantage over a control. The only issue will be moving around as the Xim4 only turned the mouse movements into controller output.

A quick video for sniping with a mouse. Obviously some level of skill is required before.

Mito Sportiva 135
good stuff Paul!

If you want to do any 35s give me a shout too, quite easy this week but need to do a couple more still

GTD, Lupo
Ok... Got home around 9 and decided to set up the Xim4... What a nightmare. It won't work with IOS at the moment but luckily I had an old Android tablet laying around. Connected everything up and the bloody mouse I purchased is the only one in the world that isn't compatible so that's on its way back to Amazon. I have ordered a mouse and I'm off to pc world in the morning to collect it. I'm not 100% convinced with it so far, all firmware updates have to be done through a PC and since I have turned Mac now I don't have many options. For the price I pay I was expecting it to be plug and play but the instructions are poorly written and I can't understand why there is no IOS support considering the number of people that use it.

Hopefully a better update tomorrow.

Monaco 172
Just started this on PS4 and already pretty obsessed with, finding the storyline laughably poor but the gameplay and levelling up etc. is pretty good. ID is Ford_Lukas if anyone wants to add me and give me some pointers :)

GTD, Lupo
Managed to get the 34 done last night, and now have a lvl 34 hunter an 33 warlock.
@Gorms, @Brand86 - is the gun from Variks this week worth it? "Six Dreg Pride" Hand cannon.

I haven't used it before mate, but i do like a hand cannon so might be worth picking it up.

As for the Xim4... its on its way back to the supplier. Its a total nightmare, all these people that say using a mouse and keyboard is cheating need to give it a go. Its far harder than using a pad due to the way the mouse input is converted to a pad output. Even the basics like running around are impossible. It takes about 3 attempts to do a full 360 rotation. When it comes to shooting its a little easier but gets pretty hard when trying to snipe. Totally not worth the £120 if anyone else is considering it.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I'll ask the boys. I believe it's the Cabal one with the tank this week. Don't know if we'll get all of those done in one swoop though!
Cabal with the tank? Should be a piece of piss then...! If Variks has the right Armor for sale this week then a 34 PoE should see my Hunter to level 34 :)

GTD, Lupo
Dammit, I need legs or helmet!

If you have a weapon and armour core you can do a random forge kind a thing. It comes down a little bit of luck. 50/50 you could get a weapon or armour but then also 1 in 4 chance you will get the right piece of armour.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
If you have a weapon and armour core you can do a random forge kind a thing. It comes down a little bit of luck. 50/50 you could get a weapon or armour but then also 1 in 4 chance you will get the right piece of armour.
Yeah, I have considered that. I'd rather keep the Weapon Cores in my (ever fading) dream of getting an Ice Breaker, or Gjallahorn!

GTD, Lupo
I know that feeling, I'm still waiting for a faitbringer. Weapons like gjallahorn and icebreaker will drop when you least expect it. I got gjallahorn from nightfall, crota and a couple of crucible games. Like anything in this game its just down to luck.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Cabal with the tank? Should be a piece of piss then...! If Variks has the right Armor for sale this week then a 34 PoE should see my Hunter to level 34 :smile:

It's not that one after all - it's the dude in the room. However, we pissed it! He didn't even make it 1 trip across the room.

The 34 last night we found hardest on the 4th round. Dismantling mines with a f**k load of wizards and boomers was not fun.
Once we cleared that though, we smashed Urzok in 1 go.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I need to do these. If I can get through them I'll get to 34 with my Hunter! My Warlock should piss the Nightfall & 34, I'd like to do the 35, too!

Mito Sportiva 135
My mic has been broken all this week, but hopefully my new one arrives today (and hopefully it was the headset rather than controller which was broken!)

I need to do all my 34s and 35s this week still too

White APE
Sliced my thumb open today. Going to be fun on the sticks. Going to try PoE 34 for the first time tonight.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah Red Death is worth getting. I got the titan boots so have all the new bits of exotic armour for that class (I have 3 titans...!) and god the queen's bow last night. Bit confused though as when I was given the cypher to begin with I chose the sidearm, but then when it came to receiving the weapon it let me choose again.

The main stuff I want now is the elemental version of the primary Wolf weapons you can get from Skolas, and the Trials armour and adept weapons. Particularly keen on the void scout rifle and solar hand cannon...as Taken King isn't out until September at least I've got some stuff to be working towards still

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
How's best to get strange coins? I've got s**t loads of motes of light but far fewer coins.

You can get 9 each week from the weekly heroic. If you have 2 or 3 characters, then you can get 27 coins a week.

Otherwise, you pick them up from random drops, loot chests, etc.