ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying a Mk 2 1.2

Suzuki SV650
Lil' brother has found a green 3 door 1.2 Clio 'Grande', on a W or V plate for £1595, 55k miles, not sure about the hist. thou and certainly not sure if the cambelt has been done or not. Anyway, looks tidy, going to scout it over tomorrow hopefully, advice on things to look for?

Steve.

Suzuki SV650
Seems clean, drives fine, brakes well and handles as well as can be expected. Gear changes are as fluent as my 172, if not a little easier. Engine doesn't wobble or make a loud noise (tappets/injectors) and is quite clean, no history but they will do a service, cambelt, & mot & tax it for us.

Handbrake seems a bit loose, I mean it holds up well but just feels loose to pull on if you know what I mean. Exterior is fine for a car of its age.

172 cup
Only had mine for 6 months and nothing gone wrong with it so far - did have a problem with it when I first got it though where it just kept randomly stalling on me, electric's warning light would appear and then it would conk out but that was sorted (wasnt anything electrical).

Apart from that mine has been great, drives really nice, as you say gears are good.

sav

Renault Clio 1.2 mk2 ph1
i got a T reg 1.2 Grande and its a dream to drive only has 51820 on the clock with fsh very nice car to drive your bro will be happy with it. :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Seems clean, drives fine, brakes well and handles as well as can be expected. Gear changes are as fluent as my 172, if not a little easier. Engine doesn't wobble or make a loud noise (tappets/injectors) and is quite clean, no history but they will do a service, cambelt, & mot & tax it for us.

Handbrake seems a bit loose, I mean it holds up well but just feels loose to pull on if you know what I mean. Exterior is fine for a car of its age.

sounds good, handbrake can be adjusted no problem too so thats not an issue.

Lots of Alfas
Check cambelt/service history, check the anti roll bar links. Pretty solid engines, start from cold and make sure gear change is fairly smooth and not squeaking.