ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-Cat Fitted now have engine management light on?!

Renault Clio 172
Hey all,

just fitted my De-Cat now have a engine management light on is this normal? Anything I can do to get it off?

Thanks

Jack

Hey all,

just fitted my De-Cat now have a engine management light on is this normal? Anything I can do to get it off?

Thanks

Jack

You're probably mistaking it for the exhaust emissions light? Orange, down on the right hand side of the clocks, to be fair it is the shape of an engine block lol.

And if so, yes this is normal. You don't have a cat. Therefore you're car can't get rid of the nastier exhaust gases. Therefore the emissions light is on.

182ff
Is this true!? Even more reason to get one.
I have a decat on my 182 and when I first bought the car the emissions light was on due to this, I turned it off numerous times using a cheap fault reader but it came back on within a day or so every time.
I bought a rs tuner in October and remapped the ecu with this to the 98 Ron map and since then the emissions light stays off.

monaco 172
My light used to come on with my decat but since I remapped with Rs tuner 3 years ago I haven't seen the light since

Not true. map has no affect on the light.
You can however reset the fault codes so it goes off. Will eventuality come back on though. Mine comes back on after around six months so just do it again.

I'm sure they do! Mine used to come on every so often but since it's been mapped it no longer does. Guessing it changes something in the ecu.

Get your facts straight.

Sorry...
I have the 98Ron map, and my emissions light still comes on.

It would appear there are different versions of the map
I would imagine when you remap it resets the ecu, wiping fault codes thus turning off the light. Whether it comes back on or is dependant on the map version actually disabling it I would have thought.

LY R26 #288
I'll back this up in saying I had a decat on my 182 the emissions light would always come on with the standard map on. With the 98ron map I never saw the light again.

2003 Clio 172
Just to clarify.....my car HAS a cat. The first map Henk gave me was a 98 Ron map that threw the light on......he told me he gave me a decay map by mistake that was for a car with no cat.....he then gave me the correct map, 98 Ron for a car WITH a cat.

So there are definitely 2 different maps

Jinj.