ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Widearch Volvo Turbo (B18FT) Mega Bass Project almost complete

Clio Widearch
Hi

I've had my Clio 1.4RT for about 10 years now. Due to other commitments it hasn't been out of the garage for 3 years but now its time to finish it off and get showing again.

Below is a link to some pics and vids of the car as she stands.

http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/cliogerbil/?action=view&current=DSCF0033.mp4

I have the volvo engine in there now. It was actually taken out of another Clio with the conversion already done. The snag is i dont know alot about engines to be honest. I hear the wiring is the hardest part of the conversion but this was already done and working so should be easy to sort with the right knowledge.

If anyone fancies lending a hand as to where the pipes and wiring loom fit i can sort the rest.

Thanks in advance for any help that you guys can provide.

Cheers

Russ

Clio Widearch
i started it when i was 19 and am nearly 30 now...so a fair while

I know styles have changed a lot in that time and it is going for some work in the bodyshop to bring it up to date once the engine is running

Trophy
this is going to get slated by 99% of the people who see this thread. You certainly have an acquired taste in cars!

Clio Widearch
it doesn't really matteron the power front. The conversion has basically been done as the alternator is in a good place on these engines for a dual setup which i need to power the sub amps. I think with the ECU mods 160-180 is easy enough. That would be fine to be honest

Megane 225 F1
My laptop hated that so much that when I clicked on the link, the screen went black and it buzzed at me.*

I'm sorry, I don't like it.

I like the wheels though.

Last edited:
  Clio Widearch
it also needs the extra poke to carry the weight of the car..which is 1.87 tonnes at the last count. The 1.4 lump was dying slowly

Clio Widearch
I dont believe the wheels are available now. They are Raceline RL-7's custom machined and painted in isuzu brass, I can understand why some dont like it...or should i say most but it is my baby still..lol

Any ideas if anybody here could give some pointers on the engine conversion?

PH1 172
I dont believe the wheels are available now. They are Raceline RL-7's custom machined and painted in isuzu brass, I can understand why some dont like it...or should i say most but it is my baby still..lol

Any ideas if anybody here could give some pointers on the engine conversion?

it'll be hard to give advice on the engine conversion without seeing the engine and the work required on it.. so is the engine in the car now but not running? or do you need to put the engine in?

Clio Widearch
holy
jesus
f**k

lol...its taken 3 grand worth of airbag suspension and strengthening by Rayvern Hydraulics just to cope with the weight as i kept snapping shocks. The rear shocks now go like \ instead of the standard / direction to spread the weight better.

Clio Widearch
it'll be hard to give advice on the engine conversion without seeing the engine and the work required on it.. so is the engine in the car now but not running? or do you need to put the engine in?

Hi.

The engine was running fine in the old clio (1.8 RSI) The engine and gearbox were bolted into the car by Hill Power. I have all the wiring loom and ECU's etc. All pipework is available. The FMIC is in place but no boost pipes as yet but some are available. It needs the wiring loom and ECU's putting back together, water pipes connecting, the driveshafts fitting and a clio 16v fuel pump which i have putting in the tank by dropping it out (unable to access from top now) Then it should run..Problem is i have no idea where anything goes

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
465dbf40.jpg

Abarth 500 Esseesse
A Clio that weighs almost 2 tonnes. A MK1 Clio that weighs almost 2 tonnes.

"f**k. s**t. Jesus".

"f**k, s**t, Jesus is right".

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Wow how times have changed, bit old skool, a few years back this would look cool but it's now completely out of date, you don't know what you're missing with such a heavy car, bin the sounds, hydraulics and bodykit then enjoy thrashing it around

Golf GTD Mk7
Not my cup of tea mate. Body kits are for teenage chavs really, but glad you like it ;). I would say It should be quick, but with that much weight it probably feels as fast as it did out the factory. Keep up the good work though :D

R26
Not too everyone's taste. But as long as your happy with it eh! At least you don't sound a complete t**t streetracer. Good luck with it all I say!

Listerine & Poledo
I'd expect a 19yr-old who's only got early-90's copies of Fast Car as reference to own this.

But someone in their 30's? YOu're not in line for a mid life crisis yet sir!

That spoiler alone must weigh 1/2 a tonne stationary, and probably no more than that once moving.

Sorry, but no, you're on the wrong forum fella.

Clio Widearch
If it helps my reputation in these parts i also have a Supra Mk4 twin turbo running around 490bhp. You may not like the look of that either though.

Does anybody have any info on these engines. wiring from the volvo lump to the car would be most helpful.

Cheers

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL! It's like being back in 1994!!

What a total mess. Have you ruined the Supra too? :dapprove:

Fair play for not spitting your dummy out in the face of criticism. I remember this car from shows/meets years ago. About the same time there was a light metallic blue mynheer kitted mk1 kicking about too. Not a fan either if I'm honest, advice on the old 1.8 RSI engine may be more easily found on one of the mk1 related sites like Clio Williams.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Oh he went there!

Ironic because those wheels are facking immense looking.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
His car will actually be slower after an engine conversion.

That's got to be a car forum first surely!