ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ClioSport Annual 'Social' Event 2006

Which social event would you prefer?

• Evening - food, drink and entertainment

Votes: 81 44.0%
  • Day - entertainment, traders and cars

Votes: 103 56.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
  Mk1 MX-5 next summer
If u want a strip aswell as alot of land fields etc. This is for the organiser. See if you can contact Long Marston air field. It hosts things like Global gatherin so has lots of space and there is a quarter mile strip. lus its in Stratford upon Avon (WARKS) centre of England. Perfect as long as it ent too expensive.

Octavia VRS
I think we should get a big circle of people going around a camp fire so that everyone can introduce themselves ;) lol...or it will just be like FCS where people hang about with others from their own regions imo

_Kenny_ said:
I think we should get a big circle of people going around a camp fire so that everyone can introduce themselves ;) lol...or it will just be like FCS where people hang about with others from their own regions imo

^^^^^^^^true:eek:

Lionel Richie
kullycliosport said:
there will be speed drinkin pint-0 in 4sec
best beer show ...?
:cheers: :drunk:

no light weight "cup" glasses allowed, oh and no phs-quick glasses either

only full fat original pints

Maz

LY 200
Looking at the way the vote has gone there won't be any partying as it was out voted, Day - entertainment, traders and cars seems to be winning :)

Focus ST
FredYozzasport said:
beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

erm any ideas on location??? i can probably pull a few strings for a full 3 course sit down meal in a flash pub for reasonable ££ (anywhere in the midlands pretty much)

Sounds good.

There are enough events/trade/racing meets per year anyway. Something different is in order. Take over another hotel as we did for FCS. :approve:

Lee

BMW M2C
I don't get why people are voting for a car event when they can't be bothered to turn out for Donny South or Trax this year!!

Maz

LY 200
P!ss up is needed, I will have done 2 out of the 3 shows organised by the club and would like this to be a chill and get sloshed with some fellow cs'ers event but I guess the one with the most votes wins ?? :)

Lee said:
I don't get why people are voting for a car event when they can't be bothered to turn out for Donny South or Trax this year!!
Plus ya can go to any other car event around the country and it'll be exactly the same as the last one ya went to. Won't last long with it just being clios from the club lol maybe 300 or so almost identical clios lined up? Oooh exciting :p

Piss up or something is needed

Lee

BMW M2C
If you all buy me free drinks I'll rig the vote when no one is looking.;)

Maz, you don't need to buy me drinks, you can find another method.;)

182cup & 172 racecar
why not try a well organised Treasure Hunt? always good fun, and gives us all a chance to stay in our cars!! Food and beer after? Apart from that, I'm up for any organised event, sounds a great idea.

Lee said:
If you all buy me free drinks I'll rig the vote when no one is looking.;)

Maz, you don't need to buy me drinks, you can find another method.;)

lol.........y would we need to buy you free drinks if there free..........:rasp:

Mk2 172 (Silver)
Exactly patty!!
Its hard to please everyone, so a combination of both is being looked into.

At the moment it looks like a karting event during the afternoon and then moving on to somewhere else for some social time, food and drink in the evening.

I'm just looking into locations. And before I get lots of messages saying it needs to be at particular venues. It will be in the midlands region so those at either ends of the country can also make it, hopefully!!

Once everything is confirmed I will need to take money to guarantee places, so make sure it's ready soon!! No money means no place!!! :D

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Just an idea but if you have a night do,then why not split the tables up into regions,stick a board up near the entrance with a pic of each of us with CS member name(and possibly christian name too) next to it within their region,that way people can find each other easier and once the food is finished,time to mingle(or abuse the bar in my case).Im sure theres a lot of people on here who have never met but know each other pretty well already.That way,you can find people a lot easier.I used to do these things when i used to race jetskis and it worked pretty well.You find that as the night goes on and the drink starts flowing,everyone introduces themselves easier as you know who you are approaching.

Just a thought.(may be a pants idea but worth a try)...:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.