ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO TYPE R

Be interesting to see if this is done! Honda powered clio is something i have thought and talked about a lot, but have never had the time and money to do it all in one go

Sunflower PH1
it'll take me a few months to complete i'm sure but i'll see it through for sure as i've had the itch to do it for some time now but never had the spare car that wasn't needed every day,i'll need to make it every day usable and practical etc,i'm sure it will be worth it although i'm dreading the wiring side of things

ValverInBits
I'm moving this as it's not a project yet, it's merely speculation. I'm putting it in the engine & running gear section (it may get moved out of there though)

ah, vindication. :approve:

182magoo - The engine mounts on both sides are going to need to be huge. Either that or your going to have to do some really really good strengthening work on the chassis legs each side and build in mounting points. It's just not worth it IMO.
You'd be better off building a really solid european engine with the box on the right side and revving the nuts off that all day.
Good luck all the same.

Sunflower PH1
The honda engine mounts are surprisingly simple and i have a set that i've drilled the spot welds off to remove,the actual rubber/poly mounting is all on the engine side on the hondas with just the bracket being attached to the shell/chassis,i'll strengthen the n/s/f of the clio shell and attach the brackets in the correct place all welded up and solid.
I've had a decent DC2 hence where the conversion package came from as i smashed it unfortunately,although i would rather have it in a clio shell to be honest.
I would love to convert to RWD and although not this time around i will do at some time in the future i'm sure,i wouldn't use the B18C6 though i would probably use a C20LET as i've used these engines in the past and have converted a manta to 2.0 turbo using this engine and loved the results,however a lot easier as already a RWD car and not a conversion from FWD

Fair play your actually doing it! Any progress pics?

For a second I thought you were mofo signed up with a new account.

Sunflower PH1
Chrisjk,sorry i misread that question as rwd and not rear mounted,i need the car to have a full set of seats mate for practicallity