ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap Insurance for Young drives (modified)!

Every day someone asks who offers the cheapest insurance for young drivers, and a lot of the time its a policy for a modified car.

Ive been looking for a while now and finally Ive had a very decent quote!

Im 18, with 1 years driving experience but 0 NCB.

Ive got a 1.2 dynamique that is modified with the following...Non standard alloy wheels, exhaust, body kit and suspension kit.

I used to pay £1500 fully comp with Churchill on the standard car but they wont insure me now the car is modified.

The quote I have now is £890 AFTER the mods!
FULLY COMPREHENSIVE! WITH NO NCB!

Bell and Admiral are part of the same group so they will give you very similar prices. This is how I got the price...

Stated ALL my mods...
Chosen FlexiBell...
10 month bonus accelerator...
And added both my parents as named drives which saved me about £500!!!!

The only thing you have to watch out for is if your car is lowered and you are a young drive, they wont insure you if its lowered by more than 50mm BUT i am confident that although my suspension kit says 60mm it is only around 50mm anyway. Its a risk im going to take, and in a way im not actually lying.

Basically what im trying to say is..if you are f***ed off with stupid premiums, get a quote with bell like I did and add your parents as named drivers..and save yourself ££££££:)

Forgot to say...on a standard 12 month policy it was £1036 which is actually cheaper for the extra 2 months but you obviously have to wait longer for the NCB

what's the excess?

i put 350 in and am in the exact same situation as you, put the same stuff in and it's 3200! :mad:

BMW M4; S1000 RR
The 10 month policies are a waste of time.

But agree Bell/Admiral are both good for young drivers. I used to be insured with Bell who gave the best price by a mile, now I'm with Admiral who are best by a mile.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
I swear to God I've tried Bell before.........

Just done a quote with all valid info, bro and dad added (mum doesn't drive) and all planned mods declared and it's a bit less than I pay with Churchil at the moment!!!

SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Oh, thanks btw. ;)

Edit - Ah, that's on the 10 month plan. But it's still bloody good!!!!!

Ph1 172 + Combo van
definately going to try these when i renew in december. thanks for the info mate!

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Not sure what other insurers are like, but noticed this..
Please note - if you make a claim for loss or damage to your car, we will only pay the cost of replacing the parts needed for the car to meet the manufacturer's standard specification. The modifications themselves are not insured.
(not that it bothers me..)

Not sure what other insurers are like, but noticed this..
Please note - if you make a claim for loss or damage to your car, we will only pay the cost of replacing the parts needed for the car to meet the manufacturer's standard specification. The modifications themselves are not insured.
(not that it bothers me..)
Im insured like for like with arian flux. My HiSpecs get stolen, they replace with new Hispecs.

This just means you get standard spec stuff back :S

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Would change my insurer from Churchil to Bell right now if I knew what it would cost me...

Savings would be just over 200 quid (like for like policy - no mods yet) but I've had the policy for 2.5 months + a cancellation fee... not sure if it's worth it.

best bet is to ring churchill and find out how much they charge to cancel it. i think you have to give them a months notice, so you will pay for the rest of the current month and next month then get the rest back...i think, dont hold me to it.

i reckon you could still get your quote cheaper..maybe take your brother off? just change things about a bit without lying. in the mod section..ive put the bodykit as optional extra rather than an aftermarket kit which might bring the price down?

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Would change my insurer from Churchil to Bell right now if I knew what it would cost me...

Savings would be just over 200 quid (like for like policy - no mods yet) but I've had the policy for 2.5 months + a cancellation fee... not sure if it's worth it.

Just been told how much I would get refunded if I were to cancel today and it appears that they only charge for the days you've used + £50 fee. Happy! :D

they shouldnt charge you the £50 if your car is modified. because it is churchills choice not to insure young drivers with modifications they cant by law charge you for cancelling the policy. if you just wanted to change policy for another reason they can charge the £50. and you do get every days worth of the policy back

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
There are no shortcuts with insurance companies imo.

Nothing gets it down like experience and caution with regard to road safety.

To be quite honest even when you do get to that magical "25" your still getting screwed wether its 4000 or 400. its a f**king joke from the start