ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crashed the V6 last night

Backend spun out and sent me in to the kurb. Drop the car off at the repair centre this morning (thank god i upgraded the AA cover £50 well worth it) They recon

New left Tyre

New Front Wheel

New Front Bumber

Possible subframe damage.

Damage to the lfet suspension as its been pushed back.

Anyone know how much this is going to set me back? I dont think im going to go through the insurance company as i cant afford to lose the no claims.

Couple of Qs

should i tell the insurance company ive had an accident just inacase i do need to claim???

How will this effect next years Insurance quote, that i need to renew in march????

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

:( :( :( Impossible to tell on the full cost until youve had the subframe damage assessed, but my guess is it will be a good few grand depending on parts

Speak to Paddy about the insurance side of it, he knows his sh*t.

ive got a right dilema do i ring my insurance company and tell them or do i hope for the best that the damage isnt to bad and i can pay for it myself?????

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

nnnnoooo, sorry to hear that mate, hope it all gets sorted out and you dont loose your ncb

E91 M Sport

I feel bad for you. If it was me, and I had 7 years NCD I would definitely try and pay for it myself - it will be cheaper in the long run.

Check your insurance smallprint, it might tell you how long you have until you can no longer claim. I think its a number of days/weeks.

And btw, as soon as you tell them, theyll try and screw you.

right just been on the phone to my insurance company.

My excess is £500 and i will lose 2 years ncb taking me down to 3 years (even though i have 7 years, they only work on 5), so that is not as bad as i thought so maybe ill make a claim.

She also said that i have 3 months to make a claim if i decide to do so which is pretty good so i dont need to tell them ive had an accident if i decide to pay for the damage myself.

feeling better now ive phoned them up :D

:( not a decision you can make until you know the cost of repair but if its a few grand is has to be cheaper to go through your insurance surely?:confused:

will your no claims become protected when you reach 25 or when you renew the policy?

if its the first one claim in a few days instead

well scared the sh*t out of me going sideways and didnt have the skill to bring it back in line (the ass was trying to touch the face), was only doing about 15mph accelerating to 25mph turning right when i put my foot down it skidded on the ice and spun in to the kerb at about 8mph. felt totally out of control at that low speed, think i need to do some sort of advanced driving tutition. Lucky it was 22.15 and there was noone else about could quite easily of killed some poor pedestrian or hit another car, so i guess im lucky really.

Quote: Originally posted by iceblue182 on 22 January 2005

:( not a decision you can make until you know the cost of repair but if its a few grand is has to be cheaper to go through your insurance surely?:confused:

will your no claims become protected when you reach 25 or when you renew the policy?

if its the first one claim in a few days instead

now ive spoken to the insurance company i think ill be better off making a claim, but like you say ill have to wait until monday for the quote.

pisser, not what you want. i cant see it being economic to repair yourself so probably best off suffering the loss of someNCD and getting it done through insurance.

another thing the tracker got set off as soon as my car started moving on the back of the AA truck, and within seconds my mobile was ringing rac trackstar had spotted it and were ringing to make sure i new it was being moved. Great to know it works puts your mind at rest.

Clio v6

Quote: was only doing about 15mph accelerating to 25mph turning right when i put my foot down it skidded on the ice and spun in to the kerb at about 8mph

Apart from hitting the kerb, his happens to me almost every day. I have learned go very easy turning into certain roads.

Hope you get it repaired soon, and better than standard ;)

Quote: Originally posted by James on 22 January 2005

Quote: was only doing about 15mph accelerating to 25mph turning right when i put my foot down it skidded on the ice and spun in to the kerb at about 8mph

Apart from hitting the kerb, his happens to me almost every day. I have learned go very easy turning into certain roads.

Hope you get it repaired soon, and better than standard ;)

Ive learned my lesson mate ;) treat her gentle or she bites :D

Mini Cooper S sport

Aw sh*t, sorry to hear that mate, hope the damage isnt too bad.

Sounds like going through insurance is the best way - thats what we pay it for anyway :)

Shhh

The 182 kicked out last night too matey, i was doing a sweeping right and was at about 6k then changed gear, as i pushed the clutch pedal in the back end kicked to the left. When i released the clutch pedal it came back into line...good job i was not close to the kerb...

That was at about 45mph..

Id wait till the garage get back to you with a estimate to do the work...then you can maybe use confused.com to work out a quote for next year putting in the accident details etc, work out then what the price goes up by. I would think the extra cost of your insurance over the next 2-3years would pay for the repair.

If you pay for it yourself, the accident stays off the HPI register...

