ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Has been Written off again!

Evo 8 MR
Re: Car Has been Wrote off again!

Unless the Police want to prosecute either party then it makes no difference what or how it happened as from what I can gather it seems the third party has admitted liability. Therefore all damage will be payed for.

Elise 111R

TBH looking at the damage then at the type of area the car was in it is hard on the face of it to belive that much damage resulted from only going 20mph.

Also how did the other car miss you if you were only doing 20mph? Surely the police would ask what speed she was doing going out the junction to push you into a spin......

As you say insurance will pay out and our insurance prems will rise :rolleyes:

Ph1 172.

Have you ever seen the Ncap video for a 2000 Fiesta? It's made out of cheese!

306 GTI-6

Do you attract danger? I'd avoid manholes and scaffolding if i were you!

I always try and avoid these too. As well as drain covers.

To OP: Thats bad crack mate, hope it all gets sorted out soon and you are soon driving about in a decent replacement.

mk5 fiesta zetec s

The police was on the scene pal and the officer said he is going to try get here done for driving without care. I had 3 witnesses who watched the whole accident.

mk5 fiesta zetec s

Thanks dude . Atleast o have a courtesy car until it's sorted. Would love a 172 but insurance is near 3k

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2

For those of you who dont think a 20mph crash can cause that much damage to a car at I suggest you go an crash you clio into something hard at 20mph and see how it fairs up. I garuntee you it will be fucked beyond beleif. I hit a tree stump with only the drivers front wheel of my Zetec's at 25mph and it absolutley totaled the shell. I cracked my ribs and had bloody bad whiplash, 25mph to nothing in an instant is quite a speed to crash at.

Clio S & VW T5

TBH looking at the damage then at the type of area the car was in it is hard on the face of it to belive that much damage resulted from only going 20mph.

Also how did the other car miss you if you were only doing 20mph? Surely the police would ask what speed she was doing going out the junction to push you into a spin......

As you say insurance will pay out and our insurance prems will rise :rolleyes:

My point exactly. At 20mph there is no way you would have "gone into a spin"

that is a hell of a lot of damage for 20mph! your crash bar & engine are made of cheese or it wasn't 20mph :p

For those of you who dont think a 20mph crash can cause that much damage to a car at I suggest you go an crash you clio into something hard at 20mph and see how it fairs up. I garuntee you it will be fucked beyond beleif. I hit a tree stump with only the drivers front wheel of my Zetec's at 25mph and it absolutley totaled the shell. I cracked my ribs and had bloody bad whiplash, 25mph to nothing in an instant is quite a speed to crash at.

I agree, 20mph head on will cause a lot of damage. But he wasn't driving head on into the barriers, he was *allegedly* travelling at 20mph perpendicular to them when a car came out of a side road and hit the side of his car (and did very little damage to it) which then sent him into a spin and he hit the barrier. The momentum of his car would still be carrying it forwards, not into the barrier, at *20mph*

You know what? I can't be bothered trying to explain. I can see, as can several others, what must have happened. The attending Police will go for the easiest option - the other driver came out of a side road without stopping so she is at fault. The OP's premium will go up next year regardless, and in another year he'll add another "my car got wrote off again" post and you will all feel sorry for him again. Unless he kills someone this time in which case you will all be calling him a tool.
Which he is.
End of story.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Loller, find a new job mate because you clearly know nothing.

Even as an assessor I can see what happened, it's also part of my job to determine true accident circumstances.

You never mentioned how strong the front of a Fiesta is, it isn't. 10/15mph into a barrier would do some damage, it would be like hitting a brick wall, they are designed no to move.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

Just works the same as any recent work carried out, belts, mots, servicing. A lot of people don't know half the things that can be used on the insurance company to get better payments.

Thats how i got 4k for an 8 year old phase 1 IIRC ;)

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
Someone is always trying to be smart! Someone reversed into the front of my starlet a few years back and almost wrote the thing off. lol

Best of luck with the claim etc!

Clio S & VW T5

Loller, find a new job mate because you clearly know nothing.

Even as an assessor I can see what happened, it's also part of my job to determine true accident circumstances.

You never mentioned how strong the front of a Fiesta is, it isn't. 10/15mph into a barrier would do some damage, it would be like hitting a brick wall, they are designed no to move.

So the barriers are designed to be hard, like a brick wall. And yet look at the damage his "20mph" impact has done to them. And then remember that the offending car spun him so he lost control and went into the barrier. He didn't hit them at the speed he was travelling forward at, he spun first, remember?I'm sure the 3 witnesses will back up his account of only doing 20 mph though, and everyone will be happy. Except everyone whose insurance premiums will go up yet again.Nothing to do with me, I'm just offering my opinion (based on 17 years of experience and training)

s**t luck mate, my first clio was written off in similar circumstances.

BTW I live literally 2 minutes up the road from where this accident took place (just before Saltaire roundabout near *****'s pub judging by the pictures) and at that time of day it would be virtually impossible to go any faster than 20mph. I'm amazed you managed that speed tbh, its gridlock central usually.