ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Never said it did, but f**k Renault thinking it will just sell without even letting people drive one.
I'm sure they are a spot on drive but when its my hard earned cash going on a car not just leasing it for a year then I want to drive it beforehand.

Whether you were leasing or buying it's still a lot of money going on it, I'm surprised Renault just wouldn't let you drive one, maybe you're in a black book somewhere ;)

I don't think so, I'm 26 and on a very good wage for my age.
A couple of dealers had one in but it was in the showroom, I was told If I bought it I could take it round the block! I mean how do you expect to sell a 'drivers car' like that? Never had an issue test driving a 200 when they came out, I think they are being a bit more open with test drives now but to be honest the damage has been done.
I hear it is selling well in other markets but Renault really dropped the ball with the UK market this time, hopefully they can face lift it giving it a bit more power and a real gearbox and it will be on its way to being a proper Renaultsport. (some recaro's would be nice too)

Quite a few people on here have said they had problems getting some dealers to let them drive one. In fact I recall some members saying they were told that they could only drive it if they put a deposit on it. As I remember reading, that is. I have no experience myself.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Even if I was desperate to buy one i'd tell him to gtfo if they asked me for anything before a test drive.

Maybe they thought the brand would sell itself but this wasn't 197/200, it was a whole change in direction.

My neighbour has one of these, he works for Renault, it looks pretty good tbh, doesn't look much different to a normal one though.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Even if I was desperate to buy one i'd tell him to gtfo if they asked me for anything before a test drive.

Maybe they thought the brand would sell itself but this wasn't 197/200, it was a whole change in direction.

Do you mean that dealer could do one or you would write the car off as a potential?

I'm going to see if my local dealer can get one for me to have a go now, I want to see what all the fuss is about!

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
My neighbour has one of these, he works for Renault, it looks pretty good tbh, doesn't look much different to a normal one though.

IS that in the same way the 182 doesn't look any different to a standard 1.6 Mk 2 Phase 2 - side skirts, front bumper, rear bumper, alloys and it's until you actually see the two parked next to each other that you notice the difference in height and rear stance.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
IS that in the same way the 182 doesn't look any different to a standard 1.6 Mk 2 Phase 2 - side skirts, front bumper, rear bumper, alloys and it's until you actually see the two parked next to each other that you notice the difference in height and rear stance.

The 1*2 has different front wings.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
The 1*2 has different front wings.

If you can't tell which is the RS version from the different front and rear bumpers, slightly wider wings are definitely not going to stand out as any help.
So to all those who say it doesn't look different enough, open your eyes, it's not like it's a 1*2 rep with a sunroof and painted rear drums
You either know what you're looking at or just talk a good dit.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
Quite a few people on here have said they had problems getting some dealers to let them drive one. In fact I recall some members saying they were told that they could only drive it if they put a deposit on it. As I remember reading, that is. I have no experience myself.

heard about this.. pathetic

I test drove nearly new elise s last weekend at bell & colvill. They didn't even ask for my licence.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I sent an email to Renault lifestyle the other night when posting my last reply.

They called me this morning and said they don't have a demonstrator at the moment, that I could come test the GT Clio which apparently has the same gearbox (idk?) to get an idea. I said that's alright I don't want to waste their time.

Either way he said he will call me when they have one available to have a go. Nice enough chap.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Why the f**k would you not have a flagship demonstrator! It's mental!!!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
gt does have the same gearbox so I suppose would give you an idea of how it works etc but I still couldn't even consider buying the RS if the GT was all I could get a shot in

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Why the f**k would you not have a flagship demonstrator! It's mental!!!

That is more of a flaw with the company's logistics rather than their car design.

It makes little difference to me as I don't buy new cars and thus have almost no interaction with main dealers so I am more concerned about how a car is put together and drives but can appreciate others might be after a better service from their manufacturer of choice.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
My point is neither of those last points make the 200EDC a bad car (or inferior to cars with a blue oval on the front).

Did anyone say it is?

Bare in mind the journos who were actually given the rare sight by Renault thought the ST was better.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Finally saw one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In Liquid yellow... I know I said it before but so underwhelming the shape anyway. If it hadn't been LY I would have driven past it.

Fiesta ST-2
My point is neither of those last points make the 200EDC a bad car (or inferior to cars with a blue oval on the front).

I don't think gally was making any bad points about the car. It's the piss poor sales strategy he was talking about. As you've mentioned it doesn't really effect you if you're not buying from new. However, they may hold their value better, given the rarity of them.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I don't think gally was making any bad points about the car. It's the piss poor sales strategy he was talking about. As you've mentioned it doesn't really effect you if you're not buying from new. However, they may hold their value better, given the rarity of them.

no chance, its still a renault

Rare is only good for residual prices if there is a demand. They're not going to hold their value well if no one wants them. Lol.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Rare is only good for residual prices if there is a demand. They're not going to hold their value well if no one wants them. Lol.

this!

how many people do you come across who wince when you say you drive a renault?

s**t cars iirc.

Fiesta ST-2
True, but I think the demand is probably there. it's just the fact people like to 'try before they buy' . Renault have probably missed out on a lot of business because they haven't allowed customers the opportunity to a test drive or even have demo cars in place. Hopefully someone selling the car second hand will allow a test drive lol.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Had a go in one of these today not overly impressed the padels don't move with the wheel which is slightly annoying and the interior looks tacky.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I went in my neighbours but surly there must be some rule against not being able to test drive the product can you return it used if its not what you thought??