ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 engine conversion

clio sport 1.2 16v
my renault clio 1.2 16v sport engine needs replacing . any ideas how much for somebody to fit an engine also how much an engine is likey going to cost?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
anything from £100 to £1000+!!

if you went to a scrappie, you could probs haggle an engine out of them for £100,
drop it in yourself if you handy with a spanner and off you go,

garage will probs charge 4-5 hours labour so around £250 to fit id imagine.
and thats only if you dont want to get anal and do the cambelt service before it goes it, since any engine you buy probs wont have any history!

its really down to how well you want to do it!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
There's two ways of doing it...

Buy an engine from a scrapper/ebay and pay someone to fit it. All of this *should* cost about £300.

Or, buy an engine from a scrapper/ebay and fit a new cambelt, waterpump, clutch/change oil and filter/spark plugs etc as thats good practice. Probably cost you nearer to £1000.

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Just done a 1.4 swap on my brothers gf's car and she got her engine from french spares for £250 delivered

And me and my mate did the swap for £100 each

1.2 daily +172 ph1
I've got 1.2 16v 75bhp 98k engine u can have it for £50 including subframe disks decat everything u would need ??

1.2 daily +172 ph1
Lol tbf I need rid of it it's in the way and just came out the car yesterday.

Weather this helps sell this situation I have dyno read outs for this engine 2months ago running 80.3bhp

clio sport 1.2 16v
wow thats nice and cheap matt , really need somewhere local where i can pick up also with alot least mileage on it lol but thank you. somebody said they will fit the engine for £150 and a extra £20 to do the cambelt on the engine because it will go :/. My engine whats knackered is something at the bottom of the engine and iv been told to replace the engine because you have to take the engine out to fix it and its alot easier to just do a straight swap!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
wow thats nice and cheap matt , really need somewhere local where i can pick up also with alot least mileage on it lol but thank you. somebody said they will fit the engine for £150 and a extra £20 to do the cambelt on the engine because it will go :/. My engine whats knackered is something at the bottom of the engine and iv been told to replace the engine because you have to take the engine out to fix it and its alot easier to just do a straight swap!

So if someone offered you a 20,000 mile engine that had never been serviced or a 98k mile engine that had regular oil changes you'd rather buy the low miler??

Buy on condition, not numbers that don't mean anything.

Change the pulleys aswell not just the belt if you change a timing belt ALWAYS change the pulleys also think the full kits are about 70 quid Ish

Nick