ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Re: CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news

its a renault therefore it will break! Toyota/Subaru have got the right idea with the GT86 thing
View attachment 90141

So many people missed the f**king point of this car though. Sick of seeing wide arch body kits with super wide sticky rubber on these things with no power mods save for a fart can system which makes the flat 4 sound even worse. All the time effort and planning to make it handle the way it does out the window.

Where's the Va Va Voom? No one knows until someone has driven it.

Until then, how can you say it doesn't have any? How can you say it's safe and boring? It could be the edgiest FWD hatch out there regardless of the big headlights and 5 doors.

If you don't like it visually, fine, say that, but you can't say it's lost its ability.

Why don't we all just wait and see instead of banging the same old drum?

calm down dear, va va voom isnt all about performance... and i didnt mention its lost its ability you're putting words into my mouth.

ok, it doesnt inspire me in any way, shape or form. every other RS i can think of has.

No, they will be back. Britain will leave the EU sometime in the next few years, and the European federal state will then collapse some years after due to the predicted economic impossibility of a single monetary policy.

After this things will be bad for a while, and then things will slowly get back to normal as nation states take back their sovereignty. When this happens EU emission laws will disappear and manufacturers will re-invent the wheel (so to speak). IMO.

Things are cyclical.

:clap::clap::clap:

I really found a forum full of special opinions!

In your future sight you forgot the war we need by becoming nation states and reactivating nationalism. People like you and their meaning about not needing a "EU federal state" are blocking a well growing and working Europe. That's the difference to the USA where all feel first as Americans and second as e.g. Californians.
In Europe people wants to feel first as e.g. English, second as English as nothing else.
In my opinion we should form a strong EU with a common main language and the feeling that we are Europeans. But this is a dream I fear!

Back to topic:

I do not know why everybody thinks bad about downsizing. The 2.0 was not such a big block that 1.6 is such a big jump down. And why this engine should not be good at all?

Years ago I was driving a Volvo 480 Turbo! There worked a 1,7 Turbo (Renault :D) 120HP and about 175Nm. And i can tell everybody that it was a nice driving and you had fun. So if you think about 80HP and 65Nm more, 20 years more technologies why this should not be a perfect combination??

Trophy #276

He has a point!

Odd to find 2 foreign people blinded by optimism and patriotism to the point of being unable to accept others opinion in the same place

First two posts in this thread too.

On topic, still not sold on it visually.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news

evuje6yd.jpg

7ybume6e.jpg

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

it would be a good looking car in 3 door form i reckon! shame really

Track 172, Focus RS

they've missed the point though, as a driving enthusiast i WANT to change gear with my left foot and left hand, i want to heal and toe and left foot brake, i don't care if the pdk stuff is vastly quicker! I'm lucky to get to drive all array of supercars (gallardos, ferraris, porsche, aston, murci, bentley etc etc etc) and I HATE them all due to the flappy b****cks gearchange, atoms and caterhams and the few manual ferraris and lambos we have are the only cars i drive, i point blank refuse to drive the others because they're boring!

This

Bumder With A Buffer

:clap::clap::clap:

I really found a forum full of special opinions!

In your future sight you forgot the war we need by becoming nation states and reactivating nationalism. People like you and their meaning about not needing a "EU federal state" are blocking a well growing and working Europe. That's the difference to the USA where all feel first as Americans and second as e.g. Californians.
In Europe people wants to feel first as e.g. English, second as English as nothing else.
In my opinion we should form a strong EU with a common main language and the feeling that we are Europeans. But this is a dream I fear!

Back to topic:

I do not know why everybody thinks bad about downsizing. The 2.0 was not such a big block that 1.6 is such a big jump down. And why this engine should not be good at all?

Years ago I was driving a Volvo 480 Turbo! There worked a 1,7 Turbo (Renault :D) 120HP and about 175Nm. And i can tell everybody that it was a nice driving and you had fun. So if you think about 80HP and 65Nm more, 20 years more technologies why this should not be a perfect combination??

Cheese eating surrender monkey.

Clio 200

No, they will be back. Britain will leave the EU sometime in the next few years, and the European federal state will then collapse some years after due to the predicted economic impossibility of a single monetary policy.

After this things will be bad for a while, and then things will slowly get back to normal as nation states take back their sovereignty. When this happens EU emission laws will disappear and manufacturers will re-invent the wheel (so to speak). IMO.

Things are cyclical.

Totally agree.
I recall some time ago, the death knell was sounded for vinyl. Unless I'm very much mistaken, there is quite a strong core following for the 12" plastic stuff, some 25 years on.

Clio 200

it would be a good looking car in 3 door form i reckon! shame really

With you on that, though obviously the angles of these images flatters somewhat. However, some comments which suggest you hardly notice the extra doors worry me, as in , "should have gone to Specsavers".

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Clio Renaultsport 200 Turbo is in the running for best performance car of 2013 FYI.

The 2013 World Performance Car will be chosen from one of these top tenfinalists:
  • Aston Martin Vanquish
  • Audi RS 5
  • BMW M6 Coupe / Convertible
  • BMW M 135i
  • Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
  • Mercedes-Benz SL 63 AMG
  • Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster
  • Porsche Boxster / Cayman
  • Renault Clio Sport
  • Scion FR-S / Subaru BRZ / Toyota GT 86 / Toyota 86

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na

It's got no chance against those other cars though has it :(

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

How can they pick it if it hasn't even been driven yet?

theyd just be doing it on the merit of the 200 now?

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy

Clio Renaultsport 200 Turbo is in the running for best performance car of 2013 FYI.

The 2013 World Performance Car will be chosen from one of these top tenfinalists:
  • Aston Martin Vanquish
  • Audi RS 5
  • BMW M 135i
  • Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
  • Renault Clio Sport

Who wrote this?

'Renault Clio Sport'

Did they not know what it was really called!?

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean

Seen one of the non-sports today... Looks awesome! Is a lot smaller than the pictures suggest as well. Pictures make it look like a bus.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300

Yeah seen a non sport up close every morning for last few mornings and I quite like it and actually looks like a 3 door until you get close.. It was in yellow and could easily see panel gaps on front door but not on rears but I was walking towards it on an angle.

wheels were truelly awful though... But not really a deal breaker!

Clio 200

• Aston Martin Vanquish
  • Audi RS 5
  • BMW M 135i
  • Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
  • Renault Clio Sport

How on earth can a shortlist for the 2013 World Performance Car be compiled with 11 months still to go? :banghead:

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

Me too. Most people who don't know these cars call them Clio sports. :(

To be fair I still usually describe my car as that to people who couldn't care less... just feel like a prat saying Clio Renaultsport.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy

Tbf I dont think it helps that the forum is called Clio Sport.

True.

Suggestions on a postcard on what we should rename ClioSport, please: ClioSport, PO Box 10725, CM14 9HD