ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 Race Car On Throttle Bodies

Clio 200
Sounds interesting :D!
The mk2 has a Jenvey manifold for SF bodies, specs show it can be bored to 46mm at the ITB side, I would need to check what size the taper body ends with, but if it's 51mm mouth, 48mm butterfly - stands to reason it'll be 45mm. So easy peasy mate! Oh and there is also DTH via Ktec - man you guys have it easy! lol

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Sounds interesting :smiley:!
The mk2 has a Jenvey manifold for SF bodies, specs show it can be bored to 46mm at the ITB side, I would need to check what size the taper body ends with, but if it's 51mm mouth, 48mm butterfly - stands to reason it'll be 45mm. So easy peasy mate! Oh and there is also DTH via Ktec - man you guys have it easy! lol
I don't have it easy! I'm running a 197 head remember! Atpower or Titan are the only ones who offer ITB's off the shelf for the 197/200 and they're only 45mm butterflies. Nay good!

Clio 200
Yeah AT Power reckon they are like equiv to 48's or something due to having a flat spindle or something like that. Again be interesting to see the results vs. spec for this TDF car in the post as that looks like it's on AT Power.

I think a 48mm butterfly on Jenvey is probably about right with the bigger taper body. If talking parallel's I'd be torn between 48mm and 50mm, I just have a feeling though 50's would be too big, well until properly wild cams.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah AT Power reckon they are like equiv to 48's or something due to having a flat spindle or something like that. Again be interesting to see the results vs. spec for this TDF car in the post as that looks like it's on AT Power.

I think a 48mm butterfly on Jenvey is probably about right with the bigger taper body. If talking parallel's I'd be torn between 48mm and 50mm, I just have a feeling though 50's would be too big, well until properly wild cams.
50's will see you good for 280. Go hard or go home. Lol!

Clio 200
Haha! Yeah this is true, but you'd want those 316deg/13.5mm solid lifter cams from France! Along with the double valve springs, Ti retainers and lifter setup itself to support them, indcidently it is about €3000 for that lot (was pricing up a milder cam (304deg/ 12.8mm) solid setup the other week - not doing it!!!). Also for 280bhp you'd want a big valve head so with decent 1-piece valves call it £1000. And as it'd likely rev to 9k you're really going to want a Maxi Evo steel crank and 144mm rods plus pistons. So basically to suit 'your' 50mm ITB's I'd need a WHOLE new build which would be about £15,000 for that spec. lol!

48's it is then!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Haha! Yeah this is true, but you'd want those 316deg/13.5mm solid lifter cams from France! Along with the double valve springs, Ti retainers and lifter setup itself to support them, indcidently it is about €3000 for that lot (was pricing up a milder cam (304deg/ 12.8mm) solid setup the other week - not doing it!!!). Also for 280bhp you'd want a big valve head so with decent 1-piece valves call it £1000. And as it'd likely rev to 9k you're really going to want a Maxi Evo steel crank and 144mm rods plus pistons. So basically to suit 'your' 50mm ITB's I'd need a WHOLE new build which would be about £15,000 for that spec. lol!

48's it is then!
I'll just stick with R3 maxi stuff. If R3 maxi evo stuff comes up at sensible money I might have to consider it though. Or just buy it from r-sport. :wink: