ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSF22 ClioSport Festival 2022 - Book Tickets Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Your mates all looked like they would have a forum username Lou. Minecraft forum or something.

But yes, I very nearly asked him if he was on CS 😂😂😂 I told him about all the men and Clio's in a field and he said he would check it out.

New member commission incoming.
Then he reads how we all talk to each other and thinks 'f*ck this place they're all pricks'!

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
It was f***ing delicious but I really didn't expect that much of it :(

Tyres, it was the tyres, not me, no, no no, no no no, of course not, the tyres...bad tyres, not good, no front end.
I must admit mate, I was more scared in your car than anyone else's, those tyres were sketchy as f*ck in the heat, thank god for 50/50 weight distribution, the driver was ok too. 😉

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
When I stopped using the RAC they bombarded me with phone calls and texts constantly, i'd get a minimum of three texts a day and at least one phone call a day for well over a month, in the end I had to threaten them with the ombudsman and legal action for harassment to get them to stop, f*cking terrible company.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Well, that was an absolute belter of a weekend! I just wish I could have spent the entirety of it with you guys and gals.

(Apologies in advance if I miss/forget your name - I was so fortunate to speak to so many kind, genuine and funny people during my time there on Saturday! I'm also getting a bit old now and my memory isn't what it used to be!)

Firstly, a MASSIVE thanks to the CSF event team/task force who work tirelessly behind the scenes to make this happen and who help ensure that it all runs smoothly from start to finish. I really can't thank you enough, this year's CSF was exceptional. @Nik @Kirsty @Brian @Owen @Sunglasses_Ron @Daniel - and everyone else involved. Credit and thanks to you all. I've no idea how you are going to top it next year... And yes, Owen is one of the most humble and pleasant gentlemen I've ever had the good fortune of meeting. :) Daniel is just epic. Fact.

Secondly, I'd like to thank those of you who took time out of your day to chat cars, life, work, GT4RS, sandals and lottery tickets, and whatever else. As said, apologies if I forget to mention you but, hand on heart, I enjoyed chatting/meeting you - even if only briefly. Where to start...

@Cub. - thanks for your time and chatting throughout the day, sir. A pleasure as it always is and that fan was a stroke of genius. And that Alfa is something else! Thanks for the passenger ride - it's a beast and makes a lovely noise (well, it did when I could hear it above my girly giggles). Thanks for jumping into the GT4 and joining me for a local B-road blast as well. I hope that gave you a little taster as to why I absolutely love the thing!

@Stefan. @Ash J - gentlemen, enjoyed spending large parts of the day just idly chatting with you both. Thanks for making an old man feel welcome and I hope we can do it again sometime! :)

@Filters - luff you man, catch you soon. Sorry I didn't get more time to chat with you and Em but we can soon remedy that. :)

@DaveDreads - I don't have the words... honestly, you're a star mate. Always happy to spend time chatting with you and thanks for reciprocating. (y)

@Flat Eric - Chris, always good to catch up with you and your lovely wife, Jess. Thanks for hopping in the GT4 and joining me for a leisurely spin on the local roads. :)

@Sash @LY_Kimmy_182 - ladies, great to see and chat with you - thanks for your time. Sash, I can do you the clutch pack for a grand and I know a mate of a mate of a bruv who is good with Renault diesel mappin'. I can pass on his deets. Kim - the LY looked stunning as always. Incredible. :)

@MarkCup - Cayman fwend! After enjoying your videos and posts for many years, it was great to finally meet and chat with you. A genuine pleasure, sir - thank you. Absolutely love the Cayman, too. I do hope that I will get an opportunity to jump into the passenger seat with you at some point. I know you hate it... but your videos make for great viewing mate. Seriously! :)

@GiT - absolutely honoured you took time from your lottery-funded holiday to turn up in your lottery-funded GR Yaris. ;) Great meeting you mate!

@Gus - good to see you mate, and loving the Porker Turbo! Get it washed quickly before those marks get etched into the lovely paintwork!

@Sir_Dave - it had been a few years but, regardless, really good to see you again! Llandow seems such a long time ago. Probably because it was. I'll be in touch about that 300k I need for the new car! :LOL: All the best fella!

