ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Caught Speeding

Answer this question is 35 in a 30 illegal ? YES is 75 in a 30 illegal YES. Im not saying it isnt far worse and irresponsible Im just saying people seem to argue that a small break in the speed limit should be tolerated but the fact is you are breaking the law when you do 35 or 75. I dont see why the quantity should effect how socially acceptible the breaking of the law is in speed, yet no-one would tolerate a drink driver no matter what the margin over the limit.

he/we get it roy but do you? Loony is saying that we have probably all sped in appropritley (sp) this includes 30mph zone sor bad conditions so before we jump up and down like self rightous Mo Fos we should ook in the mirror

i dont endorse or condone the guys acions but i cant berate them as i have done simillarly stupid things myself in the past.

loony; sorry to hijack

Anyone who has been involved in, or has seen car crashes on real roads, will know where Im coming from. Moderate speed crashes into everyday street objects KILL. At 75mph a lamp post will cut a car in half.

Cars crumple like tin foil, killing all those within, while also kiiling everyone in their path. In an urban setting, your gonna DIE at 75mph.

Quote: Originally posted by iceblue182 on 13 December 2004
he/we get it roy but do you? Loony is saying that we have probably all sped in appropritley (sp) this includes 30mph zone sor bad conditions so before we jump up and down like self rightous Mo Fos we should ook in the mirrori dont endorse or condone the guys acions but i cant berate them as i have done simillarly stupid things myself in the past.loony; sorry to hijack<SCRIPT language=javascript></SCRIPT>

Thats exactly what i was saying fella so no need to apologise. Lets look at it another way shall we. Whats more dangerous a bloke late for work doing 40/45 in a 30 (come on most of us have done it) when there is more traffic, pedestrians possibly school kids leaving home. Or someone doing 75 in a 30 at 3am in the morning with no c*nt on the road. We arent in full possetion of the facts and we all speed so hence i dont think some of the harsh comments are justified. Im not defending him or speeding just saying if those who have never broken the speed limits were the only ones mouthing off then nobody would be saying a word against the guy.

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 13 December 2004
Anyone who has been involved in, or has seen car crashes on real roads, will know where Im coming from. Moderate speed crashes into everyday street objects KILL. At 75mph a lamp post will cut a car in half.

Cars crumple like tin foil, killing all those within, while also kiiling everyone in their path. In an urban setting, your gonna DIE at 75mph.

i worked for the Highways for 2 years and my main job was closing the roads and diversions when there where fatalities.......The quote above is all to true.

Yeah anyone that goes 2.5 x the 30mph speed limit should loose they licence for a very long time and be made to retake the driving test as they have forgotten how to drive with the safety of others in mind.

I can not understand people coming on here and defending the guy or should that be tw*t....

Simon.

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Loony I understand the point you make entirely and its a good one.

But they are different if you ask me.

Thing is most people dont drink and drive. They take a conscious decision not to. They dont drink when out with the car.

But when youre driving, as you well know, its impossible to just say I will not speed. Like you could say I will not drink and drive. There are so many other things to consider when driving around a 30 mph zone. Its nigh on impossible not to drift over by a few mph. You can still be considered to be driving safely so long as you have your eyes on the road and are concentrating.

You can stop yourself drinking and driving, but its harder to stick exactly to the speed limit. Id say anything more than 10% more than the limit is making a conscious decision to speed. Just like drinking and driving is a decision.

Id sooner be, as a pedestrian, in the path of someone looking ahead and doing 32, than in the path of a drunk driver doing 28.

40-45 I can entertain late at night. 75??!! Get a life!

its still breaking the law FFS, Jeez IQ are low here. longer stopping distance less reaction time and more damage to cars/pedestrains if hit.

Punto/Clio GTT

<SCRIPT language=javascript> sorry fm but i dont get it that goes to thread about evos with no posts from roy :confused:

just wanted roys view on it. evo hittin 140 mph on a public road. noone mentioned the speed.. just talked about the actual evo.

just find it ironic that youll sit here and call a bloke a tw*t for getting CAUGHT doing 75 in a 30 but dont open your mouth to someone happily saying they just been in with a friend who hit 140 mph.

FM

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 13 December 2004

40-45 I can entertain late at night. 75??!! Get a life!

its still breaking the law FFS, Jeez IQ are low here. longer stopping distance less reaction time and more damage to cars/pedestrains if hit.

sometimes even fully reasoned arguments get lost in the mists of other peoples passion mate

LOONY AND I AGREE THAT THE BLOKE SHOULD BE DONE WE AGREE THAT DRIVING THAT FAST IS WRONG WE KNOW THAT SPEED KILLS WE ARE JUST SAYING THAT WE DONT KNOW THE FACTS AND WE ALL ARE GUILTY OF DRIVING LIKE C0CKS SOMETIMES!!!

