ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying an iPad 2

LY R26 #288
I've been getting more and more tempted to get an Ipad 2 recently and have been looking at prices etc.

I'm looking at getting a Black 32GB + WIFI/3G.

Vodafone are doing them for £279 + £27 a month on a 2 year contract for 2GB of data and 1gb of BTopenzone.

What do you reckon?. I don't really want to part with the cash to buy one outright, although I know you pay more in the long run.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Do you really need 3G?

Long contracts that are very expensive. Get a wifi model and use personal hotspot on iPhone/android or buy a mifi IMO

I had a play with one last night for the first time and I wasn't completely taken with it. I can't help feeling they're a little too large to be properly comfortable in your palms. Always felt like I was having to reach into the middle of it.

LY R26 #288
Do you really need 3G?

Long contracts that are very expensive. Get a wifi model and use personal hotspot on iPhone/android or buy a mifi IMO

I don't have an Iphone yet (waiting for an upgrade) or an android. I have an N97 unfortunatly.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I got a white 32GB WIFI/3G iPad 2 from Vodafone for FREE at £27 a month!!!!!!

Which means im paying just under £100 over the two years for all the data usage

Citroen DS3 DSport
The 3G iPad 2 is well worth buying, battery life is so much better than relying on a iPhone with personal hotspot.

LY R26 #288
I got a white 32GB WIFI/3G iPad 2 from Vodafone for FREE at £27 a month!!!!!!

Which means im paying just under £100 over the two years for all the data usage
i've heard something about this deal, its something to do with if you've already got a phone contract and paying over 30 a month with voda? Is this the case because i'm paying over 30 for my contract

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
i've heard something about this deal, its something to do with if you've already got a phone contract and paying over 30 a month with voda? Is this the case because i'm paying over 30 for my contract

Maybe, Not sure to be honest! I just called them and they offered the deal! Simples. But over the 24 months it actually works out cheaper then if i were to buy the iPad outright then add a 3G subscription

DB.

BMW 440i
Oh, and the new OS for the iMac should be out, may as well get all three! Lol!

LY R26 #288
Well I called them this morning, i've ordered mine pending their credit checks. The only deal they offered me was 50 up front cost and 32 a month for the same data plan as previously mentioned! The 16gb was free but i wanted the 32gb

Rav4
Well I called them this morning, i've ordered mine pending their credit checks. The only deal they offered me was 50 up front cost and 32 a month for the same data plan as previously mentioned! The 16gb was free but i wanted the 32gb

Thanks for the update, but that sounds nothing like the other deal and additionally, a 32 month contract ???

Eugegall = spill the beans on your deal porfavor

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the update, but that sounds nothing like the other deal and additionally, a 32 month contract ???

Eugegall = spill the beans on your deal porfavor

Hey, He means £32 a month for 24 months,

I'm with Vodafone and have been for years and years. My Monthly bill is normally always over £100 a month.

So when i called them i politely reminded them of the above and asked what there best offer was.... I'm pretty sure i didn't get a special rate. Offer free to anyone on Vodafone IIRC.

LY R26 #288
yeah its 32 a month over 24 months which i was happy with. So a fiver more than yours. I don't know why the deals are different but thats what they offered me, and thats whats been posted on the vodafone forum aswell. All confirmed now, should be with me in 7-10 days and i have 7 days to change my mind after receiving! I've always been the person saying "whats the point in an ipad" but i used my mates tablet and liked it. I like the mobility and the fact you can take it anywhere

Mk5 golf gti
The 3G iPad 2 is well worth buying, battery life is so much better than relying on a iPhone with personal hotspot.

i dont get why people pay for 3g

everywhere has WIFI, ive never had been in the position to need 3g and i use mine all day everyday in all sorts of places

and i dont use personal hotspot

Rav4
i dont get why people pay for 3g

everywhere has WIFI, ive never had been in the position to need 3g and i use mine all day everyday in all sorts of places

and i dont use personal hotspot

South West trains? on the Tube? You are right though, lots of hot spots everywhere.

182, turbo rx8, 911
To use personal hotspot on o2, I presume you need to have internet tethering enabled? Anyone know what the cost is? What sort of speeds so you get when using hotspot?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
To use personal hotspot on o2, I presume you need to have internet tethering enabled? Anyone know what the cost is? What sort of speeds so you get when using hotspot?

It's already included on my O2 contract which is just a standard one :)

LY R26 #288
My first Apple product. So its going to be an experiance!. Just waiting for my contract to renew now so I can upgrade to an Iphone aswell :D

So out of interest, do people feel 3G is not so necessary on the iPad if you have an iPhone 4?

I've been looking at these recently, and the deals from vodafone are good for me, but if i can pay less, bonus.

Home/house with wireless 75% at least. The rest of the time... It links to this iPhone HotSpot, right?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
House for me. I'm still wondering whether to get one or not. The OH quite fancies one aswell.

Not that expensive in the grand scheme of things.

Shows how little I know, still. HotSpot is a charged service?

Gally, Tesco offer 0% for 6 months on some items over £250 if you have a Tesco credit card. So £80 per month gets the 32gb wifi model. And a load of clubcard points.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't do CC's mate but I like the Clubcard shout i'll pop in after work and see. They are pretty retarted in my local one though.

Yup. I *think* it's around a tenner on o2. Not sure thought.

I'll always have my iPhone with me, so if I need to check anything, I can. It's only left the house a couple of times. Last weekend at FCS it would have been nice to have the 3G version but it wasn't the end of the world. Not often I'm sat in the middle of a sandy car park with nothing to do.

Gav_r26

ClioSport Club Member
  2006 Megane R26
I went for a 3g but only as I was buying a refurbed Ipad 1 and the 3g was only £5 more expensive so thought it's worth having just incase. Also got to be worth it on resale value! Picked up an O2 pay and go sim for it as it's free so have the option if i need it. Am on O2 with phone but needed a £10 bolt on to get tethering enabled! Sod that! Love the ipad though. I know people will say you should have got a 2 but the 1 does what i want and was a sensible price unlike the 2 as i wanted at least 32gb.