ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ClioSport Annual 'Social' Event 2006

Which social event would you prefer?

• Evening - food, drink and entertainment

Votes: 81 44.0%
  • Day - entertainment, traders and cars

Votes: 103 56.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
  Mk2 172 (Silver)
I'm currently looking into sorting an event for ClioSport Members later on in the year, about November time.

To get an idea of what is preferred please vote on the choices...

Would you rather have:
Evening: an evening slightly formal social event with food, music, drink etc or
Day: a day event with music, entertainment, traders and get our cars involved.

This will need a good amount of interest to take off and make possible, so please post if your interested below.

Any questions or further ideas please mail them to: emma@cliosport.net

Thank you!!
Em

Lee

BMW M2C
jon_r said:
Cliosport trackday followed by a social event in the evening would be nice Em!

The problem with a track day is that only a few members do track days. The rest wouldn't have much to do other than watch.

BMW 320d SE
We could have a track day type thing exclusively for members, followed by an evening event. Members could have the option of paying the full price for both parts, or a cheaper ticket enabling them just to attend in the evening. This means those that aren't interested in a track day, still have the evening do to come to, but aren't paying for something they're not getting.

Civic Vtec y0
A full day thing would be really good, something like a track day or paintballing on during the day and then a night time thing with entertainment etc. As mentioned b4 tho not 2 far south 4 us scottish ones lol!

106 GTi
May as well make a day of it, something car related in the day and a meal in the evening.

Ziel Nurburgring
How about tagging it to an RS organised track day? People who want to do the day can do or just spectate, then off to the bar for a few beers?

172, Tiguan
Lee said:
The problem with a track day is that only a few members do track days. The rest wouldn't have much to do other than watch.

We don't care, we'd be on track ;)

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Ok i just clicked the wrong choice!! DUH, i ment to select evening!

Id prefer a day event followed by an evening.. but if i have to pick one over the other.. any excuse to get pissed ;)

Eurofest at Castle Combe in September maybe? Could be a good day then people could go to Cepen Park just up the road for a meal/drinks at Brewers Fayre. Did mention this in the Club Forum but nobody ever replied.

Only issue is I don't know if it clashes with Renaultsport World Series, have they announced dates yet?

Golf GTI 1.8T
You knows I'm there!!!

Daytime track day sorta thing would be coolio:cool:

anything under a couple of hundred for the whole day should be fine for me, and maybe I'll stay someone for a piss up afterwards or something.

bit of both like Paul said would be great!! :D

Golf GTI 1.8T
actually I've just changed my mind, someone where we could all go, stay quite cheapy, have a big piss up with good entertainment for the evening would be excellent!!

anyone on here got a band.....?

Impreza P1
:D I say as long as theres a track, lots of cars and beers after everyone is gonna be as happy as Pigs in Poo,

Definatly count me in wat ever the event.

Lionel Richie
beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

erm any ideas on location??? i can probably pull a few strings for a full 3 course sit down meal in a flash pub for reasonable ££ (anywhere in the midlands pretty much)

Mk2 172 (Silver)
Few answers....
Making an option for either or don't mind could be done but doesn't give a clear indication...liklihood is everyone could tick that, I sort out one and then people aren't bothered as they then turn round and say they'd have preferred the other option.
Keeping it specific gives me a better idea of whats wanted and more chance of pleasing the majority!!

Tagging it onto other events like a RenaultSport trackday or an event at a race circuit are nice ideas but kind of take away the emphasis on a ClioSport event. The clue being in the title...Social!
Are people saying they will pay out for a trackday, then go on and pay for beers and food later on in the evening? And if beers are invloved then it generally means paying for accommodation too. It could end up being expensive! Or people would come for the trackday and then not the social part, which is the whole point of this event!! :S

And before I get comments trackdays aren't social events..this was an idea for a SOCIAL event, something a bit different for members, not an event that a great deal of members will be doing throughout the year regardless.

Megane Mk4
The only flaw to this would be where it is to be held and how much travel people have, I'm interested in the gathering but it is a case of where its based. I like the idea of a full Uk ClioSport Meet.

Andi

Golf GTI 1.8T
yeh defo the same as r-jay has said. If we could have somewhere to go in the eve, then areas can have mini meets in the day then convoy to the event later on. :)

Mk2 172 (Silver)
M1TCH said:
yeh defo the same as r-jay has said. If we could have somewhere to go in the eve, then areas can have mini meets in the day then convoy to the event later on. :)

again...the idea is to get EVERYONE together as a CLUB, hopefully people are attending regional events throughout the year...this is different in the fact it's a one off event in the year for ALL MEMBERS to get together in one place and have a damn good time!!!!

Wicked idea!

its a Social Event, so i think car's shouldnt be included... events like this usually include copious amounts of alcohol anyway so nobody can drive home etc...

I say find a place in the middle for everyone and we can all book hotels etc :D

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Trackday is gonna cost upwards of £100 - so that probly rules out a lot of people. I'd just make it a meet somewhere theh maybe hire somewhere - beers and a meal?

Golf GTI 1.8T
Pootle said:
again...the idea is to get EVERYONE together as a CLUB, hopefully people are attending regional events throughout the year...this is different in the fact it's a one off event in the year for ALL MEMBERS to get together in one place and have a damn good time!!!!
what do you mean 'again'?

I was only saying we - as in area reps, can arrange convoys to the event

you expect everyone to travel there on their own:S

Mk2 172 (Silver)
Apologies M1tch I was reading the thread in a hurry and misread your post. :eek: If it's an evening event and people wanted to meet during the day first, I agree thats a good idea! :D

If people want driving of some sort, what about the cheaper version and do karting during the day and then an evening event??

As for locations and venues I've got a few central in the country so it's fair to those either end of the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.