Quote: Originally posted by Chris1.4RT on 13 December 2004
But when youre driving, as you well know, its impossible to just say I will not speed.There are so many other things to consider when driving around a 30 mph zone. Its nigh on impossible not to drift over by a few mph. You can still be considered to be driving safely so long as you have your eyes on the road and are concentrating.

i know this isnt the same subject but its an intersting fact (or not) all the same that as you more accurately calculate the velocity of an object you can less accurately calculate its position so similar to a case of the more you look at a speedo to control your speed the less control you have over where the car is placed on the road and vice versa.

Id be interested to know what the highest speed some of you lot have done in a 30. Remember there are 30 roads and "30" roads. For example there is a stretch of dual carridgeway in my town that was for ages a 70 and is now down to a 40, its not in a residential area, its has no paths either side, there is a central armco between each carridgeway and there is no way it should be a 40 but it is. Yes 75 in a 30 is excessive but this could have been 3am totally deserted stretch of road in a non residential area and im sure plenty of those of you getting on your soapbox have done similar or at least broken the limit by a fair amount on a familiar stretch of road. If hes done it outside a school at 330pm then he deserves his balls cutting off but i think it needs to be taken in context before making too many judgements. Not big not clever and will probably land the boy in the sh*t, but all of us here have broken the speed limit on a regular basis so i dont feel we are in much of a position to judge.

Totally agree.

When person A gets caught the police are a bunch of t**sers. When person B gets caught hes a menace to society, lock him away.

Only losers have double standards. Think about it.

Look, at the end of the day, suggesting theres no inbetween, makes you either fcuking stupid or just plain gay. There is a difference bewteen people speeding but generally being aware of it and trying to slow down, and those that think that travelling at 75mph in a 30 zone is ok. Presumably because theyre a good driver or something.

75 is taking the piss, and shows such a disgusting disregard for human life, that it makes me feel ill talking about it.

I will bet that anyone who even entertains the idea that 75 in a 30 is ok, has never seen, or been involved in, a car crash. If our friend had been invloved in one just before he got nicked, it would have been his last.

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 13 December 2004Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 13 December 2004 40-45 I can entertain late at night. 75??!! Get a life!
[/QUOTE]
sometimes even fully reasoned arguments get lost in the mists of other peoples passion mateLOONY AND I AGREE THAT THE BLOKE SHOULD BE DONE WE AGREE THAT DRIVING THAT FAST IS WRONG WE KNOW THAT SPEED KILLS WE ARE JUST SAYING THAT WE DONT KNOW THE FACTS AND WE ALL ARE GUILTY OF DRIVING LIKE C0CKS SOMETIMES!!! [/QUOTE]<SCRIPT language=javascript></SCRIPT>

Thank god someone can read and understand

i love you Mr "<SCRIPT language=javascript></SCRIPT>"

:D

Punto/Clio GTT

noone so far in this thread has said that 75 in a 30 is OK. Its not.. its wrong. speeding is wrong, whether its 5 mph or 30 mph over.

The fact that this bloke was caught and then you get 15 keyboard warriors callin him a tw*t when i put money they have done ALOT more dangerous things than that in their driving years.

FM

Quote: Originally posted by Final_Maxim on 13 December 2004
just find it ironic that youll sit here and call a bloke a tw*t for getting CAUGHT doing 75 in a 30 but dont open your mouth to someone happily saying they just been in with a friend who hit 140 mph.FM

Erm except I didnt comment on the 140pmh...hadnt even read it...

Look, at the end of the day, suggesting theres no inbetween, makes you either fcuking stupid or just plain gay. There is a difference bewteen people speeding but generally being aware of it and trying to slow down, and those that think that travelling at 75mph in a 30 zone is ok. Presumably because theyre a good driver or something.

75 is taking the piss, and shows such a disgusting disregard for human life, that it makes me feel ill talking about it.

I will bet that anyone who even entertains the idea that 75 in a 30 is ok, has never seen, or been involved in, a car crash. If our friend had been invloved in one just before he got nicked, it would have been his last.

