ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSF23 ClioSport Festival 2023 - Book Tickets Now!

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
105db is good. The two im taking are around 100-102db on the static so getting up there. Turbo so driveby db is no where near as loud as some n/a..

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Loud for turbo cars that 😅

Manifold --> turbo --> straight pipe?
Both got silencers that dont do a lot. Extra van got black flagged at Donington for apparently 98.5db on driveby😅 Croft also reckon i triggered the driveby on a sighting lap a couple of years ago and retested me. Never got pulled in again was bizarre.

My old gtt with no silencers at all done 104db @4500rpm at cadwell. Even i was shocked😅

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Both got silencers that dont do a lot. Extra van got black flagged at Donington for apparently 98.5db on driveby😅 Croft also reckon i triggered the driveby on a sighting lap a couple of years ago and retested me. Never got pulled in again was bizarre.

My old gtt with no silencers at all done 104db @4500rpm at cadwell. Even i was shocked😅

You should be fine mate, like @Ph1 Tom says you've got to be stupidly loud to have an issue.
The circuit is so far from anything else that they're pretty tolerant with the noise 😅

chazza114

ClioSport Club Member
Out with the old AD08RS's, in with the 'new' (part-worn) Giti GTR2's! I know a few people on here have ran these before, I'm excited to see how they do!

IMG_9411.jpeg

Hopefully the forecast doesn't get any worse than it is already for the Saturday, otherwise I'll be bringing the Saab instead for the laughs :LOL:

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Out with the old AD08RS's, in with the 'new' (part-worn) Giti GTR2's! I know a few people on here have ran these before, I'm excited to see how they do!

View attachment 1657297

Hopefully the forecast doesn't get any worse than it is already for the Saturday, otherwise I'll be bringing the Saab instead for the laughs :LOL:
Thanks for making me check the weather, now I'm quite miserable.

200.gif

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
The only slicks on mine will be in my pants if its wet!

If its anywhere near as tail happy as last year my advice would be - don't go for the mid bend, round the outside overtake of the blue mini 😂
Yeah definitely don't do any driving near Rob

Last year I was behind him just f**king wetting myself. It was basically this scene🤣🤣

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
The only slicks on mine will be in my pants if its wet!

If its anywhere near as tail happy as last year my advice would be - don't go for the mid bend, round the outside overtake of the blue mini 😂

Hope no one tries overtaking mid corner to be fair, it kicks in race mode for me 😂
Though tbf, that was funny as to see so...I hope it's as tail happy. Sorry, not sorry 🤣

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
For the trackday participants, is there any online briefing we have to complete beforehand or is it all taken care of in a briefing on the day?
On the day, the briefings are good, normally held in the cafe and then sighting laps.

With it being a split circuit day they have sighting laps for both circuits, one in the AM and then the next for the PM session.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
On the day, the briefings are good, normally held in the cafe and then sighting laps.

With it being a split circuit day they have sighting laps for both circuits, one in the AM and then the next for the PM session.
What are the two circuit layouts called? I'd like to watch some younoob videos to see where I'm likely to spin wildly out of control.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
View attachment 1657365

This is where I regret whatever brake pad/tyre choice I have made this year I suspect.

Good news is the tyres and pads are the same as last year 🤦‍♂️

Either there or out of Church (3) all the way to Rocket In (6) is flat out, top of 4th in a Clio so 105-110mph ish iirc.

Then there's a bit of run off on the grass then the embankment into oncoming traffic exiting turn 7 (I've seen it happen) 😂

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Gutted I can't drive this track, the Clio hasn't worked properly for over two years and the Golf can barely handle normal road driving without falling apart, if I took it on track i'd be taking whatever's left home in a skip.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Either there or out of Church (3) all the way to Rocket In (6) is flat out, top of 4th in a Clio so 105-110mph ish iirc.

Then there's a bit of run off on the grass then the embankment into oncoming traffic exiting turn 7 (I've seen it happen) 😂
You going James?

I'm going to see if my 2118's fit the mini tomorrow, they are on some utterly dogshit but nearly new Hankook Ventus V12's which should serve as ok wets as long as they fit over the mini brakes... better in the wet than the year old half worn NS2R's I would think anyway.

Bought spare set of pads. Genuinely think it was cheaper last year to just buy a car and send it. This year I've bought a f**king RR to tow the mini, a tent, loads of other shite. Utter bellend I am.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
You going James?

I'm going to see if my 2118's fit the mini tomorrow, they are on some utterly dogshit but nearly new Hankook Ventus V12's which should serve as ok wets as long as they fit over the mini brakes... better in the wet than the year old half worn NS2R's I would think anyway.

Bought spare set of pads. Genuinely think it was cheaper last year to just buy a car and send it. This year I've bought a f**king RR to tow the mini, a tent, loads of other shite. Utter bellend I am.
My 2118s fit over 280mm Brembos so you should be fine son

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
You going James?

I am, looking forward to catching up with everyone. Not been for a few years.

Yeah should be fine on road tyres especially if it's damp.