ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio is DEAD :(

Renault clio 172
I pulled out of a junction and the car just died. I've had it compression checked and have been told no compression on cylinder 4. It will start but as soon as you let go of the accelerator the engine cuts out.

What would get for it as it is?

More info:

Renault clio sport 172
12 Months MOT
3 brand new toyo tyres
Xenon Headlights
Track rod ends, abs ring and tracking have been done this week.
Has been lowered ( if you don't like that then isn't the car for you. However I do have normal springs if you want them )

Bad bits ( easy to fix your self and I'm just being picky)

Front bumper has a small hole as I jumped forward into a car with a tow bar ( seen in pic )

Roof lining needs replacing as some one put a DVD in and I have taken it out. ( also shown in pic )

null_zpsaf47c5e1.jpg

null_zps2aeb5f8e.jpg

null_zps453222d2.jpg

null_zpsa6109b02.jpg

null_zpsda6a9345.jpg

null_zps55bc4159.jpg

null_zps9625265c.jpg

null_zpse44f1a19.jpg

172cup
It's not worth much, why not just get a used engine there's always some for sale on here make sure the belts are done and the strip yours down and sell it off for parts

Renault clio 172
That's why I'm asking what it's worth first, as if I put it in the for sale section asking what price I would be told to put a price.
Ok cheers tin cup but not wanting to spend anymore money or time on it. I know it's not worth much considering buying it last year for £1900 =(

Renault clio 172
Ok cheers appreciate the comments :). No that's one of my first thoughts so checked that one first and sadly that wasn't the problem =\

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'd say £700/1000

?? You can buy a running one for that. Without a hole in the bumper or the headlining.

That car's 5/600 quids worth.

Best bet is to buy a secondhand engine, whack it in and carry on. If you love the car lots, replace the belts/dephaser on the replacement engine. If not, £250 for a new engine, a few mates and a weekends work and you'll be driving it to work monday morning.

Ph1 track car, Dci
Fix it or break it, not point in selling whole unless you want a quick sale but you will loose more money that way.

I'll swap you for my 172 cup, having belts done this friday, new brakes all round and you chuck a grand my way.

It's a deal
It's a steal
It's the sale of the f**king century.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I'll swap you for my 172 cup, having belts done this friday, new brakes all round and you chuck a grand my way.

It's a deal
It's a steal
It's the sale of the f**king century.

its like a complete 180, s**t engine good panels to good engine and s**t panels lol :p

I raise the curly wurlys with Kitkat chunky.

its like a complete 180, s**t engine good panels to good engine and s**t panels lol :p

I raise the curly wurlys with Kitkat chunky.

Car with dead engine, strip engine for inlets etc... and sell them to pay for a new bumper. Buy new engine and get belts done, drop it in, job jobbed.

Woah, hold on.... Just noticed 's**t panels'. WHAT YOU TRYING TO SAY!? ;)

Renault clio 172
That's a shame then =\.
I know not worth a lot now but was looking to get close to £500. Could be a great car but I've just fell out of love with it and not willing to put anymore money into it. With a new engine and front bumper it would be a great car. But wouldn't accept any offers until it has been viewed because don't want to waste people's time.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You'll get £500 easy. Tbh I'd be wanting £650/£700.

You will get double that if you break it but that all depends on how you value your time and if you have the space/patience to do it.

Renault clio 172
Ok cheers Daniel. If I had the space to break I would have done that but sadly don't . So I think £500 is about right to ask for it. :)