ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
I really like the look of them. My local dealer had a white and a red one in stock but the price just puts me off atm

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I had no issues test driving one at my local Renault earlier in the year. Nice car, but not special enough for me. Better all rounder and daily drive than the ST. Nicer dash too, I absolutely hate the radio in the new Fiestas.

Better brakes, better suspension, it pulls off the 5 doors very well.

Neither are any good for track imo unless you throw some money at them. Underpowered, lack of diffs, ST has tiny brakes.

With both cars I found the steering feel a but over assisted, I didn't get the feedback I wanted.

Going to give the Corsa VXR clubsport a go soon, all the journos say the dash is dated but imo it looks better than the ST. Plus you get monotube inverted dampers, Brembos (although 305mm might be a bit small on a 1230kg car) and a diff all under warranty. It'll probably still feel underpowered like the others though.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I had no issues test driving one at my local Renault earlier in the year. Nice car, but not special enough for me. Better all rounder and daily drive than the ST. Nicer dash too, I absolutely hate the radio in the new Fiestas.

Better brakes, better suspension, it pulls off the 5 doors very well.

Neither are any good for track imo unless you throw some money at them. Underpowered, lack of diffs, ST has tiny brakes.

With both cars I found the steering feel a but over assisted, I didn't get the feedback I wanted.

Going to give the Corsa VXR clubsport a go soon, all the journos say the dash is dated but imo it looks better than the ST. Plus you get monotube inverted dampers, Brembos (although 305mm might be a bit small on a 1230kg car) and a diff all under warranty. It'll probably still feel underpowered like the others though.

I am just going by your user name but how can you expect anything to compare to a Ph1 ;)

Other than the dash ofc..

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
one would suit me perfect I recon as a quick daily driver as I only use the trophy a few days a month but im just not willing to part with the cash they are asking for one

Clio GT 1.6
I really want to get back into a renaultsport.
I bought an abarth 595 competizione last December and I am tempted by the clio RS edc.

What is the new rs like on fuel and also when is the facelift expected roughly?

Fabia VRS & Yeti
1.6t is not great on fuel from ph/evo reviews.
Better than the 200's though.

Saw one in white yesterday with white wheels. Best and second one I have seen!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
These just popped up on the ktec fb.

3DE20321-E1C2-429F-A31A-A6C53C6CC5A9_zpskmo57i51.jpg

C4297316-6A86-4EB4-B813-98B7BA829F77_zpstciejnwm.jpg

Wheels are shockingly bad. Splitter looks ok on the Yellow as it suits the bodywork and two-tone colours, black one just looks s**t.

But then as the saying goes, you can't polish a turd, still can't get on with the looks of these.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
If the wheels weren't chrome I actually think I prefer them over the standard models. Although I had a poo earlier that I also prefer over those...

Nissan 350z
While we're discussing front end design I just dont get the decision behind the DRLs they look proper aftermarket just randomly stuck on like that. At least on the Megane they attempted to intergrate them into the rest of the car (part of the front Blade) so why go back a step with the Clios. It's almost like they got the end and then suddenly remembered "oh s**t we forgot the DRLs... meh that will do".

Mini Cooper S sport
Why do these companies feel the need to take a car that looked perfectly alright to start with and make it look totally gash?

Chrome wheels FFS, it's not Pimp My Ride.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I still haven't seen (or noticed one) one on the road. I was in the local Renault dealership last week with a friend and asked the sales guy how sales of the cliosport were going. His reply was "they are flying out of the showroom, they are selling really well".

He also told us that the car we were test driving didn't have stop-start or hands free, which it did....

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I still haven't seen (or noticed one) one on the road. I was in the local Renault dealership last week with a friend and asked the sales guy how sales of the cliosport were going. His reply was "they are flying out of the showroom, they are selling really well".

He also told us that the car we were test driving didn't have stop-start or hands free, which it did....

You can't get Clio Renaultsport 200T with stop start. They do all have keyless though.