ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ClioSport Festival 2024 *Save The Date*

What track configurations would you prefer?

• Club Circuit (0.8 miles) Afternoon session

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Can I buy all of the tickets and resell then at a premium?
My benefits are struggling to cover my outgoings

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Some slightly bad news :cry: I've been looking in to the cost of allowing folk to drive one of our race cars... the insurance is astronomical to the point that we'd have to either...

A. Rely on backing from one of our sponsors to make it viable.
or B. Pass costs on to those wanting to drive which would increase costs to the point that folk would be looking at £250 for 15 mins in the car. 🤮😅

Neither situation works tbf so after a brief chat with @Sunglasses_Ron it's just not feasible.

That said, if I could make it so that we had 1 race car available for hot laps and a little something something with close to 500BHP that is an absolute track weapon (believe me, it even scares the sh*t out of me) would folk be good with that?

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Some slightly bad news :cry: I've been looking in to the cost of allowing folk to drive one of our race cars... the insurance is astronomical to the point that we'd have to either...

A. Rely on backing from one of our sponsors to make it viable.
or B. Pass costs on to those wanting to drive which would increase costs to the point that folk would be looking at £250 for 15 mins in the car. 🤮😅

Neither situation works tbf so after a brief chat with @Sunglasses_Ron it's just not feasible.

That said, if I could make it so that we had 1 race car available for hot laps and a little something something with close to 500BHP that is an absolute track weapon (believe me, it even scares the sh*t out of me) would folk be good with that?
In all fairness, you'll be flat out all day again no doubt raising money for charity on the passenger laps and giving people a proper experience of the car as it should be driven. So might not be a bad thing although it would have been nice to have a go in it.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
In all fairness, you'll be flat out all day again no doubt raising money for charity on the passenger laps and giving people a proper experience of the car as it should be driven. So might not be a bad thing although it would have been nice to have a go in it.

Appreciate that mate, not one to let folks down and the last thing I want is costs getting silly for forum members.

I think we'll have to stick to last years plan but with the added bonus of a monster machine for the extra bonus factor 👍