ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

The lad had had alot of work already carried out in the same area of the 'stone hit' so in balance of probability, the damage was caused by a mechanic in the dealership.

So Renault ask them if they did it. They replied 'no, must have been a stone'.

What else was he going to say!?! Ha.

The company I work for (a large Bank) always gives the customer the benefit of the doubt. Unless you can 100% prove otherwise.

That's... Customer service. I think Renault should come and visit our office to pick up a few tips.

baysthebest

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172/172Cup/182
You only ever hear about the bad. You never hear about the good.

Our UK customer relations are consistently ranked as one of the best in the UK.

this is true. The majority of manufacturers don't want to help the customer with any contributions after their warranty expires which tbh if fair enough as why should the manufacturer pay for something in the 4th year when the car comes with a 3yr warranty?!

Renault on the other hand will more often than not contribute to a customers repair bill whether it be 10% or 90% if there is a genuine reason of course. I think many people would be surprised to hear that this isn't the case for the majority of manufacturers out there! Your Renault Service department will encourage you to do this as they will get paid by Renault if not the customer if they feel there is a valid reason.

Btw I know the car being discussed is within warranty but if it was caused by an external influence then I don't see how this is the manufacturers fault unless I am missing something. There is no advantage what so ever for the dealer to be dishonest as if there was a fault they would get paid to complete the work anyway by Renault. The only problem they would have is if they authorised the work to be done under warranty and RUK send a technician out to check the validity of the claim (which they will do especially on expensive claims)

of course you are not going to be happy if something however minor it may be has happened but if manufacturers were to supply all of their cars with 'lifetime' and/or 'what ever happens' warranties then their vehicles wouldn't be anywhere close to the prices that the currently are.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Surely drive belts should be protected from debris by suitable cowlings? Even if this notorious belt was taken out by a stone, it is indicative of a design flaw. Or of course it could just be bad lack. Belts do go.

Either way I find it hard to believe anyone could prove beyond all doubt that a stone derailed it. Even if there were evidence on the pulley, it would be far more likely that some highly trained Renault spanner monkey left his 10mm socket in there.

Regardless, Renault will not be held accountable. They have a history of not giving a s**t. From the day they decided to mug-off the poor 400 customers who thought they had bought an exclusive limited edition Clio, to the day they decided to continue fitting chairs upholstered in tissue paper. The only answer is to vote with your wallet and buy cars made by manufacturers who possess at least an ounce of integrity. Crying shame, as they are capable of building some truly awesome drivers' cars. If only they gave the first f**k about the people who buy them.

This.
Unless I hit a gravel trap* at 130mph backwards or I open my bonnet and chuck a bag of Jewsons finest in the engine bay, I'd expect the belt covers to do their job. If they don't, then it's clearly a design issue.

Mini Cooper S sport
You're telling me that you and none of your mates had issues with the 172/182 steering wheel? If you are, you're a liar.

The steering wheel on my RB 182 was in mint condition when I sold it - although that was when it was four years old. Not a hint of wear or melting.

That stone story is unbelievable, things like that really put you off buying another Renault.

It's the heat from the sun that melts them, so if you have a parking space at work and at home in the shade, it might not melt.

But 99% of the time that's not the case and your left with a melted wheel..

All my 182s have had melted ones.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
The steering wheel on my RB 182 was in mint condition when I sold it - although that was when it was four years old. Not a hint of wear or melting.

That stone story is unbelievable, things like that really put you off buying another Renault.

I sold my 172 steering wheel on 130k it was still in very good nic. All I did was cover it up on hot days.

y9eqy3am.jpg
this car is really growing on me this rear end looks mean compared to a fiesta st

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I've seen 2 or 3 on the road now, still totally underwhelming. I'd rather have a Megane but not at the silly prices they are coming out at.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Still haven't seen one on the road (that I remember anyway) seen a few standard ones.

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
Haven't seen a sport on the road yet but the roads round here are swarming with the non sport variants.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Easily i've seen 20 in and around Glasgow, admittedley, i think they look great (white/yellow) the other colours are a little under whelming.

I've totally went off the idea now.

Ignore the self righteous, take it for a good spin then make your mind up.

Self righteous? Ignore? Last time I looked, this is a car forum. I'm fairly sure people are entitled to give their opinions of a car.

I do agree though that one should drive it before commenting on its dynamic qualities.

Has anyone on CS actually got one of these yet?

I'm aware of one or two, but generally they don't seem very popular at all. Although as second hand prices fall, 3-door and manual gearbox will gradually become less important, and twin clutch & launch control will gradually become more and more awesome.

Mini Cooper S sport
I love them, I'm surprised more people haven't bought them. It seems the Fiesta ST has become the hot hatch of choice.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I think that Clio looks great, 5 doors > 3 for a hatch too. Launch control is nice for making videos like that and double clutch gearbox is also no bad thing IMO.

But I've never bought a new car and quite frankly am not in a position to if I wanted to. If I was I'd be going the GT86 route, hatchback running costs with my favorite drivetrain layout.

Seen the prices on GT86 lease/PCP? It's insane for a 25k car.

My friend enquired a few days ago, and he quickly stopped after getting some rough figures through. No wonder there's so few on the road!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Seen the prices on GT86 lease/PCP? It's insane for a 25k car.

My friend enquired a few days ago, and he quickly stopped after getting some rough figures through. No wonder there's so few on the road!

No in all fairness I haven't, I also get that the base price is 25k instead of 19k so not exactly apples for apples, but if you're financing a car for the best part of 20k, 25k (or 27k with the seats) can't be that much more surely.

No in all fairness I haven't, I also get that the base price is 25k instead of 19k so not exactly apples for apples, but if you're financing a car for the best part of 20k, 25k (or 27k with the seats) can't be that much more surely.

It was matching figures for the Golf, not sure how/why (and that's quite a bit more than the GT86!)!!!