ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio DCI's

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
I've just got my hands on a Clio DCI. It needed a new engine, new turbo and new injectors.

Now I've got it running spot on I have to say I'm thrilled to bits with it. From passing my test 7 years ago I've always had sporty cars and I intended to get this going and to sell it but its staying put. It's such a good run about and fantastic on diesel.

Mine being the 65ps is only the baby but its still nippy enough and it sits at 80-90 more than happily on the motorway. As a cheap to run, runabout I don't think you can buy better. :).

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That's why they sell so well mate! Every one I get literally flies out the door.

£30 a year tax, real world 55mpg+, theres not a lot to dislike! lol.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Dci's FTW, altho mine doesnt do epic mpg LOL.

65's are just as good as the others. All they are missing is an intercooler. Map it and its 100bhp and more mpg :)

Clio III DCi 106
I can't wait to get mine mapped :)
They're just a good balance between MPG and speed I think. The 100 and the 106 that is. The rest are just depressingly slow...

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
The 100 and the 106 that is. The rest are just depressingly slow...

Sorry... but personally owning a dCi 100 and also driving a dCi 65 on a regular basis, I can safely say that they are not depressingly slow.
You have to take the car for what it is. Great MPG, also has enough power for safe overtaking and get you out of trouble when needed.

When driving the 65 you don't feel like you have to go fast, more concentrated on the MPG due to lack of power over the 100.

www.cliodci.net

Last edited:

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
The 106 dci might be more pokey down to a differnt turbo?

65's are the ones that you dont have to worry about. Little less to go wrong TBF

Clio III DCi 106
My mate had a MK2 Clio DCi 65 van. It is definitely up there with the slowest cars I've ever been it lol
If mpg is what you're after then yeah they're probably a brilliant little car but I'm just saying they wouldn't be my cup of tea.

A 2.0 DCi 175 in a Clio, mapped with a hybrid turbo. Now that would be the ticket :)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
My mate had a MK2 Clio DCi 65 van. It is definitely up there with the slowest cars I've ever been it lol
If mpg is what you're after then yeah they're probably a brilliant little car but I'm just saying they wouldn't be my cup of tea.

thats broken

A 2.0 DCi 175 in a Clio, mapped with a hybrid turbo. Now that would be the ticket :)

I've been contemplating doing this for my GT DCI, but can see it being a big/costly job, dci's are brilliant engines plenty of grunt in them my 106 with a tuning box is rather quick and very tourqy will easily out pace a fabia vrs

172cup
Mapped dCi's FTW

2.0 dCi 175 engine is and will produce silly power and torque in a clio, its just finding everything to get it running and finding an engine and box, That isn't attached to a £6k meg :(

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Mapped dCi's FTW

2.0 dCi 175 engine is and will produce silly power and torque in a clio, its just finding everything to get it running and finding an engine and box, That isn't attached to a £6k meg :(

in theory as im still thinking of a meg dci 175 conversion. im sure the engine is an M9R , found in allot of other models in renaults range, so surely you pick up an engine and rebuild to the rs dci 175 spec. or go overboard and take it up a notch , hybrid turbo, iNJECTORS - if they arnt friggin delphi ones, bigger or more suited FMIC remap and your looking over 200bhp and stupid torque levels.

only thin that worses me is that you'll either have to strengthen the clio 2 chasis or it'll twist with the torque. custom mounts allone is abig cost

wide track increased possibly down to the 6 speed box.

engine bay would be rammed. turbo would have to be sat wherre the battery is i think....

its probs not worth it. now if anyone can figure a way to shoe horn a vag tdi lump in ;) the switz's have done a kit to take the standard 1.9 pd150 to 240 bhp. now that is serious power

Last edited:
  Clio III DCi 106
There's a company called darkside racing that have a kit that puts the new VAG engines to something like that or more, that's forged rods and everything.
I can't believe no one has done the 2.0 conversion yet, would love to know if it can be done in a MK3.

Italian 3.2 V6
I recently got rid of our mk3 86dci, was very cheap to run but real world mpg was around 50mpg but still cheap. Very practicle being 5door and being bigger than the mk2. The only thing I hated, and I mean hated with a f**king passion was the pissy s**tty gearbox!! It was as enjoyable as eating barbwire!

6803394430_98b2320d89_z.jpg

Dci by PSJHodgson, on Flickr

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
There's a company called darkside racing that have a kit that puts the new VAG engines to something like that or more, that's forged rods and everything.
I can't believe no one has done the 2.0 conversion yet, would love to know if it can be done in a MK3.

JP racing in denmArk can forge a 2.o tdi to 320 bhp. With hydrid turbos and better bottom ends. Only thing I don't like is they use dua
Mass flywheels :(

vroomtshh

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Ibiza Cupra TDi
JP racing in denmArk can forge a 2.o tdi to 320 bhp. With hydrid turbos and better bottom ends. Only thing I don't like is they use dua
Mass flywheels :(

Plenty people in this country running that sort of power in vags. Removing the dual mass flywheel isn't a big issue. Solid flywheels are cheaper than a new dual mass anyway

Clio III DCi 106
Some real smart c**t needs to hurry up and do something with a 2.0 in a Clio so I can copy it.
Imagine leaving Type R's for dead in your diesel Clio lool

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
I love mine. About 53mpg in my Mk3 86. Like Piers, practical 5 door, pretty nippy too.
I dropped down from a 2.5 V6 Vectra to the Clio, and the Clio is just as quick bottom end, handles better and is much, much cheaper to run. More reliable so far too!

320d
I love Clio dci's. I've just never really needed one. Should have got one as a first car instead of my 1.2

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Would love to plonk my engine in a Clio but I think it would sit too far forward, all the turbo etc sit at the back pushing the engine quite far forward.