ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Depends on the dealer I found, obviously depends if they need the business as to how much discount they will allow.

When I was looking at 200's I tried my local dealer who wanted over £18k for my spec, Huddersfield wouldn't give me a price as I clearly couldn't afford the insurance and tried to sell me a 1.2 (bearing in mind I turned up in a 182 and my quotes were actually less on a 200) and Wakefield quoted me around £15k for the same car. Pays to shop around, clearly.

My mrs's had a problem like this. She went along to renault and was looking at the new clio when she got her polo. She mentioned that I drive a 200 and the dealer told her she must have got it wrong because I couldn't afford it?

Depends on the dealer I found, obviously depends if they need the business as to how much discount they will allow.

When I was looking at 200's I tried my local dealer who wanted over £18k for my spec, Huddersfield wouldn't give me a price as I clearly couldn't afford the insurance and tried to sell me a 1.2 (bearing in mind I turned up in a 182 and my quotes were actually less on a 200) and Wakefield quoted me around £15k for the same car. Pays to shop around, clearly.

Apparently so, I'm sure the guy who originally bought my 200 spent upwards of £20k!

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
My mrs's had a problem like this. She went along to renault and was looking at the new clio when she got her polo. She mentioned that I drive a 200 and the dealer told her she must have got it wrong because I couldn't afford it?

Is this for real?! I didn't think dealers were that bad!

182cup & 172 racecar
I mentioned it before, aren't those Brembo's in that picture?

attachment.jpg

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Overlay of the current Megane 3dr and the RS Clio MK4 would be interesting.

They look similar!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
In my opinion, which is fact, they both look really good there. I wouldn't pay 20k for one, but I'll defo be looking when 2nd hand prices become reasonable

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I'm tempted to take one for a test drive, see whether they're any good. I'd be tempted if they do some decent offers.

Im testing one anyway :approve: can't wait lol

I've never had a dealer say I can't afford a car lol, I might start hiding my car around the corner before going in then bwarping away if they say anything :p

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Im testing one anyway :approve: can't wait lol

I've never had a dealer say I can't afford a car lol, I might start hiding my car around the corner before going in then bwarping away if they say anything :p

We have! Go-Car in Scunthorpe. Told her she couldn't afford a £3k Punto. She went mental - at him - in a showroom - on a sale day!

PCP's make lots of nice metal affordable too. I just cannot ignore 5 doors and auto. My left leg is MADE for a clutch pedal lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Sounds very good. Edc blah blah! It's not a drivers car blah blah blah.

The looks are not R.S enough no matter how you sugarcoat it though.

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
I bet you will get a decent price with one of the Internet companies as a pre reg and with 4 years warranty, serving etc i could be tempted but think it will just make a megane look cheap in comparison IMHO

Trophy
This was on Twitter earlier after Chris Harris drove the 200 and tested the launch control!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 201
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    461.2 KB · Views: 217

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Looks ok I guess-

Front calipers look a bit base spec.- almost tiny!

No recaros. No Big calipers. Thats most of RS enthusiasts out lol

S

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Looks ok I guess-

Front calipers look a bit base spec.- almost tiny!

No recaros. No Big calipers. Thats most of RS enthusiasts out lol

S

Recaro's will follow in about a year, wouldn't surprise me if there were a few other tweaks along the way. It's a new car afterall

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
So basically everyone should just wait a few years to get the good stuff.

Well done Renault.

How hard is it to fit a different seat FFS?!?

Negotiating contracts/ volumes/ supply etc is a lengthy process I assume. Certainly not an over night job.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
So basically everyone should just wait a few years to get the good stuff.

Well done Renault.

How hard is it to fit a different seat FFS?!?

I'm just guessing but I imagine it'd hard enough launching a completely new car, then add to that the various outsourced components like Recaro's. I'm sure they want them to be right first time or have a second phase release with an additional few things and more colours. I'm completely guessing though.

Recaro's will be available in a year or so though

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I like clios but not at that price, there just seems to be too many other options for the money.

I reckon theyll be a good second hand buy as long as the gearbox doesn't shat itself.

I bought my brand new 182 with cup packs for £13400 in 2004 and my brand new 197 cup in 2008 for £13800 but couldn't justify that money on a Clio.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Not that bad value tbh

2-3k more list than the previous 200 but it should be a lot cheaper to run has an expensive gearbox and a couple extra doors thrown in.
A fully loaded one for 18-19k wouldn't be that bad IMO - that's if they keep offering decent discounts

clio 182 sport
Re: CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news - NEW DETAILS #1779

Parked next to a Clio 4 today, picture doesn't really show it well but there is quite a size difference.

huvu6uby.jpg

As much as I don't like the new clio shape it really shows how dated the PH2 looks against modern cars.

I think your phase 2 makes this new clio look ugly, i mean who ever purchased that clio must be mad. That yellow is discusting those wheels look crap i just dont like the new clio ...

Maybe at the last moment they decided to pay someone to get in and out of the Recaros twice a day for a year to see if they end up looking like a battered old sofa dumped in a skip? :cool: