ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Destiny

Mito Sportiva 135
Had a good weekend in terms of getting stuff done (even though I got no decent rewards). Friday we managed to run through CE twice on hard followed by VOG on hard on the same evening. I got quite a few ascendant energies though which was good; finally levelled up a few weapons I've been stuck on for a while. Now just running through bounties really to level up my exotics before house of wolves. Thunderlord remains the only exotic weapon I need and as I am away this weekend, I can guarantee Xur will finally stock it!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Had a good weekend in terms of getting stuff done (even though I got no decent rewards). Friday we managed to run through CE twice on hard followed by VOG on hard on the same evening. I got quite a few ascendant energies though which was good; finally levelled up a few weapons I've been stuck on for a while. Now just running through bounties really to level up my exotics before house of wolves. Thunderlord remains the only exotic weapon I need and as I am away this weekend, I can guarantee Xur will finally stock it!
I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend on Destiny - went to Crota's End for the first time, and although we only got as far as the Gatekeepers, I enjoyed it. I haven't had any joy with DestinyLFG to be able to get in there again :(

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I've recently started playing again and realised why I stopped again. Seems like so much hassle to level up, I'm currently level 28 and have been for a long time!

I'm guessing public events are the quickest and easiest way to get ascendant shards/energy? I check the website to track down the locations and times etc.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, I've been stuck on level 30 for ages :( and don't have the patience to level another character up, as it takes so long :(

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I really don't know where people get the patience from to get to level 32!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I just started playing this yesterday. @MarcJP do I need to get up to level 30 or so to team with you on levels?
To do raids, yeah. I have a few other characters I can do story missions alongside you with, though. What level are you?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
@MarcJP @Brand86 For exotic stuff, weapons in particular, is the best way to just grind it out and save up to buy stuff of Xur? :( Only thing I have is an exotic helmet which took me a long time to get, but my primary weapon isn't that good.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
@MarcJP @Brand86 For exotic stuff, weapons in particular, is the best way to just grind it out and save up to buy stuff of Xur? 😧 Only thing I have is an exotic helmet which took me a long time to get, but my primary weapon isn't that good.
I got my Exotic weapon from Xur, yeah. Strange Coins. Raids are the other way to get them.

Are you on xbone?

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Get the headset so you can chat s**t to us lot. We can give you pointers too
Headset should've come with the Xbox?

JP, planning another raid soon? Either VoG or Crota? Hell, even the Nightfall! (Still haven't done it)

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I got my Exotic weapon from Xur, yeah. Strange Coins. Raids are the other way to get them.

Are you on xbone?
PS4. I wouldn't mind trying a raid but I only have one person on my list who is ranked high enough! :(

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
PS4. I wouldn't mind trying a raid but I only have one person on my list who is ranked high enough! 😧
There's your issue - PS4.

To be fair, the only person on my friends list that I ever raid with is JP

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Headset should've come with the Xbox?

JP, planning another raid soon? Either VoG or Crota? Hell, even the Nightfall! (Still haven't done it)

Not talked about it with the boys yet. Hopefully we'll get another one done soon though. Give me a shout when you're on and we can see about getting a nightfall done for you.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Not talked about it with the boys yet. Hopefully we'll get another one done soon though. Give me a shout when you're on and we can see about getting a nightfall done for you.
I'm just making some dinner then I'll be on buddy.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Was doing a bit of spirit bloom farming and I got a legendary engram from level 11 dreg lol :)

Mito Sportiva 135
@MarcJP @Brand86 For exotic stuff, weapons in particular, is the best way to just grind it out and save up to buy stuff of Xur? 😧 Only thing I have is an exotic helmet which took me a long time to get, but my primary weapon isn't that good.
I got most of my exotics on drops - there are 2 on Crota's End, 2 on Vault of Glass, a chance on nightfalls and a slim chance on strikes (my friend got his first Gjallahorn this week on a Roc strike!) If you have 3 characters and do each raid on hard and easy each week, you have 3 x 11 chances = 33 per week!
Having said that, I have bought a lot of stuff from Xur too. With 3 characters doing 3 x weekly challenges you will be getting a minimum of 27 coins a week, enough to buy a gun

To get to 32 isn't that bad - just play raids to get all the raid armour and some radiant shards, will take a couple of weeks as you can only do once per character per week. I run 3 Titans so I levelled up quickly as I could just switch my armour between each character to level it up

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
@Cub. hopefully you realised that was me who added you the other night.
If you want a hand leveling up give me a shout. I'm about a fair bit, as I have no social life. :smiley:

Plus if we get you up to 30, you can do the raids and become full on geek.

Mito Sportiva 135
I just realised I have nearly spent 700 hours on this game - that's nearly a whole MONTH! :(
Alarmingly, one guy I played with had clocked up over 1,200 hours and hasn't played since early February! Madness.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Same, it's done me well to be fair.

I NEED to get on with levelling my other characters, but today is reset day :(

@JP83 as I too have no social life - are you on later? :)

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
Same, it's done me well to be fair.

I NEED to get on with levelling my other characters, but today is reset day 😧

@JP83 as I too have no social life - are you on later? :smile:

Haha! Hopefully dude. Although I need to sort the dishwasher and finish these steps, so it'd be later on.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I tried the vault of glass last night, wow that takes hours, got offline at around 3.30 LOL. My weapon isn't that great though and I'm only level 28 :( we managed to get to the relic part but could only get the Templar's health down to halfway before we died.

We hid down near the relic spawn point and all charged out at the same time, took down his shield and all shot at him, when he transported we all went back down to the relic spawn point. Just repeated that really, not looking forward to what's coming after the templar lol.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Haha! Hopefully dude. Although I need to sort the dishwasher and finish these steps, so it'd be later on.
Cool. It's Omnigul on the weekly & Nightfall, I'm assuming that's gonna be rock hard :(

On another note, I tried that DestinyLFG site again today, as I want to try out Crota again, it's useless.

So if anyone fancies running through it one evening this week, let me know...!

Mito Sportiva 135
Why did you find LFG useless?

It is Crota but has all burns on - so shouldn't be too hard. Gjallahorn all the way! Lots of glimmer to be had too

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Why did you find LFG useless?

It is Crota but has all burns on - so shouldn't be too hard. Gjallahorn all the way! Lots of glimmer to be had too
It's clunky on a phone, I find. I'll maybe try it again this evening and see if I can get into a Crota run.

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
Cool. It's Omnigul on the weekly & Nightfall, I'm assuming that's gonna be rock hard 😧

On another note, I tried that DestinyLFG site again today, as I want to try out Crota again, it's useless.

So if anyone fancies running through it one evening this week, let me know...!

If it's the one where she's in the room at the end, it's not so bad.
I usually find a "duck and cover" technique works. If you hang back and just poke your head out now and again, you can take her down. Slightly time consuming, but it works.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
If it's the one where she's in the room at the end, it's not so bad.
I usually find a "duck and cover" technique works. If you hang back and just poke your head out now and again, you can take her down. Slightly time consuming, but it works.
Yeah, it's how I did it earlier, on the weekly - I obviously haven't done the Nightfall.

I'm happy to run through the Weekly again later with you though if you want

White APE
Quick question. I play this on my ps4. The gf has just bought me a copy for PS3 so I can play when I'm at hers.
Can I just log in on my PSN and carry on my ps4 progress or will it start from scratch?

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I believe it'll start from scratch? I'm basing that on my experience of GTA 5 cross-platform though!

GTD, Lupo
I haven't played for almost a month due to work and I'm quite looking forward to playing again, just enough time to get ready for HoW! Is it sad I have almost spent 1k hours on this... Will speak soon @Brand86