ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio & Corsa

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Every weekend i leave my house to go to work and i pass a garage where all the local boys hang about in there cars.
My house is around 2mins away if that so i have not that long started the car.

When i go past most weekends there is a small black corsa C SRi (1.8 16v) that is up my arse pushing me along the road trying to race.
I have not taken the bait and i just plod along as i have just basically started my car, As i dont take his bait he will then overtake me and pull infront of me and drive at around 25 mph and then floor it and pull away. This goes on for around 2 miles and then when i get to the round about he gets the hint that im not interested but i can bet my months wage it will be the same next weekend.

What i want to know is how long does it roughly take for the 182s engine to warm up so im not hitting the limiter as next weekend im just going to rip him a new arse hole and make him look like a ***** with all his mates in the car as im sick of it so my thinking is that if i just nail him he will get the message but on the other hand i really dont want to rise to the bait no matter how hard it is.

DB.

BMW 440i
If you really can't ignore it, I'd just do it, I did in my old Clio from fairly cold.

I'd just ignore it though, won't achieve anything!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I have done for weeks on end. Im hoping that one night he will just drive right into the traffic island in the middle of the road.

He just never seems to give up

Do this:

1284543188_machine-gun-intimidation.gif

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
once or twice from resonably cold wont do it any harm :p

there was a guy used to go around stirling in a red 1.8 16v corsa SRi that word of mouth said was fairly tuned, my old silver 172 used to make an easy dinner of it lol!!

Let it warm up first, get your 7,200RPM limit, then drive off.

Unless you can do what I did in my Golf.

Was on the way to Subway for lunch and saw a police speed trap on the way there. On the way back along the same road, a black 1.2 Corsa filled with Chavs & Chavettes pulled alongside me and the driver started to rev and look at me egging me on for a race. 180BHP Golf vs 1.2 Corsa? Ok, I had the power advantage plus the knowledge of what was lying ahead.

Knowing full well the police where 1000m up the road with a speed gun, I rev'd back. Launched my heavy as hell Golf, went through 1st, gave it a little in second, and as the Corsa was so far behind when I gave up, he felt he had something to prove. I laid off at 45MPH and he kept his foot down to "prove his point," whilst I anchored on back to the 30MPH limit.

Police had pulled him over by the time I had got further up the road, he didn't seem to appreciate my wave I gave him, judging by the way he glared at me.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Don't do it Jesse, I bet you he's got a hundred grand under the hood of that car.

Just don't rise to it. Either it's been played with or Sod's Law dictates you'll be pulled over.

Clio 182
My old 1.8 SRi isn't far off the 182 pace, mine rolled 157bhp with the usual breathing mods and a remap. Throw some cams in there and you've got 170bhp, change the inlet manifold for a dbilas and you're looking at near 180.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
From what i can see it is a standard SRI with nothing more than an ARNOLD CLARK sticker on the back window.

When he over takes it looks like its an effort at 50mph for him to get past me (Road is a 60mph) so i know its nothing super quick.
A guy i worked with knows the car and also says its standard as he raced it in his new 1.4 16v golf as he hangs about the garage with his mates also.

I think im just going to leave it for another few weeks hoping he will know that im not going to bother wasting the energy in my right foot.

just let your car tick over for 5 mins before you leave

5 minutes isn't enough. My 182 is ticking over for 5 minutes when I finish work whilst I have a quick cig and the water temp dial is lucky to be 1/4 of the way up once I get in it.

Takes 2 or 3 minutes for it to stop the overfuelling it does on a (standard map's) cold start, probably looking 10-15minutes sat idling until they get upto temperature I'd guess.

DB.

BMW 440i
and his probably has NOS, which he won't be afraid to use.

Just don't drive behind him incase there is a danger to the manifold

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
It takes a good 10mins if not longer till my temp is up but even then i dont know if its still warm enough. I know it takes a while for the 7200 limit to kick in from cold

Evo 8 MR
If it's in a national speed limit area I must admit I'd be tempted to show him up, if its in anything less I wouldn't rise to it.

350Z
I'd leave it to be honest mate, he's clearly aware that he's inferior. You're p*ssing him off more by not doing anything so keep it up ;)

Get yourself an led message board like te police in the back window, and next time write "Slow Down" in it... And just laugh lol

Otherwise simply ignore it, its really not worth the effort, just blow him a lil lkiss as he passes and he will soon leave you alone

120d M-Sport
Why are people so worried about there car warming up? When i had my 1st 172 i hammered it from cold all the time and it never had a problem at all. Btw that was when i was 19 and drove like an arse.

renault clio 182
Just let his get on with it wouldn't even give him the satisfaction it will more than likey spur him on to do it more in more he will soon get the picture wouldn't waste my time with a Vauxhall anyway lol

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I wouldn't rise to it either. Likes others have said it will annoy him more you not taking the bait.

