ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 16v Mk1 1993 Megane 225 Powered

Trophy Turbo :)
After A year of messing around with NA engines and not really gaining much for the money put into the car i decided too see the Fully Forge Engine, I decided it was a "cheap " Toy and it got well out of hand. Im not the best driver in the world its a confidence thing from my Serious RTC in 2008, The car is Road legal but its just a track car really, we use it on the road for testing etc.

Here is the Development of the New Megane 225 Powered Engine/.

We adapted the Internals and Head from the Megane into a Renault Block that would take the 225 internals, Keep in mind i didnt want to spend 1000's again as its a toy! and the power level we want to achive is 270/280Bhp we already know that the megane 225 can run with mods safe at this level.

After Machining and some tweeking we decided to run the DCI 128 jc5 Box, Thinking that would be great for handling the Torque, Yes it did but on the track it was dog s**t, The 2nd Gear shift down was liek being in 3rd Gear, Just no good for the track at all :(

The Spec Of the Car is as follows

Gaz Adjutsable Gold Coil Overs
172 Wide Track
Williams Alloys
R888 Tyres & Yochama S Drive ( try them )
Goodrich Hoses front and read
Custom Pedal Box with Bias Control
172 Brakes with Brembo Discs
Ferodo ds2500 front and Rear Pads
Helix 5 Paddle Race Clutch
Cobra Front Buckers
Short Shift ( ebay special :) )
Williams ARB
Williams Colum
Powerflex Polly Wishbones
Powerflex Polly ARB
Custom AAS Exhaust System
Pipercross Cosworth Air Filter
Fibreglass front Bonnet with Carbon wrapp ( i was told it was carbon when i got it )
Aero Catchs
Forge Intercooler & Pipe work
Megane 225 F4RT Engine
Ported Head
Adaptronic ECU Mppable by EFI PARTS . CO . UK
Wide Band Lambnda Sensor
Knock LInk Box
Apexi AVCR Boost Controler
Race Digi DASH with all gauages needed
OMP Roll Cage
Bosh Uprated external Fuel Pump
.5Litre Swirl Pot
Redtop Lift Pump
Redtop Gel Battery located in the Rear
Clio 182 Gearbox now too be fitted :)

The car goes very well, at 1.2 Bar it flys :)

Here are some photos

InsteraRing.jpg

P1060799640x480.jpg

P1060797640x480.jpg

P1060787640x480.jpg

IMG_6152800x600.jpg

IMG_6139800x600.jpg

IMG_6150800x600.jpg

engien-1.jpg

dash.jpg

dashdigi.jpg

fronts.jpg

clioroad2.gif

alien green rs133
well done lad, i have eyed up your workmanship and its A1, apart from the exhaust :rasp:

cant wait to get in it eventually.

Trophy Turbo :)
Thanks lads, thats just the easy to remember spec, referbed rear beams all sorted of little things, custom this custom that :)

Developments and progress will be updated on here, i know there is a lad on clio 6v doing a megane conversion with a 6 speed box!!! wow :) but i didnt want to run 6 speed as its too big and heavy and costly for clutchs. fly wheels etc :)

PH1 iceburg
Is this the same car that was on throttle bodies that blew up at trax a couple of years ago?

Awesome project

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
So it is a full megane 225 engine fitted into a mk1 bay? I thought I read somewhere it wasnt possible? Whats the set-up with mounts? Fabricated?

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
So the DCI box isn't up to much then? I did wonder when I saw it done before

on the road its great but nono for the track i was dropping too first gear at rockingham at the weekend no good that, as it just spins in 1st lol :)

The DCi box works perfect in my conversion, which leads me to think you may have got a different ratio box to me, as even @ 20mph in second it still flies.

I think you should tell us more about this conversion that you and you mate Steve dreamnt up as it sounds quite interesting LOL :p