ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decent bright headlight bulbs for my ph-quick

53 Clio's & counting
where can i get some of these from guys? mine are terrible!

i think they are hb4's i think?

cheers

ph1 172...a red one
I bought these HB3's as they were the most powerful at the time, 'nice' improvement on OE. I now see that they do a 50% increase on OE, so these 'should' be very good...
Can't remember what i changed the H7's too...these look mental, and maybe to powerful for plastic lens covers!!

Nice review of latest bulbs on offer

Last edited:
  53 Clio's & counting
cheers guys :)

what has people fitted? has anyone else found the ph-1 lights to be shite or is it just me? lol

02' PH1 172
can h3 bulbs replace hb3 bulbs or are they totally diff alltogether?
Im having problems finding hb3 ones

A well built VW
bmh.01 those be ok on a 2002 clio dci ? Could you go any higher than 4300 or is there a reason for that specific bulb you recommend?

phase 1 172
are they different to the normal kits as they are alot cheaper than other kits i`ve seen

the reason he said that temperature is the colour is at its whitest which means vision will be improved best, the higher the temp the fancier the colour but the vision isnt as good

BMW M135i
bmh.01 those be ok on a 2002 clio dci ? Could you go any higher than 4300 or is there a reason for that specific bulb you recommend?

Nope as you haven't got projectors on the normal halogen lights and you'll be blind everyone coming the other way.

BMW M135i
are they different to the normal kits as they are alot cheaper than other kits i`ve seen

the reason he said that temperature is the colour is at its whitest which means vision will be improved best, the higher the temp the fancier the colour but the vision isnt as good

Yeh they are cheaper than others i've used, but the kit looks exactly the same in the pics so i'm assuming it is.

And yep thats why I recommend 4300k, anything else is too blue to be any better than halogens imo.

phase 1 172
how easy do you find them to fit BMH, i was going to buy a kit off one of the lads on here but if these do a simiila job and i can get some one to fit it

BMW M135i
You've got projectors so you could fit HIDs if you wanted to.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XENON-H1-H3-H...oryZ9895QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'd get 4300k myself. Fitted a few of those kits and the quality isn't bad at all really.

Is that kit one of the legal ones?
None of them are "legal" due to a lack of washers and auto levelling, but those will be fine.

so that link to that kit will do good in my car matey? :)
Yep

how easy do you find them to fit BMH, i was going to buy a kit off one of the lads on here but if these do a simiila job and i can get some one to fit it
Plug and play no bother, i'm not too far away if you wanted them fitting let me know.

53 Clio's & counting
Cheers mate might have to give that a try me thinks! mine areso bad i often check to make sure i havent left just sidelights on :s

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
always go for 6000k on HIDs

thats the same colour as OEM cars with xneons,

never ever get 8000k

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

takes 20 mins max, ive had these on my BMW, clio mrk2 psh1 1.2 16v and clio psh1 172

Ignis Sport
If your wanting just bulbs i would recommend Phillips x-treme power. I have these and the are really bright compared to the standard bulbs which were in my ignis. They claim to be 80% brighter than standard bulbs. Pure white beam comes off of these bulbs. Also Osram have brought out nightbreaker bulbs that the claim to be 90% brighter than standard bulbs.

Hope this helps

BMW M135i
always go for 6000k on HIDs

thats the same colour as OEM cars with xneons,

never ever get 8000k

Erm renault use 4300k, thats the most usable light. A few others do too, ford for one I think. 6000k is too blue for me.

Mk2 1.2 Campus
Sounds obvious but as most cars are filthy this time of year have you tried wiping the headlights, it should make a massive difference.

Even then I wouldn't say the lights are particularly brilliant, especially when compared to HID.

Does anyone know anywhere that supplies yellow bulbs? I want some for dipped beam and my fog lights.

53 Clio's & counting
boom one,you cant use normal h3s mate has to be hb3s

im ordering one of these kits but what do i go for the 4300k or 6000k?