ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

Suzuki Jimny
Re: CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news

Not convinced. Looks far too narrow :(

and where are all the proper colours? :(

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110

I agree with Matt, car is looking really bland. What are flower wheels doing on it too?

second picture looks 'okay' with those wheels

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member

Not impressed. I await to see one in the flesh. I'm not sold on the lack of Brembo's & the stance of it. Don't like the 5 doors, not keen on it from any angle to be honest just looks like a normal clio.

Badge on the front is too big as well.

Maybe my oppinion of it will change but as it is at the moment it looks as if they are marketing it at a different clientele.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110

Looks far better than the 200 :)

How can it exactly? It's still got the retarded looking front end like the 200, even still has the curve like the 200's wing and bumper joining. It even has the front gloss blade like the 200.
but it has no flared front wings, it's a 5 door and lacks brembos, its high and narrow. There's nothing visually better IMO. And again, it's just IMO

i can see it appealing to the family man who still likes his performance in a car

Petrol Blue 182.

Looks like a Mitsubishi ASX on the back. Front end looks guff aswell.

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

second picture looks 'okay' with those wheels

+1, these 18'' wheels are perfect for the forms of this 4RS

But for me too it has conventional forms...

The RS had their original forms usually, but this 4RS looks like all the other sports car of its category from the others builders...

Now I waiting the first official tests on roads and tracks to see if it rest a RS (I hope) so a great race car

Last edited:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Has the black one got 12inch wheels?

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110

People complain about the 18" rims on the corsa vxr ruining the ride, the Clio's Chasis is usually stiffer, so those 18" wheels may be too much

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

Others pics always in the factory of Dieppe

These rims are the nicer for me, the most "race style"

no I wait impatiently the first tests on roads and tracks to see if this Clio 4RS rest a real Renault Sport thus a great and fun commercial sport car

302934IMG1003.jpg

701999IMG1040.jpg

813246IMG1052.jpg

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

I never relised how comically large those headlights are! Why is it that progress/development now just means making things bigger? 18'' alloys on a 'supermini' come on.

the profile looks ok in that last pic... But I still think they should've dropped the clio name with this car. There's nothing clio about it

RS Clio 182

Looks too much like a Seat at the rear and too much like a Fiesta at the side - doesnt have its own identity imo. Not too keen on it....having said that, the 200 grew on me.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

All you faggots will be driving it in a year and raving about it. :cool: LOL

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

I never relised how comically large those headlights are! Why is it that progress/development now just means making things bigger? 18'' alloys on a 'supermini' come on.

the profile looks ok in that last pic... But I still think they should've dropped the clio name with this car. There's nothing clio about it

??

what is it a Clio for you ??

Because you see a resemblance between a Clio 1 and Clio 3 for example ?

And similarity between a Clio 2 and Clio 3 even ? :dead:

We may not like the forms of the Clio 4, and personally I don't like the front by example, but sorry what you say is stupid...

There is no defined forms for a Clio and it is not the policy of Renault to use the same forms one generation to another

We are not in VW there ! ^^

And this is good, I prefer a constructor that innovates and imagine new forms for each generation of a car than the buidler who wants to believe that he makes a new car but does not change anything except 1 centimeter of headlights and made in reality the same fate bland car for 30 years as made VW for example...
This is evidence of lack of imagination, but note that this is typically German ^_^

Last edited:
  CLIO 2 RS trackcar

Yeah, Golf GTI.

Real bag of w**k.

Despite what the motoring press say.

In the 90's I had one of the real last Golf GTI (the Golf 2 GTI) in a time where this car deserve to have the name "GTI"

BUT for several generations it's not the case, your Golf GTI is just a "family GT" but especially not a GTI's car & a sport's car...

No comparison possible with the feeling which made a Renault Sport (common with a stock Golf GTI vs a stock Megane 3RS on a track for example and let's see)

At least the "sport feeling of a Renault Sport car" waiting to see the 1st tests on roads and tracks for this Clio 4RS (I cross my fingers lol ) ^_^

Last edited:
  GTD, Lupo

??

And this is good, I prefer a constructor that innovates and imagine new forms for each generation of a car than the buidler who wants to believe that he makes a new car but does not change anything except 1 centimeter of headlights and made in reality the same fate bland car for 30 years as made VW for example...
This is evidence of lack of imagination, but note that this is typically German ^_^

Kumkum let's be honest, vw don't seem to have the same sales issues that Renault currently have. This could be the last Clio if Renault sales keep heading the way they are. The Golf will be around for years to come.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

Gorm's, Clio after sales is at a push, on a good day - b****cks.

Nothing on gods green earth will stop people buying them, in volume considering how pish their after sales is. It's a well known fact, yet we customers return...

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

:S
Kumkum let's be honest, vw don't seem to have the same sales issues that Renault currently have. This could be the last Clio if Renault sales keep heading the way they are. The Golf will be around for years to come.

????

In your dreams of English guy maybe because Renault is French ^^ but you will be disappointed if you believe what you say

Sorry but to the opposite I think if you want a honest view you should forget your classic francophobe propaganda that exists in England and the UK to learn the real facts

Please don't tell me otherwise, I'm very familiar with your country and its data for private reasons (even if I dont speak a good English language but I suppose my English is better than your French no ? ^^) better than you know mine country & its real data apparently, and I (we) know very well that as soon as it comes to speak about France in England, your mind is based on the fakes, stereotypes and any old francophobe education since your childhood from some ancient year ... 1066 ^^

So YES Renault saw its sales in recent months lowered BUT like all major European builders including VW (yes VW too since any months), it's a big crisis everywhere (which is coming to an end, hopefully), also in England, you don't know that?

