ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 phs2 running probs

clio 172 phs1 turbo
Hey guys need some help. Cars been off road for 3 months in my garage whilst i fitted jms rs2 Manifold, decat,catbak,coilovers,front and rear brakes and new cambelt. Finally got it out yesturday and took on its first run for about 2 hours which was excellent. But today when i went to take it for another drive didnt wana start and when it did it struggled had to blip the throttle a couple time then it idle rough then settled down. After 5 mins idle jumped and went drive off and stalled me thinkin it was started it back which was ok and set of again got half mile up the road and at a rounda bout it stalled again and wouldnt start for a while managed to get it go and limped it back home and had another look. The only thing iv noticed is that it only has idle and full throttle nothing imbetween with goin out and spending a fortune on parts thought id ask u guys first but would i b right in saying its the pedal? Or tb? Thanks for readin help would b appreciated thanks tom

clio 172 phs1 turbo
I did that when i fitted tbe manifold buddy and sorry i thing i forgot to mention when u hold it on full throttle it delays then just goes lumpy and doesnt go above 1000rpm or it just dies

Titanium 182
any lights on on the dash? im oftern in harlow of a weekend if you need a fault read

Last edited:
  clio 172 phs1 turbo
Yeah eml on constant i was gona call the aa tomoro any n get them to read cheers

Titanium 182
possibly the pre cat lambda sensor . if you are handy with the spanners swap the post and pre around see if that helps . i am actually in harlow sunday if you need any help

clio 172 phs1 turbo
Well i was an aa patrolman but left last friday so had to hand all my diagnostic comp back (typical) wats worse iv got a job interview to day lol and changed both front and back lambdas coz they went a couple months ago but no harm swappin around in case haz been blocked up again cheers buddy

clio 172 phs1 turbo
Turned out to be the map sensor which burnt out the lambda and spark plugs good timez

Clio 200 CUP
I am having the same prob it keeps droping lower than 1000Revs and cuts out when slowing down or in low revs did geting a new MAP sensor help at all or was it geting new spark plugs. i have a new lamber its 1st thing i jumped to lol

clio 172 phs1 turbo
Well after fitting the new map sensor and new plugs it run ok went to drive it this morning and some prob iv been on it al afternoon even swaping stuff over with my cousins 172 and still s**t lol it will idle but very slightly lumpy but ok it will rev on little throttle but over a half throttle it will miss and die. The comp said carbon canister and lambda bank 1. And on live readings the upsteam was stayin lean. Now i know that when the carbon canister fault code appears it will run in a kinda safe mode but would cause stalling?

clio 172 phs1 turbo
Actually somthing i did notice fuel pipe to the rail seems like its really high preasured (iv got a bigger silicone pipe for jms rs2 manifold) and my fuel rail dosent have a return could that be blocked in jectors or carbon canister blocked and not depreasuring the tank? I need help clio gurus as i need the clio for work now x

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Phase 2's have an in tank regulator and hold the line at about 3 bar all the way to the rail, no return required.

I dont like that setup TBH

clio 172 phs1 turbo
Year is a bit pants lol. So would the carbon canister make it stall if it was faulty coz i think iv had this prob before and the wire was shortin together which was puttin it in to a limp mode. quick question if i do the self test (hold down the trip button and turn ignition on) does it tell me fault codes? Or do i need a code reader?

clio 172 phs1 turbo
lil update had look at timing and found it had jumped 1 tooth (eekkk) but luckily no damaged but gone to start it and battary is flat (b****cks) so waitin for my cousin to come give me a jump then thingerz crossed it will b bak on the road ill let you no the outcome thanks for all the help