ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

Clio 200
My 200 wouldn't be half as fun without them, no signs of wear either, because I don't get into them like a dog.
Same here – there is a knack – I lift myself into them, with the result that my last 197s Recaros were pristine after 4.5 years – the 200s are being cared for likewise.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nice to see Harris agreeing with me again. Looks are simply not good enough. Looks are a big decision in my car buying.

The leather option looks superb with those seats though. Nice. Obviously it will fall apart today at some point. Heat of my body will melt it no doubt.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Such a massive let down! This car sounds superb, but, and its a big but, its f**k ugly with no sporting presence!

Seems positive from Harris. Didn't expect anything less, really. It was never going to be s**t. Even though it looks boring on track and understeers because a hundred year old Golf with the same [round] wheels does.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
I actually quite like the looks! :)
all the paddle box haters, have you actually driven a modern system? Granted they remove some element of driver input but they are very good!

chris
DetailMe

But not driver's car if paddle shift!

Driver's car has to be RWD, naturally aspirated, and with a manual transmission. Oh and no more than 200hp because then too fast to be driver's car.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols! Yeah the Bmw CSL was never a drivers car blah blah blah. Heard it.

Autocar wasn't exactly raving about it today but the 5 door element really opens the market up. What a great little family hot hatch? No?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I'm afraid to say that I'm warming to it. It would be a decent daily.

I'd still prefer a manual. That said, the novelty of a paddle shift would probably win me over on a test drive. When I drove Dave's R32 for 5 minutes it made me giggle!

It still looks a bit downy, though.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I know gally's said this before but i only really noticed it with the yellow one on track, if the wings were wider and connected to sideskirts to give it more of a stance it would looks a lot more aggresive/more purposeful!

I still love it though, the yellow one looks superb which suprises me as i normally think LY only suits the V6!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Snap.

Also, £20k for a 1.6t Clio? - Must be mad if anyone buys one....

I've said it a thousand times, how many people have 20k to 'buy' a new car? Do people buy new cars these days? Probably not, smart people PCP them, pay for the depreciation and give them back to the dealers after 3 years.

It's the same as saying "£33,000 for a mediorce spec'd A3??" No, £10,000 in depreciation and then hand it back and start again in 3 years. Like i say, smart people don't buy new cars.

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
I've said it a thousand times, how many people have 20k to 'buy' a new car? Do people buy new cars these days? Probably not, smart people PCP them, pay for the depreciation and give them back to the dealers after 3 years.

It's the same as saying "£33,000 for a mediorce spec'd A3??" No, £10,000 in depreciation and then hand it back and start again in 3 years. Like i say, smart people don't buy new cars.

Exactly. Its just stupid when you think what you can either get on PCP like you say or even second hand.

£20k is alot of money for something like this. Although I think its a nice lookign car, I wouldn't even dream of getting one on PCP for how much you'll pay per month on it (not unless they had a really good deal on anyway!)

Titanium 182
Naff as it is, I like the mode to which you can select the different noises coming into your car. So you can make the Clio sound like a Clio V6, GTR or even a motorbike!

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
graham-norton-wave.gif

Titanium 182
It also doesn't make the Clio a good car.

( I like Paul by the way, good guy)

I think he is a legend TBH, decent racer just needs to be able to get the funds together

I cant really comment on the clio being a bad car till I have driven one, with the sound of a GTR in the back ground ha