ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.6 8V

Is there such a thing, mate swears he test drove one this morning and I'm adamant some salesmen is stringing him a load of pish lol.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Probably not going to bother making any changes now, save up for something else instead. It actually seems quick enough when you're not trying to keep up with the rest of CS. :) On the way to FCS though, Dynamique+ had no problem keeping up with the 1*2's in his 1.4 16v, whereas I was left eating dust.

Suprised you say that tbh. I never had much problem with the 1.4 16vs in mine, though mine had, although stupid, what seemed very effective exhaust. As I said, the decat really did seem to make a huge difference on that car.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Probably just a ragged engine tbh, it clearly wasn't looked after before I got it - mistake ever buying it really. Took me a good 30-60s or so to catch up with them again, although Steve's car does have a Ktec exhaust and a few other things come to think of it.

Mine's a T reg as well pal. It'll either be an Si or an RXE I think, basically the same car.

My 5dr RXE had a standard ph1 vts in the twisties saturday night :) They have enough(very little) pull to keep the back end planted imo

320d
Mine is a 1.6 8v, it makes a 1.4 16v look like a rocket! :(

You need to start abusing it more Ian. My car is rarely below 4.5K on a CS meet trying to keep up. Althoughnwe do have a laugh trying to keep up untill I inevitabely fail and get lost taking the rest of the convoy with me. Chris is always very suprised to find out I was the numpty who c**ked up the convoy ;)

Going to Oulton park a few months back with the convoy doing between 90-100 leptons was fun but hard work.

Clio 1.6 RXE
iv got a 1.6 RXE n its great as a first car, smokes alot of beginners that are on the road. Other than that i wouldn't say its worth having but it does have decent power, for me lol

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
1st straight and the guy was gone, literally could not keep up in the twisties though...

He must have been a s**t driver!

A VTS would have absolutley no problem giving a 1*2 a hard time in "the twisties" never mind a 1.6 8v clio

Until you drive one you wont know what i mean

If he gets it I recommend the K&N 57i kit (that's if they still make it) The only induction kit that seemed to work on a car that I've owned.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
How would a 1.2 16v fair/fare (grammar fail) against a 1.6 8v then?

dynamique spec one would keep up no problem in bends, not much in it straight line 8v 1.6 getting all its torque lower down unlike the 1.2 that needs hammered, so would need to be giving the 1.2 5700rpm changes

also a VTS would rape one silly!!! my dci just keeps up with VTR's in a straight line never mind a vts

320d
Lol at keeping up with a VTS. The Saxo VTS is every bit as good at handling as a ph1 172 (top gear vid) so by that comment a 1.6 8V Clio has better handling than a 172.

The guy either couldn't drive or wasn't trying. I've overtook Ferrari's on the motorway, maybe the Ferrari owners should sell up and buy a 1.2 Clio.....

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
dynamique spec one would keep up no problem in bends, not much in it straight line 8v 1.6 getting all its torque lower down unlike the 1.2 that needs hammered, so would need to be giving the 1.2 5700rpm changes

So my 1.2 8v wouldn't stand a cat in hell's chance then? :dapprove: Didn't realise it was that slow tbh!

The guy either couldn't drive or wasn't trying. I've overtook Ferrari's on the motorway, maybe the Ferrari owners should sell up and buy a 1.2 Clio.....

They don't know what they're missing tbqfh.

Ian

Focus TDCi
So my 1.2 8v wouldn't stand a cat in hell's chance then? :dapprove: Didn't realise it was that slow tbh!

You never do until you're made to keep up with someone else tbh. Everyday driving my 1.6 feels fine, it's just what you get used to.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
You never do until you're made to keep up with someone else tbh. Everyday driving my 1.6 feels fine, it's just what you get used to.

True. It's comfy enough. Horrendous on long journeys due to the sound but that's cool because I don't do much motorway driving anyway.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
True. It's comfy enough. Horrendous on long journeys due to the sound but that's cool because I don't do much motorway driving anyway.

i had a shot of a 1.2 8v campus and would never go near one ever ever again! 60bhp petrol engine is horrible, however give me a 65bhp DCi any day and i will quite happily fly about in that!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
You need to start abusing it more Ian. My car is rarely below 4.5K on a CS meet trying to keep up. Althoughnwe do have a laugh trying to keep up untill I inevitabely fail and get lost taking the rest of the convoy with me. Chris is always very suprised to find out I was the numpty who c**ked up the convoy ;)

Going to Oulton park a few months back with the convoy doing between 90-100 leptons was fun but hard work.

Heh ;)

Ian

Focus TDCi
Lol it was foot to the floor stuff in second, third and fourth, no chance of catching up - think the engine is pretty much buggered.

Think I was on that convoy too wasn't I? That wasn't so bad, it's not top speed so much, more how quickly everyone else gets to that speed. ;)

320d
Lol it was foot to the floor stuff in second, third and fourth, no chance of catching up - think the engine is pretty much buggered.

Think I was on that convoy too wasn't I? That wasn't so bad, it's not top speed so much, more how quickly everyone else gets to that speed. ;)

You where on the convoy yeh. The difference is when we're at 100 praying to keep up, they've all go atleast another 40mph to play with.

It's part of the fun tho imo. I will miss it when I have a faster car.

Lol at keeping up with a VTS. The Saxo VTS is every bit as good at handling as a ph1 172 (top gear vid) so by that comment a 1.6 8V Clio has better handling than a 172.

The proof was in the pudding... I saw him at a petrol station later on and he commented on how he couldnt keep up. Even if you had a 172 I bet I could beat you in the twisties ;)