ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Considering a MacBook

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Joy... My 2nd new MBP in 2 months now has a temperature sensor fault (Memory module A1) So even though my CPU is at 35deg the fans run at 6000rpm and somehow the kernel_task process takes up 80% of my CPU while it happens. Seems intermittent though, if i reboot the fault stays. If i turn off and switch back on it clears itself.

Last edited:

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Oh the joys...... Booked into the Genius Bar on Saturday and I will be asking for new one. It was brand new on the 26th of October.

ScreenShot2011-11-17at143018.png

ScreenShot2011-11-17at102708.png

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I got a replacement after having a few words with the manager at the Arndale Centre. They wanted to send a three week old Macbook for a new logic board and a 48hr load test, no chance.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I got a replacement after having a few words with the manager at the Arndale Centre. They wanted to send a three week old Macbook for a new logic board and a 48hr load test, no chance.

Good that you got a new one. Was that an actual Apple store?

Im stuck on what Mac to get now! I really want the 11" Air, but my head says I should go for the 13" air or pro!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Im stuck on what Mac to get now! I really want the 11" Air, but my head says I should go for the 13" air or pro!

Go with the 13" Air mate. They do get expensive if you want the biggest SSD (256Gb) and the best processor but its worth it.

Since getting our Air, my old Pro doesnt get a look in.

Bus w**ker
Don't think 'Pro' models were included in last years Black Friday sales, but I'd still hold out till then just incase. It's only a couple of days and could save you ~£100 if they are included.

Bus w**ker
If the leaked images are true then the MacBook Pro is going to be included in the sale this year. $101 discount in the states, no clue over here but I'd guess around the same in pounds.