ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Climate control

clio 172
hi everyone...... i've got a problem with my climate control on my clio 172... cant get any cold air in the car.... every thing appears to be working (you can hear the ac compressor engaging)...... but no cold air...... HELP!!!!

clio 172
yea fan works on all speeds.... just cant get it to cool the car down.... if you set the temp at 16c the cabin dosn't cool down its always hot air thats blown......

Clio 172
I have a bit of similar a problem with my air con in my 2002 172...

It only blows either hot or cold, no in between. If it is set on any temperature below the max heat it will be cold but if it is on the max heat it will be as hot as it should be.

Would that be a regas or is the thermostat just buggered?

My aircon wouldn't get cold this morning as I wanted to test it.

But lunctime it would.

It was -2 when I tried it this morning, 8 at lunchtime. Does exteral temp make a difference?

911 carrera 2, Yamaha R6
Mine used to do this - but turning the ignition off for 5 mins seemed to fix it then it just stopped doing it one day!?

172, Westfield
Looks like im going to have to bite the bullet and get mine booked into the stealers at some point!

Why can it never be something simple?!!!

172 ph2
My aircon wouldn't get cold this morning as I wanted to test it.

But lunctime it would.

It was -2 when I tried it this morning, 8 at lunchtime. Does exteral temp make a difference?

It didn't work on my Golf when external temperature was below a certain tempº . Not sure if it's the same on the Clio though.

Chelsea tractor
Kwik-fit do aircon regassing for £50. And if it doesn't work they don't charge you. Apparently...

Worked a treat with mine though, much colder now :)