ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO TYPE R

Sunflower PH1
I'm looking for opinions please as i've had this idea for a while now,i'm going to fit a DC2 B18C6 engine and LSD gearbox to my mk3 clio,i have a very low mileage complete integra eng/box/loom etc etc from a 2000 integra type R and a 2004 1.2 16v dynamique and would like to combine the two.
I've owned and enjoyed quite a few hondas over the years and would like to combine the power and reliability with my love for clio's,i think the combination would be awesome,i'm sure it wont be the easiest conversion but i'm eager to get started in the next few weeks as i have most of what i'll need and will source the rest at the time,opinions please,thanks

ValverInBits
fair enough, It's a good idea. But I do think this section is for projects and not speculation.

Back on topic, have you done any measuring up? I can't see you having any space problems as iirc DC2 engines are not tall and i dont think the engine box combo is too long - but still, measurement required or the chassis legs are going to have to go.
Custom mounts and custom shafts are going to be fun. Notnormal Matt gave me the number of a place that do good custom shafts - PM me if you require
Best of luck.

and for reference, On this forum, your car is MK2 Phase 2
MK3 are the new ones ;)

Sunflower PH1
Mk2 ph2 fair enough,yes i've measured up and it appears to be fine for size between the legs etc,i'll remove the clio eng/box in the next week or two but it appears to fit fine with no real issues with the shell or subframe,the honda gearbox is on the o/s of the engine bay so the main top engine mount will be on the n/s of the shell which is not as strong as the o/s of the shell as standard,otherwise fabricating the mounts and shafts will be the majority of the mechanical side as the linkage is very similar on both.
My clio has elec power steering which i want to keep if possible as less to drive by belt,the honda exhaust comes from the front which may foul the back of the clio subframe etc

ValverInBits
Mk2 ph2 fair enough,yes i've measured up and it appears to be fine for size between the legs etc,i'll remove the clio eng/box in the next week or two but it appears to fit fine with no real issues with the shell or subframe,the honda gearbox is on the o/s of the engine bay so the main top engine mount will be on the n/s of the shell which is not as strong as the o/s of the shell as standard,otherwise fabricating the mounts and shafts will be the majority of the mechanical side as the linkage is very similar on both.
My clio has elec power steering which i want to keep if possible as less to drive by belt,the honda exhaust comes from the front which may foul the back of the clio subframe etc

I'd say forget it tbh. Find another engine. That is a REAL problem

M2 Competition
So long as you have enough room under the bonnet you can fit anything to anything with enough determination.

Good luck with it mate :)

Sunflower PH1
Yes i'm more concerned about that than anything else to be honest but strengthening the n/s of the shell shouldn't be too hard i think,i've done plenty engine conversions in the past but always stuck to same manufacturer,i've already converted my mk2 ph1 rsi to a 172 so fancy the challenge as i love the way the B18's rev

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
can't see why you would want to do it tbh but good look with the conversion matey! should be interesting

Sunflower PH1
The main reason is my type R engine has a very reliable 220bhp and can handle 8k revs all day every day for years without any issues (typical honda),combined with the weight of the clio i think will be very good fun but practical too

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
The main reason is my type R engine has a very reliable 220bhp and can handle 8k revs all day every day for years without any issues (typical honda),combined with the weight of the clio i think will be very good fun but practical too

just read your OP and realised its a TEG engine ur dropping in... went in charlies integra the otherday. they handle crazy revs, 6k is awesome aswell.

does make sense now dude, what are these engines like to tune?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
B18C is a good choice, tuning-wise.

Spoon are the daddies for the B... IMO

If you're not on crack and you actually intend to do this... it'd be mental!

Sunflower PH1
No mate no drugs,totally serious,i'm not great with computers but i'll do my best to keep yous posted and add pictures as i can

I'm moving this as it's not a project yet, it's merely speculation. I'm putting it in the engine & running gear section (it may get moved out of there though)

Burgandy 174 sport t
To be fair I have already seen one!

DSC00665.jpg

Tullyvernon

Northern Ireland
ClioSport Area Rep
  Williams, Focus RS
DO IT! them engines just rev and rev! when you get it done it wil be a real flyer, look forward to hearing more about the progress of this, im realy intrested. good luck with this, hope its a sucess!