ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio172 Vs Civic Type R

hey im fed up of being blowen of by the same civic type r every day on the way down to my m8s and am wondering the best way to go about tuning my 172

VaVa

Decat, free flow exhaust, Grp N ECu, Viper/hillpower ind kit. Might see you close......

The cheapest way is to lose weight.... dump the spare... rear seats passenger seat.. beer belly etc etc ....

Quote: Originally posted by AndyT on 26 February 2004

hey im fed up of being blowen of by the same civic type r every day on the way down to my m8s and am wondering the best way to go about tuning my 172
How close is it?

so damn right

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 26 February 2004
Take him to a twisty road...Then c who wins. Driver skill all the way!

As above - take all other seats out / spare etc.. Cup lightness will then be yours!!!!

Put on a decent IK / exhaust and youll see him off.

i dont have the spare just a can of get you home foam and a compresser and i need to keep the rear seats or i would have bough a 3ltr v6 instead :(

there will always be another car quicker that yours accelerating.

Quote: Originally posted by AndyT on 26 February 2004
i dont have the spare just a can of get you home foam and a compresser and i need to keep the rear seats or i would have bough a 3ltr v6 instead :(

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

my cup keeps up with my mates type r.in fact off the line i beat him because he has to thrash the nuts off his type r to get the power out of it.my cup seems to be a lot better lower down the rev range than his type r is.

had a shot of a cup to night and i aint keen on it prefer mine just gona have to swap the seats for lighter seats chip viper cat and zaust see if that improves any

An average Cup is a fare bit faster than a 172, but with filter/exhaust/de-cat etc its seriously quick (low 14 secs car) Doing the above mods to your 172 will make it pretty quick, maybe stay with a standard stripped Cup up the strip.

True i think id rather have a supercharged 172 as no one has seem to have done it might do some research into it

Dont know if this means anything guys but I had and R type the other day!! I do have a couple of mods Viper and a chip but round my way was no probs at all with me Cup!!

Do something said above, but dont buy CTR, ppl say Renos have problems and they suck etc etc. But ive had CtR...traded it for family wagon and bought myself 9 year old Clio... and much less problems with old Reno. Been there, seen that.... and never again!