@Danith - loved the MX5 mate and you looked really at home in it out on track. Just shows that a well-pedalled car doesn't need loads of power to be fun and enjoyable. I hope the merch is ok! :LOL:

@Waitey - Cobra. Epic. Top gent. Great to meet you and see that awesome machine, thanks for bringing it along. (y)

@RMDavis - thanks for introducing yourself and taking time to chat fella, a pleasure to meet you. The VRS looks fantastic and I was sorry to hear about the coolant pipe split. I hope we get an opportunity to chat more again at some point down the line. All the best mate!

(I think I might have to speed this up a bit as I had intended to keep this short and sweet...)

@Touring_Rob @Clio_fool @Yorkshire Pudding @dann2707 @Daz... @Coops Mk1 @Jekyll @The Crop Duster @Jonnio - gentlemen, a pleasure to meet you and thanks for the entertainment and/or conversation - no matter how brief it may have been. I just hope you enjoyed the weekend (or day) as much as I did and I look forward to doing it again next year. Hopefully for the whole weekend though!

You know what? I think I'll leave it there. :LOL: I've already been typing for far too long! I know there are good people who I met and have forgotten to mention; to you good folks... I apologise and promise to do better next year.

On a serious note, I would like to say a final thanks once again to those who offered such kind words and support given the somewhat difficult times I'm going through at the moment (and have done for the last handful of months). It's hard to express just how beneficial your time, conversation and, indeed, a weekend event like this, have been for me mentally. I have never known such a genuine and strong club/group as this where, underneath all the jibes and banter, there exists a compassionate and caring membership who are happy to help out a fellow member. Bloody legends! The lot of ya! ❤️

(The bidding is now around the £290k mark, I'm definitely out - FML).

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Did anyone lose a phone at Blyton?

One has been found in an area likely to be from one of our attendees and the organisers are trying to locate the owner.

PM me if it is yours or know who it might belong to.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
If they don't claim it can we give it a new home with @DaveDreads? 😂

Did anyone lose a phone at Blyton?

One has been found in an area likely to be from one of our attendees and the organisers are trying to locate the owner.

PM me if it is yours or know who it might belong to.

Errrr you joke, but I’m pretty certain it is @DaveDreads phone. He lost it just as I was leaving the night time festivities at 1am…..

I left as he was stumbling around cursing and looking for it all over the place 😂😂

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Great day out, thanks to the admins for organising.
Don't think I met anyone really as I'm too much of a socially awkward c*nt and disappear into my shell at the slightest possibility, just pottered around with my cooler covered in lemons.
I think I shook hands with someone called Mark though.

+1 for the grump cafe ladies too, think I've had better service from a bus driver when I've given him a tenner for a £1 fair.

I've already promised myself next year I'll camp to get myself more involved (regret not doing so this year tbh) and look to get the 200 on track, there's really no reason why I shouldn't!

Gg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Massive thank you to all of the admin and anyone who had hands on putting this event on. We will be back. I didn’t personally get to speak to many people and felt a bit antisocial as a result. I’ve posted on here about my health not being tip top so things like this are always a stretch for me, come Saturday night I was gubbed but had the best of times

Great to put some faces to names and chat to who I did speak to.

Huge thanks to @R29TJR for the good craic in the pits and the run out in that spectacular caterham!
And a huge thanks to the lad (sorry I forgot your name) that works at blyton with the track 172 cup that showed me round the track for some laps and all the tips plus showing me round the ginettas!
Apologies to anyone I held up on track or didn’t get out the way of in time. Taking it on track really exposed to me how much of a road car it is. Was a handful to try and drive as quick as some of the other clios. But I had an absolute blast and made all the better that both van and car made it back in one piece! Was well worth the journey.
View attachment 1603099

My bro and I have decided we both want modified vans after seeing this and @Brigsy one. What have you done to that one? Looks ace

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
My bro and I have decided we both want modified vans after seeing this and @Brigsy one. What have you done to that one? Looks ace
Thanks, they are just so handy for throwing stuff in the back.
I’ve got a thread here: https://cliosport.net/threads/kangoo-sport-dci-85-daily-day-van.841247/

Mostly some modified suspension and wheels on mine and raided the Renault parts bin for interior parts.
Mine is a kangoo “sport” model so quite rare in the fact it comes with the colour coded bumpers etc. the best bit is it cruised down to CSF at 50mpg with the back absolutely rammed with spares/tools and camping gear!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I must admit mate, I was more scared in your car than anyone else's, those tyres were sketchy as f*ck in the heat, thank god for 50/50 weight distribution, the driver was ok too. 😉
Was that the blue Porsche? That looked like it had been robbed and was flying around being filmed by Police camera action :ROFLMAO:

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Good Morning all,

Just to echo a number of previous posts to thank anyone who had any input to the event. Everything was perfect and I had a great day.

