ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clio 200 Or a Megane 250

Megane 250 or a Clio 200

• Megane 250

Votes: 131 69.3%
  • Clio 200

Votes: 58 30.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  RB 182
Ah fair play.

I test drove a 197 F1 last weekend, and tbh, didn't think it was all that, not sure what it's like in comparison to a 200, but can't imagine them being much different.

There was a white 250 on the forecourt too, and it looked stunning. 250 all day long if I had the money.

Various
Im having a test drive of them on sunday so will see what comes of that. What are people getting out of a tank of fuel in the 200 and the 250?

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
i know my 197 was thirsty as :mad:>K I'd hope with the 200 one of the main targets would have been to improve the economy as well as the torque??
at a guess you'd probably get 30-40 miles a tank more from the clio with spirited driving, but with gentle driving both would be similar? megane being better on motorway clio better in town

PS 200
Im having a test drive of them on sunday so will see what comes of that. What are people getting out of a tank of fuel in the 200 and the 250?
200 with a fat tw@t in it driving ethusiastically on A-B roads will return 28-29 mpg.

Drive it like it's stolen = 24-25

Drive it like my dead Grannie = 33-35.

Crappy work hire car
There's a new Meg 250 in the staff car park here today, someone's obviously just picked it up, looked immense. In white though, seems to be the colour for them at the minute.

Don't buy a FRS as gally suggests :rasp: too many of them about lol.

Meg 250 has a much better engine than the FRS, laps The Internet 5 seconds faster, and will be worth the same in 5 years.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The Megane 25l0l?

I wouldn't buy one as said before due to the wheel arches are stuck on like a 2002 Suzuki Liana sport

Big difference in price!

Buy a FRS.

Wrong quote, meant "dont buy FRS theres too many about"

Theres a reason for this

I couldnt buy the meg new but second hand maybe when its dropped. Generally speaking when its not your money everyone will say 250 but if they had the cash to buy either it would be a different story. 15k vs 22-23k its a big jump and would you get 7-8ks more thills out of it, probs not.

The 200 and meg are a very similar car, the FRS is a totally different animal.

I also would love an R26R for 6 months but not as an every day car. I also think they have bottomed out price wise around 18k and they wont lose much more.

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
The Megane 25l0l?

I wouldn't buy one as said before due to the wheel arches are stuck on like a 2002 Suzuki Liana sport

Lol true!

To be honest it'd be a hard decision but the fact that the 200 is FUGLY and the 250 is NICE! I think that would swing it, yeah theres a big price difference and you wont get a LOT more thrills. But having driven 197, 225meg and I took a 250 meg round silverstone the other week. The megs are a much more stable and planted car, and I'd say on long drives or regular motorway drives you'd deffinately appreciate the meg a lot more. Depends on what your gonna use it for and how much you'll miss the extra cash if you spend it tbh.

P.S dont get white in either car, its the easy choice! everyone and there dog is getting cars in white and its getting old now. Id go for grey in both cars.

Crappy work hire car
tn_ClioFront-L.jpg

2010-Renault-Megane-Renaultsport-250-price-Front-588x447.jpg

Obviously the Meg 250 looks much better, although the 200 has grown on me now.

Clio RS 182
Personally I don't think I'd go for either. I'd much prefer to find another 182 because it's simply a much better car. Even if you found a high mileage unit and spent money on a complete refresh it would still be a better deal than either a 200 or a Megane 250.

On a interesting note, as i have said before, that 59 plate press meggy, the guy said that the meggy didnt have enough grunt.

Various
Personally I don't think I'd go for either. I'd much prefer to find another 182 because it's simply a much better car. Even if you found a high mileage unit and spent money on a complete refresh it would still be a better deal than either a 200 or a Megane 250.

I wouldnt go for another 182 when i own 1 now ;)

I believe you son. I think we would all rather be in an old 182 then a brand new best in class meg 250.