ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dci Tuning

Writen off dci 100
hi all

im picking up my 2005 Clio 1.5 dci (100) tomorrw and i was wondering what tuning upgrades are available as k-tec only seem to sell the remap.

Josie

172 ph1
you share first name with a very beautiful model/entrepreneur that I met in LA :p

don't know much about tuning options for the 1.5dci but being a turbodiesel, you should see some good gains just with higher boost pressure remap though :dunno:

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
There are always turbo and intercooler upgrades, maybe not off the shelf but anything is possible.

Golf R/Leon FR
what mk is the dci you got? mk2 or mk3?

how much was it if you dont mind me asking? im looking for one myself

fabia vrs
well you hit the nail on the head mate !! turbo, intercooler, de-cat, pannel filter, 'live mapping' depends on how much you have gota spend !! Most people are happy with a filter and remap should see about 125 bhp !! for under £500 you are talking mega money for intercooler's/turbo's !!

Writen off dci 100
what mk is the dci you got? mk2 or mk3?

how much was it if you dont mind me asking? im looking for one myself

mk2 just picked it up today it feels so flat compared to me cup which was RR'd at 190bhp

but on the other hand i flogged the nackers off it for 60 miles and averaged 49mpg :D (thats why i baught it)

oh and it was 4.5k

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
what model is it DCi65, 80 or 100?

ive got a 65, running a K&N pannel filter and DCi80 intercooler and already saw some gains, just trying to find a clutch to handle the torque so i can get it mapped with some dci80 injectors!

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
what model is it DCi65, 80 or 100?

ive got a 65, running a K&N pannel filter and DCi80 intercooler and already saw some gains, just trying to find a clutch to handle the torque so i can get it mapped with some dci80 injectors!
howmuch did you pay for the injectors mate ? from what i know the 1.5 and the 1.9 dci use the same head so would the injectors from a 120dci not fit the clio ?
also apparently the box from the dci 65 is the same as the clio 1.8,16v and the dci 80 is the same box as from the williams . different gear ratios obviously but would a paddle clutch from either the valver or williams not fit the dci ?
as for power gains get a frontmount froma focus tdci , get it decatted and run some more boost and filter with a propper map not just a plug n play box and you should see some good gains

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
howmuch did you pay for the injectors mate ? from what i know the 1.5 and the 1.9 dci use the same head so would the injectors from a 120dci not fit the clio ?
also apparently the box from the dci 65 is the same as the clio 1.8,16v and the dci 80 is the same box as from the williams . different gear ratios obviously but would a paddle clutch from either the valver or williams not fit the dci ?
as for power gains get a frontmount froma focus tdci , get it decatted and run some more boost and filter with a propper map not just a plug n play box and you should see some good gains

not got injectors for it yet mate thats the plan though, possibly they would fit im not 100% sure. ill look into it

dci65 uses the 1.6 16v box(valver) and the dci80 uses a 172 box(williams), dci 100 like the OP's is a complete different box. im not 100% if you could use an uprated 172/1.6 16v clutch on it, cant see why not but once again ill look into it!

since he/she has got a 100 i wouldnt bother changing the intercooler as the 100 has a decent one on it (very similar to the tdci one!)

Polo Bluemotion
The dci100's are fantastic cars. I part exd mine last week, after 2 and a bit years of ownership and 40k miles. I loved the stealth factor of it, the mpg, and with my old tunit fitted, the laziness of it when on the motorway. I even managed manchester-london-manchester at a steady 80ish on £40 of fuel, which i was impressed with.

As with all cars, there are some people who have bad experiences with particular cars, and you may hear horror stories about the gearboxes on the 100's. In my cars relative hard life, i didnt have one issue with the box or clutch, even with the tunit and hard driving.

Great car, enjoy it, and smile rather smuggly knowing that there isnt another car (to my knowledge) as quick as your dci100 that costs £35 per year to tax ;)

The dci100's are fantastic cars. I part exd mine last week, after 2 and a bit years of ownership and 40k miles. I loved the stealth factor of it, the mpg, and with my old tunit fitted, the laziness of it when on the motorway. I even managed manchester-london-manchester at a steady 80ish on £40 of fuel, which i was impressed with.

As with all cars, there are some people who have bad experiences with particular cars, and you may hear horror stories about the gearboxes on the 100's. In my cars relative hard life, i didnt have one issue with the box or clutch, even with the tunit and hard driving.

Great car, enjoy it, and smile rather smuggly knowing that there isnt another car (to my knowledge) as quick as your dci100 that costs £35 per year to tax ;)

bmw 118d (07on wards) 0-60 8.7 s 130 mph 140 bhp 119 g/km quick old bus :rasp:

the dci100 is a rare old car though

320d
bmw 118d (07on wards) 0-60 8.7 s 130 mph 140 bhp 119 g/km quick old bus :rasp:

the dci100 is a rare old car though

there is one in this months evo, think its a DMS 118d and its 170bhp and tax band B.

However if you have £23,000 to spend on a car, who is arsed about tax bands and mpg. Rather spend £20,000 on something quick and enjoyable to drive and spend the £3000 on the higher running costs. Oh and I don't want to drive a bloody derv.

clio 197 cup
these are a cracking little motor "off the shelf" remapped ,they can be great fun.good results can be seen from people like rs tuning,supachips etc,and ive also heard of the "tune-it" boxes giving good gains.i would recommend popping into wh smiths and getting a copy of diesel car magazine,as they normally list the aftermarket tuners.im pretty sure that the magazine has done a test on a mapped clio.(im sure you can find it on-line).

just get it done,and you will have a clio that can suprise a lot of more "sporting " motors,especially in the midrange.

good luck.

steve