ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 cup or 182 supercharged how fast?

cup 182
just wondering how fast roughly would you reakon a supercharged one would be 0-60 i know every car may vary but a rough guess or anyone thats experienced one would be great, i fancy a little sleeper project seeing as these new amg mercs m135 bmw civic type r n new focus rs are on the way and a supercharged clio would be a fraction of the price of these cars, what you think folks would a supercharged one give any of these a good go

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
It would be from say 30 onwards it would kiss a standard Clio goodbye. Google super charged clios they are mega quick. I've driven a turbo one and it was relentless

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I'd have no issues in keeping up with a Clio turbo or a supercharged one. Conditions would be in neutral only

172 Turbo
I really want to convert mine but 3-4k is a lot to be invested into a £1500 car.
I'm going to hold out for an RS2, and go down the cage & buckets route and just keep enjoying it. Putting £4k into the car to me, means it's got to be doing it's thing a few times a month rather than 6 times a year as I've done this year.

535d / t5 caravelle
My r26 is is 296bhp and in gear acceleration is awesome, overtaking is a breeze in any gear, only really had a few run ins, one duel against a Porsche 996 c4s it was a t plate with 300bhp, had a few runs with it, megane came out on top in all circumstances, the other with a CL63 AMG, with a bird driving it, I got smoked but to be expected. it's a very quick car, so a supercharged/turbo Clio must be a right weapon, forget 0-60, 30+ is what it's all about. Do it! Don't think you'll have much trouble with most cars on the road.

SQ5
@DannyR You've had a few of these with a charger, how hard is it to fit one?

If you get everything ready it's very easy.

I reckon in hours (3 weekends) it took me about 20 hours start to finish. From car on the road to back in the road. Included removing engine and having Cambelt fitted, fitting everything on, engine back in, wired in new ECU and done.

SQ5
E46 and an E92, was weird that they weren't much different.

The first night I had it out a friend had secretly picked up an E92 M3, this took the shine off of it a little bit when I stuck to his bumper ;)

535d / t5 caravelle
E46 and an E92, was weird that they weren't much different.

The first night I had it out a friend had secretly picked up an E92 M3, this took the shine off of it a little bit when I stuck to his bumper :wink:
Ha ha excellent I bet it did lmfao, very impressive! Do you have a supercharged Clio now?

SQ5
Ha ha excellent I bet it did lmfao, very impressive! Do you have a supercharged Clio now?

I don't anymore, last one was thee years ago now, time flies!

849c29266c93d259cb47bf37bf47cee2.jpg

ee0ff8f0aff7f466c924cefafe0b84d4.jpg

Supercharging is the way to go in my opinion, more driveable and linear than a turbo, and it pulls all the way to the red line. It's also kinder on the gearbox as the torque doesn't come in one big hit.

Fells just like someone has put in a bigger n/a engine.

Maybe a 172 Cup..
This is text from advert for charged Trophy on ebay. Not sure how exact figures are but..
29.09.2005 - Date of first registration

Very low millage Clio Trophy for sale that has recently been supercharged with no expense spared, over 8K worth of invoicing

Majority of work carried out by K-Tec only 3K miles ago

Low boost super charger package running 0.75 bar

Many components uprated to cope with increased power see list:

0-60 recorded at 4.9 - Racelogic print outs

0-100 recorded at 10.2 - Racelogic print outs

max BHP recorded at 272.4 bhp

max torque 236.7 lbft

Full service history, oil, filter and engine flushed every 4K miles (yearly) Only use Castrol Edge 5w40 Fully syn

All OEM parts removed for super charger kit will be supplied e.g. air con kit, plugs, belts, CAT, injectors etc. etc.

Brand new boxed Speedline Turini (without tyre)

Two brand new PE3 tyres (Exalto replacement after discontinued)

Brand new Bosh battery

Brand new Lucas alternator with ally shield MOD

Polarised TPI wheel bolts

172 (Black) Xenon brand new headlamps from Renault fitted

Garaged whole life and therefore paint work colour like new (no pinking)

MODS:

- Full Rotrex Supercharger kit fitted with uprated intercooler

- Mocal race oil cooler fitted with Thermostat bypass

- Megane RS265 boosted injector set

- KTR boosted MAP sensor

- Silicon hosing set

- NGK Megane RS265 Spark plugs 426

- KTR GEN90 ECU unit

- Low boost supercharger remap

- Uprated race upper engine mounts

- Uprated race lower dog bone (gear box) mount

- Bespoke custom made Miltek silenced De-cat pipe

- Uprated exhaust manifold-cat fittings

- ARP Con Rod bolts

- Uprated ARP Big end shell couplings

- Megane RS265 keyway Cam pulley

- Strengthened Cam belt kit inc. AUX pulleys and belts

- Uprated VVT pulley

- Uprated crank pulley & seals

- Forge dump valve

- New O2 sensors

Excellent car, will be sad to see it go. No rush to sell and will keep if I can't find the right buyer
Cheers,

Rob Hardy

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
For the price of that trophy, you could pick up a smart 172 cup and boost it.
Agree with Danny too, to much power on that lump for minimal internal upgrades. And Ktec...Churchil dog says Ohhhhh no no no no no.

SQ5
They've done everything bar the stuff that actually matters when running boost on these engines. Good old ktec!

Also reading through that advert, it comes across he does not really know much about it

So IMO has paid up to ktec to fit/map the kit, and as dannyR said is probably breathing oil heavy, probably took back to ktec and quoted 2k+ for a rebuild

So selling it up trying to get rid asap

BG 182
I've seem that trophy up for sale he wants just over £9k for it doesn't he ? Does look mint but wouldn't you prefer to get a standard trophy and do the work/find someone you trust to do the work and know it's all been done properly ?

Clio 182
Or buy a 172 for £1k, get it refreshed all around for £1k supercharge yourself for £3k!

What is actually needed to supercharge the clio's, without stating the obvious lol?!
Is there a kit available, engine mods needed etc (at what boost level)?
I'd love some more power in my track 182 at some point but not sure a boosty turbo conversion is the way to go, supercharging one I like the idea of!!

I have the mounts all made and am selling them as a kit

So bar that for low boost, Megan injectors and spark plugs, intercooler set up, decent filter set up, a megane keywayd crank pulley and a good mapper that's all I can think of at the moment