But instead Renault resists better than others and if in France has a big builders who have the bigger difficulty currently, it's not Renault but Peugeot-Citroën...

Why ?

Because Renault is since more 10 years a global (in the whole world) builder and seller while Peugeot-Citroën is still strong especially in Europe where the economic crisis is (was... hopefully) the most severe in the world (do you know that in the western Europe the larger seller is not VW but Peugeot-Citroën for example ? I dont think...)

VW is healthier now that Renault thanks to its low-cost and prestige brands and their strong presence in the USA and China, the two largest world market where sales are always at the highest

But Renault resists rather well at this big crisis (as opposed to what you think listening to your medias with their "strange" & stereoptype visions of the facts as soon as they talk about these "Satanés Français" ^^ ) because it's also attend in the world, even in the USA

Renault resist at this big economic crisis, for Renault the brand itself and Renault the trust too

Yes even in the USA because Renault, and you forget that too often in England (or maybe you refuse to accept because it does not fit the stereotypes that you learn from your childhood on the French and the French economy, still the 5th in the world today I also recalls and it's not by chance), is the Renault Trust with several more brands add to Renault

Dacia's its low-cost brand that sells a lot in these times of big crisis especially in the countries of the Eastern Europe & even now in the western Europe and Nissan (yes again I remind you that probably, Nissan belongs to Renault and the Renault Group, and Nissan exist today because Renault has saved it by buying 15 years ago when Nissan was very bad, reorganizing it and investing a lot of money in Nissan) which sell a lot in the USA and Japan

Thus yes sorry if you wanted and hope the opposite :) but the major French builders will still be there in 20 years (Even Peugeot-Citroën especially since its alliance with General Motors, which will allow him to develop many now out of Europe) :)

Even if you are English and us French, it's not very fairplay to want & to believe that they will suffer what has been your own car industry 30 years ago :nono: , sad story :(

Last edited:
  CLIO 2 RS trackcar

To summarize my long post above, don't worry ^_^, Renault and the Renault Group has an industrial and financial power which that will allow it to spend the current big economic crisis and it's still strongly present after for the next generations of RS & ... ALPINE especially for me ^^

An orange one

I hate it more everytime I see it!

To think the company that brought us the Williams Clio and Clio v6 are now fobbing us off with this boring, narrow, 4x4 height 5 door monstrosity makes me sad!

safe to say I won't even be going for a test drive!

Oh and 197 > 200 still after all these years!

Wow KumKum that was a real eye opener.

Some propper xenophobic s**t going down there.

Beileve it or not, the British don't dislike the French.

People commenting on the new clio in a negative way has nothing to do with what country it's from.

You really can't take any form of critism. Atall.

Chill Winstone. Jesus.

* and the irony at you calling the GTI just a family car now because it's bigger and more refined?

Compare the new Clio to a Williams or even a Mk2!

Its like a bus.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member

To think the company that brought us the Williams Clio and Clio v6 are now fobbing us off with this boring, narrow, 4x4 height 5 door monstrosity makes me sad!

high f**king 5 to this!! couldnt agree more

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

FLOL Kumkum it seems living in France with all that sun has bleached your brain!

Honestly never seen support for a brand like it, and I've seen people going on about apple on here! So for that fair play.

other than that how about accepting other people think it looks s**t, and very much like other cars (even German ones (damn those Germans!)) and move on? Great if you like it and I'm sure it will drive brilliantly but it will never be the looker the 197 is.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

??

what is it a Clio for you ??

Because you see a resemblance between a Clio 1 and Clio 3 for example ?

And similarity between a Clio 2 and Clio 3 even ? :dead:

We may not like the forms of the Clio 4, and personally I don't like the front by example, but sorry what you say is stupid...

There is no defined forms for a Clio and it is not the policy of Renault to use the same forms one generation to another

We are not in VW there ! ^^

For me, a clio is a large, n/a engine, in a 'small' car. Yes, they've grown bigger over the years, but they've all had the same basic recipe of big engine and wider body kit on the standard, three door car.

This new one has new bumpers and a small capacity boosted engine... Along with 5 doors. If it was on any shape clio bar the new one, it'd be a special edition warm hatch/stepping stone between the 1.6 and 2.0.

Dont misinterpret this as me not liking this new car, I do like it. But I don't think it's a 'proper' clio.

and I understand there are no defined forms of a clio, but there is a Basic 'recipe'

Imo, of course :eek:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

I know what you're saying Colin but i dont think they're fobbing us off.

Look at what other manufacturers are doing, Peugeot 106 GTi, we now have a much bigger/cumbersome 208 GTi, it might be good but it'll always lack that 'wanting to drive but no where to go' that you get with old school hot-hatch fun.

All the manufacturers are doing the same thing, it's no suprise Renault are following suit. This argument will be raised to the sky and back everytime a new model is released, the 197 was the same the 200 was the same the 4RS, same.

I'd say this is a step forward, albeit i think they're targetting a different market to cater for the growing family man enthusiast, as well as the young following that Renault Sport has. This might be an absolute blinder but it might not!

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110

This is the issue imo.

I can't see a young person buying the new one.

5 doors for a start. Lack of presence with it. There's no 'sporty' look to it