ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clio 200 Or a Megane 250

Megane 250 or a Clio 200

• Megane 250

Votes: 131 69.3%
  • Clio 200

Votes: 58 30.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
250 is in a differnt league, i thought i was going to be dissapointed but once i drove my bosses one i came back with a massive smile on my face, extreme mode ftw!

Da

Less
200 for me, 250 is mahoosive in the flesh! Admittedly very nice but too big for my liking, maybe in a few years... ;)

200 in GW, Cup chassis, black speedlines, Recaros, Cup spoiler - done! :approve:

200 Gordini
250, absolutely no doubt about it.

Not to mention the 200 will feel slow and wont handle that much better than your 182 with H&Rs.

Nissan 350z
If the 250 is an option, then I'd always get one of those, they are awesome, test drove one the other day. Trying not to buy one myself at the moment, and to stick to the cheap shite Astra I have for a while longer.

Nissan 350z
  ITB'd 182...
Clio for me.

Not a fan of the front end but IMO the Meg looks like a spaceship. Not a fan!

PS 200
How is £20.5k a problem for a car like the RS250?! It's a bargain, and a Focus ST cannot be compared quite frankly, the Focus RS can be however, and look at the price of that.
Because like every other renault it will be built by lazy french cnuts and will fall apart after 3-4 years.

Renaultsport Clio 200
I had the exact choice of Clio 200 vs Megane 250, I chose the Clio.

I personally couldn't justify spending around £6.5k more on a new car for the "base non cup" before you add any extras (looking at list prices - Clio £17.7k, Megane £24.1k, I know you can get better prices if you want to get imported, or whatever but personally when I spend that sort of cash I want the salesman to simp around me for ages so I prefer local showrooms). I fully equipped the Clio with all the options I wanted and saved over £5k on the list price Megane without options.

I guess it's down to how much you are prepared to spend, and if you are happy spending the extra dough.

Besides having sat in the Megane the visibility is poor compared to the Clio (out the rear/blind spots, after 3 years of a Civic Type-R I will never go back to that poor visibility).

Either way tho, both cars will give you big smiles, I've certainly never regretted my choice.

MadAsToast

Last edited:
  172 Ph1, 1972 Mini 1
If my budget was 30K on a new car at present i would love a 250 but as depreciation and build quality would come into it i would be really tempted by a Scirocco R and i normally hate VW's. That car however looks ace and has the performance to boot.

But as a Jap car fan i am pretty sure even with all that said i would be in the Nissan dealers buying an all Black 370Z with black wheels!

Last edited:
  172 Ph1, 1972 Mini 1
If your not bothered about new but nearly new would do then a BMW135i is very nearly as fast as an M3 and reportedly the best handling car they make at present. Also probably not possible to go much faster than a Skyline R34 GTR for that money.

Clio 1970000000
Question doesn't make sense as the cars are in different classes. Money no object, I would have a Nissan GT-R

Lotus Exige, 182
If it were my 30k (no chance) i'd buy something practical for 5k ish, something silly (a z4m) for 20kish and still have 5 k change.

having said that and if you must have a new car, I test drove the 200 at the weekend. It's a huge advance on the 182 and I absolutely loved it. If you want something to use every day and still do half a dozen trackdays a year in, I would get one. Renault are doing some very good finance offers too, which would free your 30k up for other things and not have it tied up in a depreciating asset. Hopefully they are still doing these in June, at which point I will be ordering a 200, in black, black speedlines, cup chassis, recaros, spoiler and cornering lights.

Not driven it, but the Meg is a different sort of car I would've thought, heavier and more refined I would expect, but not so good as a track car and also would have higher priced consumables - bigger wheels and go through brakes quicker. If you need something like that though, I'm sure it'd be pretty good. Other point to make is that its the first edition of the current model and Renault usually make significant upgrades and improvements when they releases the mark 2 of any model.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
4521493971_8310b48c2e_b.jpg

4522113646_a4c2eaa002_b.jpg

Hmmm! Tough decision!

200 imo :)

love that pic of mine!

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
250 cup, poverty spec + recaros, base colour (white or rude boy gray),18s and renosport monitor. Done
Anymore than that your talking frs money.
Dont think the 200 would get a 2nd look.

The 250 sounds mint on forza

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
i think the 250 sits very very high though after seeing the red one at the meet it would need lowering about 30/40mm at least

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
200 for value, but i think u would get bored easier being N/A...?

dont see why people are saying the residuals are so much better on the FRS... I know history have proved this but a 10month old FRS can now be had for 22-23k thats a loss of 5-6k.....? a 10 month old RS250 wont loose anymore than the FRS imo

PS 200

You can get a new one for 25795 - so depreciation not looking too bad for the FRS.
http://www.birchwoodgroup.co.uk/for...tkw=focus rs&gclid=COKg2dDtlaECFReX2AodmFvnPg

The Old FRS held it's value pretty well and the new one will probably do better - seems to be a bigger market for hot fords than for hot clios.

I can't see the 250 doing as well as the FRS - Of course only time will tell.

Meg 250/E36 Touring
200 are great (and yes, I would love an R26-R too)

250's are seriously fast and better as all rounders but the purity of the R26-R (and the fact I have no need for rear seats) would be my vote.

Maybe a longer drive in a 250 will help;)

On the 'is the 250 worth £6k more than a Clio?' arguement, anyone with their head screwed on won't buy the thing with cash anyway..

....ie it IS probably worth £50 extra per month if you want something a bit of a notch up from the Clio.

Guess it all depends on personal requirements.

Various
No not got kids :) i just use the back seats for going out etc. Never been a fan of no back seats.

Its hard to make the choice really, there is a difference in price but its a totally different car.