No-one said its ok *bashes head against wall*

Punto/Clio GTT

i was asking your thoughts when i asked "roy?" that statement was to everyone on here who slated him but didnt say sh*t when someone posted theyde done 140

pisstake

FM

The fact that this bloke was caught and then you get 15 keyboard warriors callin him a tw*t when i put money they have done ALOT more dangerous things than that in their driving years.FM

id sooner someone doing 75 towards me while watching the road than 30 while sending a text and lighting a fag and trying to change radiostation. lol

come on get real,its bloody quick but,like has been said if it late on and he only does it for a blast,weve all done it,unless you havent worked out what the 172/182 stands for in your cars name.If he drives like that all the time he deserves to be shot!

so all you soapboxers have never been on a ridiculously low limit dual carriage way at 1pm with some tit in a beemer up your arse,and never nailed it upto 80 just to piss him off?????.If not you should try it!

P.S trying to drive at 30 mph at 3 am is virtually impossible as you fall asleep,I work oncall and should know,plus every bugger else is driving a 40.

P.P.S the car in the speeding kills advert has no A.B.S,I would have been able to stop and give the little git a shouting at for running into the road

WTF are you on about then? I regard myself as qualified to comment. I have been driving at rural speed limits for the last 15 years after a NASTY crash caused by me thinking I was invincible when I was 17 (I nearly killed me, 2 mates, another car load of people and a horse).

I dont fall into the category of we all do it so I feel compelled to comment.

140 is wrong Maxim. Wrong wrong wrong. I havent read the thread. If its a single lane road then its absolute stupidity. If its on a motorway then if I had to decide, I would say its better than 75 in a 30.

A motorway is straight, offers good visibility, crash barriers, no proper junctions (just slips), everyone is travelling in the same direction, no pedestrians, crossings, lights, hard shoulder etc. So at least if it goes t*ts up, you hopefully have somewhere to escape to.

A single lane 30 mph road, with parked cars, kids, dogs, crossings, old people (!), oncoming cars, lights etc is a totally different thing.

But at the end of the day neither speed is right.

Thats the point im making people slate the guy and all of us speed which is illegal the actual amount over the limit is irrelevant. It annoys me when people judge when day in day out they break the speed limit. I put my hands up im guilty as the next man, im not saying its a good thing nor am i saying that 75 is no more dangerous than 35 but both ARE illegal.

therefore you made an error of judgement,we are all allowed.If this guy does it all the time then he should be locked up.You must be a very restrained person and I applaud you for it.

no thinking about I cannot imagine doing 75 in a 30.I totally agree.What i was trying to get across is that "most people" have lapses,when we think its safe,and "thinking" I know is no gaurentee.

The fact that this bloke was caught and then you get 15 keyboard warriors callin him a tw*t when i put money they have done ALOT more dangerous things than that in their driving years.

FM

id sooner someone doing 75 towards me while watching the road than 30 while sending a text and lighting a fag and trying to change radiostation. lol

I bet the kid running into the road wouldnt though, because 50% of people hit at 30mph die, 100% hit at 75 die.....and just becaue the guy is watching the road at 75mph doesnt mean he can miss the kid.

I reckon a few here should go on an advance course, it might make them think a little more clearly....lol

Simon.

Quote: Originally posted by cerbera4.5 on 13 December 2004

the car in the speeding kills advert has no A.B.S,I would have been able to stop and give the little git a shouting at for running into the road

ABS or not, at 75mph if the kid ran out he would be dead, have IQs really got so low??

Simon.

Quote: Originally posted by shmall on 13 December 2004
Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 13 December 2004Quote: Originally posted by Final_Maxim on 13 December 2004 The fact that this bloke was caught and then you get 15 keyboard warriors callin him a tw*t when i put money they have done ALOT more dangerous things than that in their driving years.FM
[/QUOTE]
I bet the kid running into the road wouldnt though, because 50% of people hit at 30mph die, 100% hit at 75 die.....and just becaue the guy is watching the road at 75mph doesnt mean he can miss the kid.I reckon a few here should go on an advance course, it might make them think a little more clearly....lol Simon.[/QUOTE]

dont take it so literally, it was lighthearted hence the lol at the end, but the point i was making was id sooner someone speeding coming towards me who is paying attention to the road than someone bang on the speed limit who isnt concentrating on driving.

Lets have those of you who have slated the guy post now if you have never broken the speed limit.

I tell you what ill make it a bit more fair so you stand more of a chance, post now if you have never broken a speed limit by 20mph ...

oh and this includes motorways kiddies because we all know you lot who slate speeders are the same ones who cruise at 90/95 on the motorway.

Lets have those of you who have slated the guy post now if you have never broken the speed limit.

I tell you what ill make it a bit more fair so you stand more of a chance, post now if you have never broken a speed limit by 20mph ...

Thats out of context. Are you talking about 30mph road or 70mph road?

Former yes, latter yes.

Ive learned my lesson years ago. Im trying to point out to Essex boy his mistakes.

I dont do those sort of speeds anymore before you call me a hypocrite.