ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 cup or 182 supercharged how fast?

Those brackets look pretty nice, and good call making them out of steel, the old omex brackets fractured at the top.

However you are much better off with an auto tensioner. Rotrex themselves even recommend an auto tensioner.

The k-tec bracket is actually not a bad design except it's a bit flimsy, especially where it is countersunk for the bolts.

RB Clio 182
My 270+ hp 182 is very quick, but you do have your problems, ive done 7 k miles since the conversion, I'm on my 2nd gbox ready for the 3rd, and now ive just experienced a massive engine oil leak(no track days) granted parts are cheap but be prepared to have a 2nd car.

My 270+ hp 182 is very quick, but you do have your problems, ive done 7 k miles since the conversion, I'm on my 2nd gbox ready for the 3rd, and now ive just experienced a massive engine oil leak(no track days) granted parts are cheap but be prepared to have a 2nd car.

Did you sort your car tom?

Yeah k tec brackets are not the best designed tbh, I have also made a few of those in steel too as they fracture far too easy and at some points there is a very small slither of aluminium particularly around some of the bolt holes

The design of the k-tec bracket is actually pretty good and you get to keep the auto-tensioner as well which is better for the charger.

However why these chose to make it out of aluminium I don't know, would have been better if they made it out of steel.

306 gti6, Clio 182
Wedding to be saved for unfortunately, currently have a very low mileage mint Monaco which I would love to charge, would make a great sleeper.

e267341a7ec3b38a82a041ae82142550.jpg
Love this, really wanted one but at the time no good ones out there so got a sliver 182 on 39k really do like the Monaco blue

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

I'd disagree with a supercharger at 250bhp'ish. It's torque that kills boxes and the turbo delivery of power on a standard box / engine will give trouble.

I've done a year with mine, about 4k and numerous track days and had zero issues.