ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cold Heaters!

Ive had the car now for over 8 months and Ive always just thought that renault heaters dont get warm! However, now its winter its freezing and it takes ages to get any mist off the window, so does anyone know what the fault might be and how to fix it?

Cheers Danny

Same for me, I have to leave the car to warm up and to allow the windscreen to clear, usually about 10 mins.

I do have to keep an eye on the car, wouldnt want anyone driving off!

yer mate, Ive got exactly the same problem my mates gonna try and sort it out on the weekend but I just wondered if anyone knew how to solve it?

If he fixes it then Ill pm you telling you how to do it mate!

Danny

ben, yer my mates gonna help me try the heater flush this weekend but if not then I dont know, gonna have to try and sort it for winter!

Also has anyone else had any water dripping from the plastic box where your central locking is?

When its raining quite heavy it leacks a little?

Danny

Focus ST

Quote: Originally posted by james24785 on 18 December 2003

wot about thermostat?
Could be thermostat. My thermostat went and it took the heater to ages to get warm, you can tell if this is the problem because your water temp gauge stays rock bottom for a good while after start-up, and itll always run cold in the winter. Quite an easy job to fix.

Renault Laguna Sports

Flushing is only a temporary fix, only way is to replace the matrix.

dannyt, doyou mean the interior light area when you say about your water leak. if so then it is prob. the aerial that wants sealing.

think these are the two most common problems on the clios, like sed try the mtrix flush worked for me. I hear there is 2 causes of wter from there either it comes in sunroof so new seal for that or comes in ariel that was were mine ws from i put new rubber washer nd silicon sealent on it. hope it helps

So if I replace the seal around the sunroof and arial then that might solve the problem of it leaking and with the heater then I probable need to replace the matrix if the flush doesnt work?

I had a look at it on the weekend and all the water pipes seemed to feel hard and possibly even a little blocked, could these be causing any problems?

It looks like Im going to have a fun time over chrimbo anyway!!!;)

cheers for all the info lads, oh and smokey, where did u get your matirx from again?

Danny

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

if your cooling systems dirty you need to clean it out before fitting the new matrix otherwise it will block it back up again.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by dannyt on 26 December 2003

Jay - how do I clean it out and what do I need, cos Id prefer to try and do it myself?

Cheers Danny
run some coolant flush through it first then blast a hose pipe up your hoses,radiator and block to dislodge any dirt.

All the Rens ive driven have had fantastic heaters thatd make you puke, they get that hot.

My old 19 Energy was brilliant.