ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio's just boiled/dumped itself :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Maybe but if your giving information at least get it right.

Around £100 means to me £90 maybe £110 ish.

Its no where near that. Jus saying.:D

Must say its a relief that they aren't doing the cambelt.

Full aux kit is £60 inc vat retail. I charge £265 for a 36k service, which includes: oil/filter/pollen/aux kit. A genuine pump and coolant will be no more than £100.

Just to give you an idea of what you should be paying.

Sorry people just been out for a meal and done some good old karting. Car is fixed and ready, just cant pick it up as its 20:27. Cam belts not been touched as he said it didnt need to be, the cars been ''winterised'' fluid and brakes and other s**t that i'll be checking myslef tomorrow. so i'll be picking it up fresh and frosty tomorrow morning to get home and fit the supersport.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Errrr, fingers crossed that everything is sorted and they haven't pulled your pants down on the price.

You're a bit touchy aren't you?

Kwikfit didn't charge anything, and no not really mate, I'm quite relaxed about it all tbf, just curious of why you said what you said, but all should be fine. I'm sure if I had the tools and time I could fit a water pump and aux belt but I have neither so..

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
i'm pretty sure Ron was just giving you his best wishes and good luck. nice way to throw it back in his face.

Not throwing anything at anyone pal, but from why I've heard from the last few pages was half sarcasm and genuine honesty. You just can't tell on these forums. I'd like to know how you can tell what my feelings are by text..

I was being genuinely sincere but I guess the stick you've taken in this thread has made you a little defensive.
Thanks mate, I was on the phone to the guy earlier and he said everything was fine, no knocking no nasty sounds, he said its a great little car, although a bit of a ball ache to work on due to the size if the engine in the bay, of which I can understand. Apparently they were picking bits of metal and bearing out of the bay for a while. I'm just glad I can get to work on Monday!

Brilliant.

All I need is a load of signatures and the thumbs up smiley and I'd think I was on a Corsa forum.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I wouldn't take all the comments on this thread to heart mate.

I honestly think people were genuinely trying to offer up their advice to help you out (when you thought your cambelt needed doing)

There's no doubt that many people have had nightmare experiences at KF's up and down the country. My cousin used to be a partner for KF and some of the nightmare stories he tells me would make you cringe.

I think it was a blessing that yours didn't need the cambelt doing on it as I could honestly see them trying to do the job without the correct tools.

Anyway, it seems it's all worked out ok so alls well that ends well as they say.

I wouldn't take all the comments on this thread to heart mate.

I honestly think people were genuinely trying to offer up their advice to help you out (when you thought your cambelt needed doing)

There's no doubt that many people have had nightmare experiences at KF's up and down the country. My cousin used to be a partner for KF and some of the nightmare stories he tells me would make you cringe.

I think it was a blessing that yours didn't need the cambelt doing on it as I could honestly see them trying to do the job without the correct tools.

Anyway, it seems it's all worked out ok so alls well that ends well as they say.

I didn't take anything to heart mate, I just though i'd let them get on with it. I did sound like a lot of people were moaning and I was the one laughing as at the end of the day it's my car and could of been my mistake. Upon talking to the guys at Kwikfit they were actually genuine guys and I can see upon arrival they treated the car like gold. I read some threads on here and people were saying the f4r sounds lumpy and horrible on tickover anyway so I got used to this, the car now is actually silent as before all I could hear was a cammy sort of engine noise on tick over. I can't comment on the cambelt situation as I was never done. The brakes were only done 10,000 miles ago with new pads and disks and got the receipts to prove, they did a service on the brakes, cleaned up the disks and pads and made sure they were doing as should and they do feel slightly better than before. I'm more than happy with the work they've done so smiles all round.

Now i'm having a hard time with the new exhaust as the stealth wont come away from the middle section :mad: I've been twisting and pulling all bleeding night so i've gave up and shoveled all the s**t in the boot for the morning. Anyone got a cutting tool for my rear bumper? :p

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Glad to hear you came out of it OK, the cambelt not being changed makes it a much less dangerous job but still cockup-able, so good to hear they got it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.