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Really sorry to hear about this dude! A lesson to all the V6 (and soon to be) owners!

sh*t that is not good. i feel for you mate. the front bumper is £850 un-painted, so id go through insurance.

there is no weight at the front, so fingers crossed the subframe wont be bent, as a light front end wouldnt hit with such force.

get to the v6 trackday maybe, all V6 owners there will better there control of the rear end, safely too.

As long as you didnt hit anyone its easy to get the insurance to fix it..even keeping all your NCD that is due in just 5 days! U SHOULD wait a week, and then tell them AFTER u have protected NCD. Even if it is the day after you contact them!!

I was sweating a bit when I had an accident a while ago, as I hadnt even told them it was modified! I was a daft kid that didnt know better!

I had a big accident going around a long sweeping bend at quite a rate in my car! I lost it big time.. the back end was swinging like a barn door..until I finally hit a wall!

I had the AA pick the car up and drop it off at Renault, then whilst it was there.. The very First thing the next day.. I called the Insurance..told them I had just modified my car (lol..I really had just modified it when I hit the wall!), with coilovers! Sports Exhaust! ect! (all these things hadnt been claimed on my policy before! So if they had seen it smashed up like that...it would have been me paying for the damage!)

I then left it for 2 days... then rang them back and told them I had just had an accident! With all the modifications now accounted for! It was fixed at a cost of over £3k to the Insurance by Renault!! That was some few years ago. Just lucky I hadnt hit anyone...or Ill be right in the sh*t with a modified car, that was only insured as an unmodified standard one.

Shows you dont need to tell them until you are ready, as long as its only a few days! and have everything in place to cover your own back... (as long as you didnt hit anyone that is) leave it a few days when u get your protected NCD.

GOOD LUCK! Its fecking horrible for anyone to deal with crashing there pride and joy! Sorry to hear it mate.

Its getting a bit personal... and Im in a good mood.. so deleted that cocky comment, lol ;)

[Edited by Liquidcool on 22 January 2005 at 8:17pm]

Sorry to hear about your uinlucky crash mate, hope things get sorted for you real soon.:(

If you lost it on ICE and the road was meant to have been gritted, maybe you could sue the Council for the damage, its been done before?;)

just a thought?

Simon.

Quote: Originally posted by Liquidcool on 22 January 2005

Who wrote this then? Detective? Its the muppet show! lol

nice comment !!!says it all really, and im guessing it aint to hard too work out who you are

Ill PM u mate.... this is getting silly.. dont wanna mess this guys thread up anymore..hes after some support from some mates... k. ;)

thats bad news mate ... paying it yourself is a bad move .. new front bumper is circa 4 grand!!! .as for the other damage .. who wants a bent V6??. id be going for the write-off . take the money and buy another !

insurance companies are arseholes when it comes to the treasured NCB. It seems whatever you do ..YOU are wrong and they can take it all off you if THEY decide.. but im sure they dont take all 7 off you .. they should take 3 max

Quote: Originally posted by vee6 on 23 January 2005

thats bad news mate ... paying it yourself is a bad move .. new front bumper is circa 4 grand!!! .as for the other damage .. who wants a bent V6??. id be going for the write-off . take the money and buy another !

insurance companies are arseholes when it comes to the treasured NCB. It seems whatever you do ..YOU are wrong and they can take it all off you if THEY decide.. but im sure they dont take all 7 off you .. they should take 3 max

4k for a front bumper??? you cannot be seriouse??? Dunno if its bent yet cant see how it can be myself, but im no expert. Would be nice if they did write it off but theres no chance of that happening.

Quote: Originally posted by SimonV6 on 22 January 2005

Sorry to hear about your uinlucky crash mate, hope things get sorted for you real soon.:(

If you lost it on ICE and the road was meant to have been gritted, maybe you could sue the Council for the damage, its been done before?;)

just a thought?

Simon.

to be honest mate its probably my own fault, ice or not i should of been more carefull.

Revels Mum & Sister

4K for a Bumper I dont think so!

Get someone with the Ren Dialogys to check the price if they can. Sorry to hear about your accident.

I know the feeling of lossing it. I have a MR2 Turbo and have had some brown pants moments as well

The bodywork is stupidly expensive on the V6. I bought a replacement rubber strip for underneath the front bumper (the one that stops the bumper being destroyed as much on speed bumps) and that was £140 inc VAT!

Whilst I was at the dealers there was a crashed V6. Bloke lost control of it and scraped the side along an armco barrier causing damage to the bumper, front wing, door, rear panel, both wheels and front suspension. Damage assessor had only got to the door when they wrote it off having already totalled £14000 for repairs.

I know it doesnt help to hear it but be prepared for a big bill or write off.