ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

D40 + Trip to Chicago

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
What a great trip! Managed to wangle our way into the Virgin Club house at Heathrow before the flight, then flew and returned on upper class, the only way to travel ;)

Chicago is an awesome city, 4 days was long enough to see the sights, lots of walking and shopping. Most of the pics are taken on the lens kit, 18-55mm, polorising filter and minimal photoshop to tidy up levels etc. Couple were taken on the 50mm f1.8 - manual focus can be tricky! Its my first real attempt at DLSR photograthy, so go easy :rasp:

2021578753_bf4e8ce0f3.jpg

2022364686_33d9eeb13b.jpg

2022360384_d2893ceb27.jpg

2022294016_b895ddf684.jpg

2022355128_953bf1eec2.jpg

2021547111_93048549e7.jpg

2022347186_6a85d840a3.jpg

2021536389_b1118be370.jpg

2022330978_e6135b485c.jpg

2022326494_0f10b38fae.jpg

2021510515_1c03a814db.jpg

2022300914_ce34506809.jpg

More here

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
you can click on the all sizes icon to get a bigger one, but i have the full size versions of all of them

2022355128_953bf1eec2_b.jpg

SLK 350
Nice pics laddo, DSLR really do make for superb photographs of things which with a compact would look disinteresting - need to get myself some kit next year I think.

Recommend Chicago then?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Nice pics mate, how long have you been into photography?

Only had the D40 about 3 weeks, but been taking pics on a compact camera for about 5 years.

Went up the Sears Tower and was disappointed - no open air viewing area so crap reflections for photos. John Hancock would have been a better choice.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Nice pics laddo, DSLR really do make for superb photographs of things which with a compact would look disinteresting - need to get myself some kit next year I think.

Recommend Chicago then?

Its a wicked city, Not quite a New York or San Fran, but its not that far behind tbh

dk

911 GTS Cab
my favourite city along with NY.

Great pics, not had a chance to go there with my DSLR, been to the area twice this year but was staying in indiana so only flew into o'hare.

Was the river still green from St Patricks day when they dye it?

Excellent shots, polarizer really makes those first few shots, looks excellent.

Keep working on that 50mm mate, the shots from that lens stand out a mile (in a good way!) as you clearly have a good eye for a shot anyway.

Mk4 .:R32
do the dslr chaps on here all have tripods? I really fancy a D40 after messing with my dads, but to be honest I don't want to carry a tripod with me when I want to take some pics. The only time I'd use it would be for exposure shots I suppose?

do the dslr chaps on here all have tripods? I really fancy a D40 after messing with my dads, but to be honest I don't want to carry a tripod with me when I want to take some pics. The only time I'd use it would be for exposure shots I suppose?

I've never used one (even for long exposure night shots), usually find something to support my camera on, if not I get the Gorillapod out and use that. Managed without it in New York but needed it in Venice.

I think a tripod would ruin my photography instantly, I'm all for grabbing the moment, hate having to set shots up.

Mk4 .:R32
cool :) cheers. Well I've found a D40 for £279, is that a good/reasonable price? My dad got his from hong kong for £240, but I knew they would be cheaper over there

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I didn't use a tripod for any of mine, although i did buy a gorillapod zoom out there.

Don't like the idea of carrying a massive tripod round with me tbh, and the gorillapod fits in my bag with all the other kit.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
Great Pics, really good going for someone who has only had the camera for a matter of weeks.

You have a great eye for the different shots, I love the pic of the woman really shows an aspect and the story of what people get up to.

E90
and she is MINT!!!! I love that girl, could of stole her off him at the alter.

Cletus your a weak assed camera geekazoid but they are cracking pics

E90
my favourite city along with NY.

Great pics, not had a chance to go there with my DSLR, been to the area twice this year but was staying in indiana so only flew into o'hare.

Was the river still green from St Patricks day when they dye it?

17th of march!!!! I doubt it.

172, Tiguan
I didn't use a tripod for any of mine, although i did buy a gorillapod zoom out there.

Don't like the idea of carrying a massive tripod round with me tbh, and the gorillapod fits in my bag with all the other kit.

g33k!

Did you really take them Ian? They're pretty good mate.

Another place to add to my 'must go' list.