ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Looks great parked next to that Megane.

Can't wait to see one in the flesh and drive one.

I think its going to be a great car.

Rusty Cup
A good quick read a bit worrying it isnt filled with out and out praise.. Wonder if the Clio has lost its class leading edge in terms of ultimate driving experience.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Well, the spec I want comes in north of 22 big ones. Slightly insane to even consider that but recent events have made me realise life can be far too short, so it is likely to happen as long as the test drive doesn't leave me feeling cold.

Given the fact I should consider all serious alternatives, apart from the Fiesta ST, what else should I be looking at getting a ride in to see of it stirs my soul/makes me fizz more than the 200 EDC?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Well, the spec I want comes in north of 22 big ones. Slightly insane to even consider that but recent events have made me realise life can be far too short, so it is likely to happen as long as the test drive doesn't leave me feeling cold.

Given the fact I should consider all serious alternatives, apart from the Fiesta ST, what else should I be looking at getting a ride in to see of it stirs my soul/makes me fizz more than the 200 EDC?

Focus ST? Be a base spec @ 22k though.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Focus ST? Be a base spec @ 22k though.

Would want a decent top end spec for the £22k. I can justify buying one if I keep it for a long time like I did with my 172 Cup, so whatever I buy needs enough creature comforts and gizmos to keep me entertained, comfortable and happy.

Will look at Focus/Megane and similar sized motors but if they're base spec, I'm not really interested. I have the Scenic when space is needed.

An orange one
Would want a decent top end spec for the £22k. I can justify buying one if I keep it for a long time like I did with my 172 Cup, so whatever I buy needs enough creature comforts and gizmos to keep me entertained, comfortable and happy.

Will look at Focus/Megane and similar sized motors but if they're base spec, I'm not really interested. I have the Scenic when space is needed.

Why buy when you can PCP? Genuine question...

Sell the 200, money into bank for rainy day / future, one monthly DD for new car, after 3 years repeat

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Why buy when you can PCP? Genuine question...

Sell the 200, money into bank for rainy day / future, one monthly DD for new car, after 3 years repeat

With PCP you're paying new car 'depreciation' for 3 years. Rinse and repeat. New car 'depreciation' ad infinitum. I don't like monthly charges...would rather pay in a lump instead of having something bleeding out of my account for month after month after month.

Not fussed about having something new every 3 years, and not having the capital in the bank isn't of major concern. I like to own things...an odd concept I know...and so long as I think I'd be happy in something for a long time (I'd have managed far more than 8 years in my 172 Cup if I'd not ruined it) I'm happy buying and owning it outright.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
LOL, no thanks. The only new car I've had (my 172 Cup) was driven 300 miles before being delivered to me at my place of work late one Friday night.

I want something new with collection from a dealer. I have to do that once in my life.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
AutoCar's Video review RS200T VS GT86

Doesn't come off all that great and once again the Gearbox "command --> Execution" has come up and described as "slow"

Last edited by a moderator:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ah like the video of it chasing a Focus RS. Yeah cracking comparison. Bravo.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
FLOL at the engine noises!

gt86 sounds ok.

clio sounds like an electric car, unless you're inside in which case it sounds monstrous!