ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crashed the clio :(

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
If the guy is parked in the middle of the road, round a corner, like you have said. I'd be claiming off of his insurance...

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
my insurance have allready told me i have to take liability as i went into the back of them :(

Not at all, if they weren't there how can they comment? If its as you said, there was nothing you could do and he shouldn't have been in the middle of the road.

172 cup
i did explain that but he said if i went into the back of them i need to take liability his answer was even if a car is stationary it doesnt give you the right to just drive into the back of them

Not at all, if they weren't there how can they comment? If its as you said, there was nothing you could do and he shouldn't have been in the middle of the road.
and theyl also say.. you should of been going at a speed of where you had time to stop in the event of a car being in the road like the crash... you go in the back your at fault... had a women pull in a tiny gap infront of me on the motorway before and she slammed her brakes on and i hit her... i just sorted it without insurance though.. cost me £110 for the little crease in her audi's bumper

Put it this way, if the car in front had to stop becuase a child was in the road and you hit the back of them its not their fault. Its just annoying as hell as they were stationary chatting to someone on the pavement.

Sorry but you're liable :(

172 cup
how does it work if they write my car off and i get a new one the same will they cover me for the same price or will they run a new quote through adding in the claim?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
You will have to notify them of the claim (but they will know already!) and they will work out a new quote (continuation) for the remainder of the policy...but will probably pull your pants down on renewal. When I had my crash, I went from a 172Cup to a 1.6 Megane Coupe (so wasn't too bad, but I lost 2 years NCB because of the accident).

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
My insurance went up by £400 when I had a crash with 2 years no claims at 21 so might not be too bad for you mate.

172 cup
ah rite cool im 22 and got 3 years ncb at the moment but ive been told itll drop to 1 year but i pay like £1200 now :-/

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
Won't cost much at all tbqh...

Bumper £60-90, Bonnet £100. Then I have a driver side light and slam panel for sale if needed.

Just keep your fingers crossed that you have not bent the chassis legs.
That's the only real worry.

172 cup
It needs new wing and there is damage under the bumper the slam panel is bent as well and there is some sort of problem with the suspension/ steering

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Unlucky mate. I would say that's a write off though. I would claim over insurance like others have said. Perhaps see if you could buy car back then break it for parts.

LY Megane R26 230
Sorry to hear about you accident mate :(

I'm breaking a Cup at present and have everything you need to put the car straight.

Drop me a pm if you want any further info

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
If you can't get the bonnet open to change filter, chances are he won't get it open to see it!

Unlucky on the accident mate, feel for you, must be gutting!

Push for buying it back, break it and get some money back, worst part is premiums going up in future!

172 cup
I'm jot really in a position to break it though don't really know enough about cars and different parts bit limited on tools too :-( think I'm just gonna cUTStarcom my losses and move on I spoke to insurance this morning there arranging a garage to look at it

I'm jot really in a position to break it though don't really know enough about cars and different parts bit limited on tools too :-( think I'm just gonna cUTStarcom my losses and move on I spoke to insurance this morning there arranging a garage to look at it

Yeah I'd be the same about breaking it, idea seems great but the reality isn't always the same. I'd still buy it back though, somebody would still want it for repairing, I reckon it's still a way of clawing some cash back?

easy enough damage to repair though.a few hours and a basic toolset should get it sorted :)

Yeah I'd say with a garage or driveway, a decent few tools and a bit of patience and perseverance it could be back together and ok again for quite small outlay.

172 cup
easy enough damage to repair though.a few hours and a basic toolset should get it sorted :)

There is more damage than what meets the eye I think like the metal work at the front behind all the bumper and Bonnet is all bent could be subframe damage also bad vibrations on the steering but nothing is catching the wheels I've all ready checked I wouldn't know where to start looking for those problems how much would it be worth as it is?

There is more damage than what meets the eye I think like the metal work at the front behind all the bumper and Bonnet is all bent could be subframe damage also bad vibrations on the steering but nothing is catching the wheels I've all ready checked I wouldn't know where to start looking for those problems how much would it be worth as it is?

Steering vibrations can be something very simple though, bonnet is about £50 plus paint? Subframe isn't as easy though, if that's shagged I personally wouldn't bother.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
may i ask why the other person you crashed into was in the middle of the road? surely that would be their fault then? :/

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Mate, I don't have the first clue about mechanics and managed to take apart the majority of my Trophy using nothing more than a £15 halfords socket set. Taking stuff apart isn't hard, it's putting it back that is, lol.

172 cup
I was meaning the metal piece that the bonnet catches onto is bent and the metal Bar going across in front of the radiator is also bent and the frame the headlights sit in are bent so a lot of straightening out to do :-/

172 cup
may i ask why the other person you crashed into was in the middle of the road? surely that would be their fault then? :/

I agree they were chatting to a pedestrian but my insurance have said because I hit the back of them it's my fault

LY Megane R26 230

not worth much more than 400-500 id say as they can be picked up straight for 700-800 quid

I was meaning the metal piece that the bonnet catches onto is bent and the metal Bar going across in front of the radiator is also bent and the frame the headlights sit in are bent so a lot of straightening out to do :-/

Yeah that's all good though, just time consuming. At least you'll feel better like you've accomplished something if you do it... I'd give it a bash, you're never gonna lose money in having it back.

172 cup
I'm not really up for doing the work I'd rather buy a new one but I will see how much it's gonna cost to buy back someone mite be interested in buying it as is

RS172
Gutted for you mate, but like people say its worth buying back and breaking!

where abouts are you in Somerset?

172 cup
I'm in Taunton. I can't be bothered with the hassel to be fair, if someone else wants to then I can buy it back for them but it's not for me. I don't get enough spare time I work away from home a lot so only really got weekends and am too busy doing other things.

172 Cup
I really don't get why you keep asking whether or not it's worth claiming?!

Assuming the car you ran in to the back of is damaged (which judging by your car it will be) then THAT person will be claiming off YOUR insurance meaning you will HAVE to pay your excess - regardless of whether or not you then ask your insurance to fix your car.

Not asking the insurance to fix your car will only lower the total cost of the claim, which, in all honesty, is irrelevant given the value of a clio.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I just let the insurance deal with it and take my car and got what money I could and moved on.

172 cup
I really don't get why you keep asking whether or not it's worth claiming?!

Assuming the car you ran in to the back of is damaged (which judging by your car it will be) then THAT person will be claiming off YOUR insurance meaning you will HAVE to pay your excess - regardless of whether or not you then ask your insurance to fix your car.

Not asking the insurance to fix your car will only lower the total cost of the claim, which, in all honesty, is irrelevant given the value of a clio.

I don't keep asking I'f it's worth claiming I have already claimed!! I asked to begin with just to see if it actually worth claiming for or just repair myself. Also my insurance company have told me I only have to pay my excess if I claim for my own vehicle the damage to the other party is covered by my my insurance company they told me that on the phone this morning my excess is payable to the garage that does the repair to my vehicle