5 minutes isn't enough. My 182 is ticking over for 5 minutes when I finish work whilst I have a quick cig and the water temp dial is lucky to be 1/4 of the way up once I get in it.

Takes 2 or 3 minutes for it to stop the overfuelling it does on a (standard map's) cold start, probably looking 10-15minutes sat idling until they get upto temperature I'd guess.

^^Water temp means naff all its the oil that needs to be up to temp which takes alot longer than water.

When he overtakes put your indercator on hopefully he will swerve it into a ditch! or just go to where he hangs out and give him a slap..

Rusty Cup
Sounds to me like your struggling to fight the urge to over compensate. Im more than happy with the size of my penis so i find i dont feel the need to let other road users dictate how fast i drive.

Listerine & Poledo
Take a different route and don't let it bother you.

Fighting tool-behavious with tool-behaviour is only ever going to lead to both people looking like prize weapons.

Some Clio buzzed me on the way into Cambridge yesterday, from the DRS zone of a 30 limit into national limit. Full rev-limiter stuff. I just pootled up to 60, granny shifting and taking in the scenery.

1 mile up the road he was stuff behind 2 lorries and couldn't see far enough around to spot the massive gap in traffic. I wafted past the lot of them doing a casual national limit.

living my life 15 miles at a time.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
The 1.8 lumps are very tuneable actually, some are running the same sort of figures as VXR's.

You'd have him in the twisties though..;)

Clio V6
I don't understand, so when he sees you he pulls out the garage and starts giving it large? Don't bite and smile knowing he's wasting his money following you around.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Don't do it Jesse, I bet you he's got a hundred grand under the hood of that car.

Just don't rise to it. Either it's been played with or Sod's Law dictates you'll be pulled over.

FLOL i was waiting for some sort of f&f lines to crop up ;) just think for those 10 seconds or less...your free

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
LOLing at DRS zone.

Corsa sounds like a bellend. Get his plate and report that you've seen the car acting suspiciously - drugs / guns / kidnapping kittens... that sort of thing.

Failing that .. napalm.

Evo 8 MR
^^Water temp means naff all its the oil that needs to be up to temp which takes alot longer than water.

When he overtakes put your indercator on hopefully he will swerve it into a ditch! or just go to where he hangs out and give him a slap..

Thanks for the fundamentals of an engine lesson.

By indicating it makes it obvious to them that you're annoyed and they'll feel satisfaction from that. You might aswell just flash them and wave your arms when they're in front.

Listerine & Poledo
disconnect your rear brake lights and bulkhead the middle pedal half way down the straight.

Sure, you'll write off your motor, but think how cool you;ll be for having shown them up, y0!

Infinite dude points

Dont rise to the weapon !! he sounds like a tool and hes had a new car if its recently !! (Which prob means he cant drive it yet) hes a recipe for disaster !
If you do decide to go make sure you drive carefully !!
And get someone to film it ;)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Let it warm up first, get your 7,200RPM limit, then drive off.

Unless you can do what I did in my Golf.

Was on the way to Subway for lunch and saw a police speed trap on the way there. On the way back along the same road, a black 1.2 Corsa filled with Chavs & Chavettes pulled alongside me and the driver started to rev and look at me egging me on for a race. 180BHP Golf vs 1.2 Corsa? Ok, I had the power advantage plus the knowledge of what was lying ahead.

Knowing full well the police where 1000m up the road with a speed gun, I rev'd back. Launched my heavy as hell Golf, went through 1st, gave it a little in second, and as the Corsa was so far behind when I gave up, he felt he had something to prove. I laid off at 45MPH and he kept his foot down to "prove his point," whilst I anchored on back to the 30MPH limit.

Police had pulled him over by the time I had got further up the road, he didn't seem to appreciate my wave I gave him, judging by the way he glared at me.

Lol hero!

If I was you... And this pleb hasn't got the message after this long. I'd Hand him his bollox infront of all his mates and then carry on as normal the next week.

Idk about 182s but my 197 is limited until the temperature dial* is just under half way up

*Oil temp is it?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Thanks for the fundamentals of an engine lesson.

By indicating it makes it obvious to them that you're annoyed and they'll feel satisfaction from that. You might aswell just flash them and wave your arms when they're in front.

Didnt think of that... As an alternative to my post, when he gets in front, whack your main beams and fogs on and sit on his bumper like you're going to run him off the road... If you wanna look really crazy brush your teeth like a madman but don't wipe off the excess tooth paste: frothing madman y0!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Didnt think of that... As an alternative to my post, when he gets in front, whack your main beams and fogs on and sit on his bumper like you're going to run him off the road... If you wanna look really crazy brush your teeth like a madman but don't wipe off the excess tooth paste: frothing madman y0!

Or cumstained bumboy yo!

Either one is appropriate