I'm awful at remembering names but a thanks to @Mcaff for the entertainment in the pits and thanks for the laps. Also great to meet @Touring_Rob and others, who's names I forget.

Thanks again.

Tom

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Good Morning all,

Just to echo a number of previous posts to thank anyone who had any input to the event. Everything was perfect and I had a great day.

I'm awful at remembering names but a thanks to @Mcaff for the entertainment in the pits and thanks for the laps. Also great to meet @Touring_Rob and others, who's names I forget.

Thanks again.

Tom

Thanks for the laps at the end of the day chap! Mostly loitering with myself, @Sir_Dave and Rob in the shade! I saw a big group of Westfields out in the peaks yesterday further affirming my need for a Seven!!!!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
So as has been said by many already, thanks for the admins/mods for putting on a great event.

Like most, i came alone and was concerned that i'd wander around by myself, being fairly socially awkward as normal.

Thankfully after about 5 minutes of being there, i met @JB21 (mainly as i'd plonked my tent/car pretty much on top of his lol) and his mate, who were massively welcoming!! Then @Panda. appeared and we went off in search of other virgins. @Touring_Rob appeared and naturally as a mini fwend, we got on fantastically. @R29TJR was also floating about our little "shaded" parking area with his lovely Caterham, which was also a highlight!

As mentioned by @Yorkshire Pudding on another thread, i took the MIni on track, all 140bhp of it. M3 wasnt finished in time, as is always the way with these things, but i wasnt going to miss out on my first tracktime in 4 years!! Last time was my Boxster S at Goodwood haha ... spent most of my time getting out the way of people (barring the 1st lap where i forgot it was overtaking on the right, sorry!!) and being very gentle on my (standard) brakes and fluid. Car was good fun though, typicaly mini, decent chassis, plenty of untapped potential ... although it simply refused any lift off oversteer unfortunately.

After that i met various people, & like most on here, i've known you for years online (been on CS since 2004), but either not met, or briefly seen before, so some decent chats with @Daniel @Cub. (car is mega, thanks for the hoon), @Owen @Sunglasses_Ron @Ol’ Tarby! @Cads @Waitey @MarkCup @SharkyUK @Gavin. @Stefan. @Ash J @Sash @DaveDreads @Flat Eric ... then around the northerner firepit with i think @DavidDave @dann2707 and a few others ... dunno who im afraid, it was dark and no name badges :ROFLMAO:

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Well that was a good one. I got to chat to loads of folk I've met at CSF in previous years and it's always great to catch up with them as it's the only time we ever come face to face. You know who you are👍.

I also managed to chat to lots of new faces, @Sash @Touring_Rob @The Crop Duster @DavidDave @Stefan. @Ash J @Cub. and others my mashed up brain can't remember it was great to meet you and to chat as though we've been mates for ever. And that's what so bloody good about this gathering, no matter where you come from your always made super welcome at csf.

Just like every year thanks and appreciation go to the admin team for all the hard work that goes into organising the weekend👏. I know you're not seen much on the forum but you're always there, so thanks it really a fantastic job you do 👍.

And finally to my dysfunctional csf family, wtf happened Saturday night? 😂 It was a great weekend gents and I can't wait for the next one. Special mention to @Gus who's the nicest guy you could meet, that car is something else thanks for taking me for a little spin mate👍. Next csf we want to see that BG though!

Clio
Dont post much on fourms, was there for the trackday all day saturday and what a atmosphere and vibe there was going around, was just abit warm out in the car 😂
Thank you to all that was involved in making this happen, see you all again next year 🤞

Attachments

• 20220716_094446.jpg
    20220716_094446.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 37
Status
Not open for further replies.