ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colour Coding 5dr Silver 1.2

Hi guys, I'm looking into colour coding my bump strips, wing mirror covers, bumpers and spoiler on my 5dr 1.2 - I want to be able to 'reset' my Clio when I sell her so that she looks just like she did when I got her, so, I was thinking of buying all of the parts that I want to colour code (be it from a scrap yard or whatever) and then getting those parts sprayed and fitted

Does that sound like a really stupid idea? I'm just weary that when I sell the car I want it to be factory original and also, it saves having to spend a hell of a lot of time taking the car apart bit by bit, getting parts sprayed and then putting it all back together when I can just take everything into the spay shop, get it all colour coded and then fit it bit by bit

I am also obviously looking around for parts that are already the right colour code to save the hassle (and money) of unnecessary spraying

What do you guys think?

Mx5
All the bits that you want to colour code are removable. So you could just get them colour coded. Then when it came to selling you get the black plastics from a scrapyard rather than the entire front and rear bumper and refit them

All the bits that you want to colour code are removable. So you could just get them colour coded. Then when it came to selling you get the black plastics from a scrapyard rather than the entire front and rear bumper and refit them

I know that but with work and stuff it'd make my life easier if I could just get it all sprayed, collected and then fit it in my own time rather than having to have bits missing, does that makes sense? (Question, not sarcasm lol) It is a good point though that I could just get the bits after, I just don't want to have to waste one of my days off at the spray shop waiting for it to be painted and then dry etc.

When you say removable, does that mean that even the bits that are currently black on my bumper are removable without having to remove the bumper itself?

Thanks for the reply by the way :)

Mx5
Ah okay I see what you mean I think. Buy a spare set of bumpers/plastics > get the spare set sprayed then you can fit when you want without having the car in bits? That does make sense to be fair. Yeah I think you can remove the black plastic off of the bumper I'll check for you though as my rear bumper is in the shed.

Ah okay I see what you mean I think. Buy a spare set of bumpers/plastics > get the spare set sprayed then you can fit when you want without having the car in bits? That does make sense to be fair. Yeah I think you can remove the black plastic off of the bumper I'll check for you though as my rear bumper is in the shed.

That is exactly what I mean and exactly the reason! :) So glad you got that! :)

And thank you VERY much! You're a great help :)

Mx5
haha no worries mate! And yeah as jackdanielsmom says you can remove the plastics off the front/rear bumper they are just clipped in abit like the upper grill is

Yeah you can remove the plastic from the rear bumper, easiest with the bumper off ass you can unclip it from behind :)

haha no worries mate! And yeah as jackdanielsmom says you can remove the plastics off the front/rear bumper they are just clipped in abit like the upper grill is

Cheers guys! Thank you very much! :)

Out of interest, would you guys happen to know how easy it is to remove the front diamond, would you? :)

Cheers guys! Thank you very much! :)

Out of interest, would you guys happen to know how easy it is to remove the front diamond, would you? :)

iirc there's afew torx screws holding it in place. take your upper grill off and have a look behind the diamond, you might be able to undo them without taking the bumper off, not sure though mate!

Mx5
yeah two torx screws holding it in did it the other day with the bumper off not sure it would be possible without removing though