ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cookie's Golf R32

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
So its been a generally reliable car which has performed as expected, barring some TLC which could all have been done in a week after you bought it?

FLOL at the highest spec car in the range not having cruise though.

Edition 30 doesn't have it as standard either. I need the multi-function steering wheel in my life.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I use it more than cruise! But that's cos we've got a lot of average speed cameras in roadworks just now and the cruise was on and off the whole time

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
IMG-20161101-WA0012.jpeg

An awful picture after I'd cleaned it

#shedlife

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
From what I can tell, it is very nice. Take a proper pic where we can properly see its shiny shoes.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
From what I can tell, it is very nice. Take a proper pic where we can properly see its shiny shoes.
I'll see if I can find the DSLR, it's in the house somewhere.. bet it's not taken a picture in at least 3 years though

Need to go over the leather with some Gliptone stuff tomorrow, so will try and take a proper picture, for a change. I really need to take it for a drive out.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Tyres still deflating on demand. Had enough with it now. Will put it up on AutoTrader when I get a free minute, see what I can get for it.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Tyres still deflating on demand. Had enough with it now. Will put it up on AutoTrader when I get a free minute, see what I can get for it.
Ridiculous that cause can't be found. On a serious note, get someone else to place the advert.
hqdefault.jpg

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Why not just buy another set of r32 wheels with tyres and sell these freshly refurbed ones on? Seems a bit drastic to sell it cause of that.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Have you actually had all 4 wheels checked for leaks etc?
Buy a kids paddling pool, fill with water, put 40 psi in each tyre, put wheel in paddling pool. Look for bubbles.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Probably.
Setting fire to it would probably be more fun though, bonfire night on Sat, so just leave it in a dodgy part of Essex or something??
Perhaps just leave it on your drive, get rid of that sh1tter next door as well.
He needs to take a nice beach break to Jaywick.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Checked the tyres (with my eyes) earlier. Car hasn't moved since Sunday night and doesn't appear to have lost much if any pressure

Also I have new wiper blades now. 15 quid discount with Halfords trade card. Rock n roll.

Evo 5 RS
"Here love come and look at what the t**t next door is doing now."

"Are those wheels? In a paddling pool?"

What would you get instead if you sold it?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
"Here love come and look at what the t**t next door is doing now."

"Are those wheels? In a paddling pool?"

What would you get instead if you sold it?
The money from the sale to pay off a loan, then I'd take the rest of the money and leave it in a pot until I had enough money for something fun again. Although given how cheap it was to actually borrow the money in the first place it'd be silly to throw it away). I'd probably just use the wife's Juke until she got bored with me doing that

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
So i'm not reading 8 pages but.....
Has the actual alloys been checked (properly) for any cracks?
Has the tyre been completely taken off and made sure there is no corrosion or anything where the tyre sits on it?
Has it had a new valve put in (again properly)?
Has a new tyre been fitted?
Is it an old tyre?

I seriously can't understand why it would take any decent tyre garage any more than half an hour to find the issue.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
So i'm not reading 8 pages but.....
Has the actual alloys been checked (properly) for any cracks?
Has the tyre been completely taken off and made sure there is no corrosion or anything where the tyre sits on it?
Has it had a new valve put in (again properly)?
Has a new tyre been fitted?
Is it an old tyre?

I seriously can't understand why it would take any decent tyre garage any more than half an hour to find the issue.
Problem does appear to be resolved after getting the wheels refurbed, so either corrosion was the fault or just the curbing damage.

The tyres aren't old, either last year or year before, and still with 4-5mm all round