ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 / 200 standing engine height

Megane F7R
Morning all,

Does anyone have the exact height of a 197 / 200 engine compared to a 172 / 182 engine? Both with Inlets on.
also has anyone fitted a full 197/200 engine into a clio 182?

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
My understanding is that the issue with fitting a 197/200 engine is that the gearbox bolt holes on the block are different, so folk tend to use a 182 block with 197/200 head.

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
I believe there may be a couple on here who have done it. Can’t for the life of me remember who!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
You need to drill a hole in the cylinder head for the timing belt tensioner so it’s the same as a 1*2.

Lots of work. You need to use to the mk3 inlets as well. 1*2 will not work.

Megane F7R
You need to drill a hole in the cylinder head for the timing belt tensioner so it’s the same as a 1*2.

Lots of work. You need to use to the mk3 inlets as well. 1*2 will not work.
I've got a full 197 head, i see the location the hole needs drilling too + ive got all the 197 inlets which have been re-drilled to take a phase 1 172 TB.
In essence i can run a full P1 loom, ECU etc with this setup

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I've got a full 197 head, i see the location the hole needs drilling too + ive got all the 197 inlets which have been re-drilled to take a phase 1 172 TB.
In essence i can run a full P1 loom, ECU etc with this setup

I think the point is, it’s a lot of work for how much benefit?

Megane F7R
I think the point is, it’s a lot of work for how much benefit?

I have an engine currently split as it needed a full rebuild. Got forged pistons / rods for it. Its an early Phase 1 172 engine with the bigger ported head

I also have a bare 197 head here with all the inlets etc
Rather make the best i can while i can