ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying an iPad 2

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Shows how little I know, still. HotSpot is a charged service?

Gally, Tesco offer 0% for 6 months on some items over £250 if you have a Tesco credit card. So £80 per month gets the 32gb wifi model. And a load of clubcard points.
Got your email! Flol @ "Why wouldn't one"!

Yup. I *think* it's around a tenner on o2. Not sure thought.

I'll always have my iPhone with me, so if I need to check anything, I can. It's only left the house a couple of times. Last weekend at FCS it would have been nice to have the 3G version but it wasn't the end of the world. Not often I'm sat in the middle of a sandy car park with nothing to do.

The only time I would need 3G would be at events mentioned, so Silverstone Classic etc.

LY R26 #288
Mines been delivered and is waiting for me at home.
I'm still deciding weather I actually want one or not.
Will it win me over? I'm not sure, i'll give it a go though. 7 day cooling off period FTW.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Mines been delivered and is waiting for me at home.
I'm still deciding weather I actually want one or not.
Will it win me over? I'm not sure, i'll give it a go though. 7 day cooling off period FTW.

If you are unsure then why did you buy/ order one?

TBH I love mine. I hardly use my MBP now.

LY R26 #288
I do want one, its just a long contract and obviously i don't wanna get stuck in a contract if i don't end up using it much.

I don't have a laptop so it would be handy for me, the one thing that puts me off is the lack of flash support, although i know there is ways around it.

Reanult Clio mk2 red
Sorry but I don't see the point with the Ipads. if you really think about it, they are just bigger versions or the ipod touch/iphone's (plus by the way iphone 5 is out soon).
Don't get me wrong I think the tech is sound but way spend hundreds of pounds when you could buy the best iphone/ipod touch. but each to their own

Sorry but I don't see the point with the Ipads. if you really think about it, they are just bigger versions or the ipod touch/iphone's (plus by the way iphone 5 is out soon).
Don't get me wrong I think the tech is sound but way spend hundreds of pounds when you could buy the best iphone/ipod touch. but each to their own

I constantly use my laptop at home for the screen size, on the sofa, before going to bed, etc etc. With the iPhone, I have to constantly zoom and scroll... I would use the iPad in place of the laptop constantly, so £450+ for a solution is bang on IMO.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Yup. I *think* it's around a tenner on o2. Not sure thought.

I'll always have my iPhone with me, so if I need to check anything, I can. It's only left the house a couple of times. Last weekend at FCS it would have been nice to have the 3G version but it wasn't the end of the world. Not often I'm sat in the middle of a sandy car park with nothing to do.

the simplicity plan i went for recently includes tethering with the data bolton, its 500mb for both data on the phone and tethering which is perfect, just wish i'd gone for the 64gb wifi now, i'm running out of space on the MBA and ipad, doing my nut in.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

LOL.

Thanks for the sage advice. I'll bookmark it.

I'm pretty sure the iPad's a bigger success than even Apple thought. I'm not sure Steve will lose sleep over your opinion.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

:rolleyes:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Got any more info on that plan, Dave?

All new O2 contracts include tethering afaik, mine does on my iPhone

Infect I think all O2 contracts are now without data and you then choose between a 100mb, 500mb or 1gb bolt on.

Well I've bought one too.

Vodafone offered a very good deal. Granted over two years, but as with the iPhone, if a new one comes out that I *must* buy I'll sell this un.

16gb, with 3G.

Tesla MP3 2021
I got an iPad 2 last week, just a 16Gb Wifi.

I'm on the O2 simplicity 300 but with 1Gb of data which I can use either straight on the iP4 or with any Hotspot device via the iP4.

LY R26 #288
Have you ordered one JD?. I'm using mine now. I like it :)

Vodafone took about 4 days to send mine out. So not too bad.

LY R26 #288
I got the 32gb black, it was 50 up front and its 32 quid a month for 2 years. What deal did they give you?

LY R26 #288
Don't forget the sim only data plan from vodafone is 15 a month iirc. I am still toying with the idea of sending it back and buying a wifi one and using the data through my phone when i need it

Just get an PAYG one. Unless you're going to be using without wifi near enough everyday, it's silly to have such an expensive data plan.

dk

911 GTS Cab
All new O2 contracts include tethering afaik, mine does on my iPhone

Infect I think all O2 contracts are now without data and you then choose between a 100mb, 500mb or 1gb bolt on.

i believe thats how it works now, at first i didn't like the idea as i was losing 500mb in my head as i was on unlimited before, but i looked at my usage and i was about 2-300mb a month as i mostly used wifi, if you go over, you just a buy an additional bolt on that month i think if you want to use more, so i guess it must be a hard limit?

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
im gunna get an ipad. rang vodaphone and they want a tenner a month for the tethering option to be enabled where i have unlimited data on my iphone, or they want £35 a month for an ipad contract with 500mb.

figure it works best to enable tethering as then i will be able to use it with my laptop as well.

Tesla MP3 2021
O2 told me that if you go over your data allowance they just slow your bandwidth right down. Not really looked into it tbh!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
O2 told me that if you go over your data allowance they just slow your bandwidth right down. Not really looked into it tbh!

Yeah they do, its that slow its unusable lol! At least they dont charge you for going over :)

Care to elaborate as to why?

Because so far it hasn't left my side in the evenings. Work and non-work related stuff is now a sinch. Answering emails, logging into SalesForce CRM, looking at Tvs to buy, looking at threads on here. It's a hell of a lot quicker than my iPhone and obviously easier to read/view as it's larger. iPlayer is also pretty ace.

Rav4
Because so far it hasn't left my side in the evenings. Work and non-work related stuff is now a sinch. Answering emails, logging into SalesForce CRM, looking at Tvs to buy, looking at threads on here. It's a hell of a lot quicker than my iPhone and obviously easier to read/view as it's larger. iPlayer is also pretty ace.

Cool, thanks for that, makes sense. :)

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Mine arrived today and I'm just reminded of how great they are, every time I look at the iPhone it just seems tiny now though!

Revels needs to set up a referal scheme with Apple, I think!

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
few things i would like to know,

Can you watch stuff like bbc iplayer/demand5 etc on the ipad2?

what about downloading stuff, i.e torrents etc, is it possible?

if it could do this then might be a good upgrade from the laptop,